Trade Deadline Thread

carpandean

Over at the TSN blog from Jay Onrait's 2010 TradeCentre Blog:

Someone posted a silly trade about TSN reporters then Jay Onrait replies:

"Whew! Well Eklund if you're reporting it I guess it's not true! Thanks for putting my mind at ease Eklund!"

To re-use a classic line from another Member's post during a past trade deadline:

"Time to pinch it off Darcy & get to the phone!"

Apologies for not remembering who gave that sage advice.

What? He can't use his cell phone while in the stall???

C'Mon DR and OSP, let's get this team some help....they've been reeling for six weeks now.

Why do we even have a GM? Maybe we should just take a page from the Bills and go without... save the salary... the net outcome will be the same.

Apparently, we're asking too much of this "GM". I mean, what's the point of trying to improve your team that would be in the playoffs if the season ended today.

Apparently, we're asking too much of this "GM". I mean, what's the point of trying to improve your team that would be in the playoffs if the season ended today.

Apprently there are no trades available that meet Darcy's rigourous standards of building for the future. I sure hope he hangs onto that 2nd round pick so we can get a player with 25% chance of contributing 5 years from now. Thank's Darcy.

Some people want Darcy to dump our underachievers...Some want to bolster our skaters for a playoff run, even if it means rentals...

I think Darcy's torn, and that's why he's not doing anything. When we were playing well, I'm sure he thought about rentals...then we go into a tailspin, and he's caught in this mindgame of whether to 'quit' now and give up on all these players (i.e., trade Roy, Stafford, Mac, etc.), or to mortgage the future and dump prospects/picks (Ennis, Gerbe, etc.) to give this team a few missing veteran rental pieces which would propel them into the playoffs with a lot stronger play.

It's not an easy decision - is this about NOW or the FUTURE?

...that said, he's paid good money to run this organization...he should have made his mind up by today.

Archived