Trade Deadline Thread

carpandean

That's a pretty steep price. The going rate for defensemen is going to be high again. We can get a pretty nice return for Tallinder or Lydman if we decide to move either of them.

Hank should easily be worth a 2nd rounder and a roster player. Lydman should be able to fetch better. This move IMO shouldn't be made unless the team is going to bolster its offensive core THIS SEASON!

Hank should easily be worth a 2nd rounder and a roster player. Lydman should be able to fetch better. This move IMO shouldn't be made unless the team is going to bolster its offensive core THIS SEASON!

I really don't know what to think on this one, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of them is sent packing... definitely not both.

I always thought it would be fun to have Sutton (or Chara or Pronger, but Sutton seemed most likely) paired with Myers. A defensive pairing with an average height of 6'7"!

Some half-wit could dub them the Twin Towers!

That's a pretty steep price. The going rate for defensemen is going to be high again. We can get a pretty nice return for Tallinder or Lydman if we decide to move either of them.

Lydman will be traded for a second round pick, which in turn will be traded for some offensive depth.

To Chicago: Nick Boynton

To Anaheim: Future considerations

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312135

I'm not really sure what "future considerations" are, but ...

The Hawks, who have assigned the defenceman to the AHL's Rockford IceHogs, will send future considerations to the Ducks.

can one really "send" them?

I'm not really sure what "future considerations" are, but ...

can one really "send" them?

Kindof a conditional pick thingy. If the Hawks end up using him, they'll give something to Anaheim. I wonder if Anaheim is making a little bit of cap space for themselves.

It's a bit more than a bag of pucks.

Kindof a conditional pick thingy. If the Hawks end up using him, they'll give something to Anaheim. I wonder if Anaheim is making a little bit of cap space for themselves.

It's a bit more than a bag of pucks.

But under the current CBA you need to keep some cap space for the bag of pucks.

Can I post this? :)

From Bob McKenzie at TSN:

"Pending trade call with NHL, Pitt is sending Luca Caputi and Martin Skoula to Tor for Alex Ponikarovsky. No draft picks involved.

At deadline time, this passes as done deal. Other times of yr, not so much. Technically not official til trade call but let's call it done."

I'm just happy Burke didn't get any picks, I would be sick if he manages to get back the 1st's he gave up for Kessel

I already wonder about whether the deals he made for Phaneuf and Giggy were "on the Up and Up"? If they were, I can't believe he found some team willing to turn his garbage into gold, well, atleast copper

So.......about that face-off guy that we need...

Goose holding his hand that way didnt look good. This should change the dynamics of the deadline. Unfortunate if its serious, because now it almost becomes something that DR has to trade for much like 07 when instead of addressing grit and cup-battle worn vets, we got Zubrus to fill Gaustad's role.

So.......about that face-off guy that we need...

Goose holding his hand that way didnt look good. This should change the dynamics of the deadline. Unfortunate if its serious, because now it almost becomes something that DR has to trade for much like 07 when instead of addressing grit and cup-battle worn vets, we got Zubrus to fill Gaustad's role.

I hope he doesn't get the strange idea to piss away a 1st rounder just to replace Gaustad.

Can I post this? :)

From Bob McKenzie at TSN:

"Pending trade call with NHL, Pitt is sending Luca Caputi and Martin Skoula to Tor for Alex Ponikarovsky. No draft picks involved.

At deadline time, this passes as done deal. Other times of yr, not so much. Technically not official til trade call but let's call it done."

Done deal...

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=312141

Archived