Trade Deadline Thread

carpandean

On to more important things.......I think we need to name a line for our new acquisition.

How about THE MINORITY LINE?

Torres, Grier, and Roy.

A Mexican, a Black guy, and a woman.

:thumbsup:

...walk into a bar?

Torres is fine with me......Darcy has a slow learning curve, but by 2014 he should have it all figured out.

Torres made comments earlier this season he would like to play for Toronto, Burke just made comments before the Olympics he would like players like Torres. Torres is a UFA, where do you think he signs in the off season?

Bad, bad trade by Regier. Just horrible.

On to more important things.......I think we need to name a line for our new acquisition.

How about THE MINORITY LINE?

Torres, Grier, and Roy.

A Mexican, a Black guy, and a woman.

Funny, but women aren't in the minority in this country. In 25 years, that'll read A White Guy, A Black Guy...

Torres made comments earlier this season he would like to play for Toronto, Burke just made comments before the Olympics he would like players like Torres. Torres is a UFA, where do you think he signs in the off season?

Bad, bad trade by Regier. Just horrible.

Most people think Burke is a great GM ... Torres is a player he likes ... so explain how it is HORRIBLE that he now plays for the Sabres? Who cares where he goes after the season?

I am pretty fed up with the team, as far as I am concerned they should all be shopped with the exception of Miller and Myers (and Kassian and Adam, maybe) .... obviously Darcy will not do that, so yeah, I am fed up with him ... but there is nothing wrong with this deal in itself.

If they were true to their word last offseason in regards to the "thorough comprehensive review", we would have seen more than Montador & Grier in and Max and Kotalik out.

I have no reason to believe that it will be any different come this summer.

If LQ/DR had balls...

#1 Rivet would be bought out

#2 Roy and Stafford would be traded

#3 A PP QB would be acquired

#4 Weber, Ennis and Enroth will be promoted

#5 Upgrades for pending UFA's Mair and Ellis would be found

#6 Figure out what to do with Tallinder and Lydman

I understand your thinking for this, but the bolded is something I disagree with strongly. There is no rush with Enroth and he shouldn't be brought up just because we need a new backup. They've got the luxury of time there. The waiver limits are different with goalies, so they have even more time with him than you'd think. Just take a look at a guy like Jimmy Howard in Detroit. Don't rush him along unless you believe he is completely ready to serve as a backup.

Most people think Burke is a great GM ... Torres is a player he likes ... so explain how it is HORRIBLE that he now plays for the Sabres? Who cares where he goes after the season?

I am pretty fed up with the team, as far as I am concerned they should all be shopped with the exception of Miller and Myers (and Kassian and Adam, maybe) .... obviously Darcy will not do that, so yeah, I am fed up with him ... but there is nothing wrong with this deal in itself.

I would have kept the 2nd round pick. 2 months of service isn't worth a second rounder, especially since this guy isn't what is needed to get us out of the 1st round of the playoffs. Now, if they had made a significant move to upgrade the RW position, that would have been a different story. But alone, this guys adds a little, but not enough to push this team to anything significant this season, hence my comment.

Looking over all the trades? Looks like the two best teams in the NHL, Washington and Pittsburgh, helped themselves the most.

I liked what Burke was able to do. It is a work in progress and he setting himself up nicely for the next couple of years.

Regier? Being objective, the trades as stand alone trades are good deals. Do they improve the Sabres chances? Not really, Torres is a bit better than Dominic Moore. I don't see him having any impact on the "Core" of this team which seems oblivious to any outside influences.

Regier? Being objective, the trades as stand alone trades are good deals. Do they improve the Sabres chances? Not really

That's about where I'm at and that's often the case with Darcy. What he does do, I usually don't have a problem with; it's what he doesn't do that usually pisses me off.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a trade but a signing Chelios is a Thrasher

Sorry I didn't get to this the other day.

There's just something wrong with this picture. I don't mind him having something left in the tank, but I just can't picture him in something other than an Original Six jersey.

Archived