Trade Deadline Thread

carpandean

god this is annoying. the people around is in the standings are getting better, little piece by little piece and we're just standing there.

Very frustrating.....same thing happens this time each year.

We like our team.

Price was too high for what we wanted.

Blah Blah Blah

Some people want Darcy to dump our underachievers...Some want to bolster our skaters for a playoff run, even if it means rentals...

I think Darcy's torn, and that's why he's not doing anything. When we were playing well, I'm sure he thought about rentals...then we go into a tailspin, and he's caught in this mindgame of whether to 'quit' now and give up on all these players (i.e., trade Roy, Stafford, Mac, etc.), or to mortgage the future and dump prospects/picks (Ennis, Gerbe, etc.) to give this team a few missing veteran rental pieces which would propel them into the playoffs with a lot stronger play.

It's not an easy decision - is this about NOW or the FUTURE?

...that said, he's paid good money to run this organization...he should have made his mind up by today.

Not making any moves shows me that the FO does not believe that they are good enough to win this year. Also, they likely feel there isn't anyone available that would make them good enough this year unless they gave up a substantial amount of players, picks, and prospects. Impotence is their only option. They're damned if they do and they're damned if they don't.

What does the board think...

The asking price for Kaberle is high...but he's under contract for another season and should bolster the defense.

Should Darcy give up Stafford, Gerbe, and a 1st or 2nd-round pick (or something similar)...?

I think I'd do it...

The asking price for Kaberle is high...but he's under contract for another season and should bolster the defense.

Should Darcy give up Stafford, Gerbe, and a 1st or 2nd-round pick (or something similar)...?

Sure, do it but lower round pick.

nhlnumbers.com is being so used right now that it's down.

It's been down a lot lately, actually. I'm sure the deadline is a big reason today though.

And with MacArthur gone, I think we're done for the day. I'd love to see that PP QB, but I don't think that's happening.

I think I'd do it...

Gotta ship a D-man out to bring him in, plus the Sabres may have to shed salary to make him fit. I say Lydman, Stafford, and one of the picks from the Mac deal.

Archived