Olympic Hockey Game Discussion Threads

Bmwolf21

Hey guys I need your help. I am in Harrisburg hospital tonight with no access to the game (my wife just gave birth to the worlds newest sabre fan this morning!).

I am posting from my blackberry ...can I get score updates an the canada game?

1st intermission, 2-0 Canada. Marleau and Morrow with goals.

Hey guys I need your help. I am in Harrisburg hospital tonight with no access to the game (my wife just gave birth to the worlds newest sabre fan this morning!).

I am posting from my blackberry ...can I get score updates an the canada game?

Congrats. I, too, am in a hospital with only my iPod touch. Would love some updates.

Hope everything's OK. Hospitals suck, unless someone's having a baby.

We're not. It sucks. Nothin scary though. Just gotta do it.

Fox News and Bloomberg instead of MSNBC (not that I watch it) and CNBC. Good to see the health care system really cares about the patients over the shareholders.

End of 2nd; 3-0 Canada. Getzlef with the 3rd Canadian goal.

This game isn't even close. Slovakia is really over matched.

Damn. Not that I wanted them to beat the US, but mine was the one Sovakia vote in the Olympic Gold thread. Oh, well, you'd think I'd be used to being wrong by now.

Damn. Not that I wanted them to beat the US, but mine was the one Sovakia vote in the Olympic Gold thread. Oh, well, you'd think I'd be used to being wrong by now.

Sorry i didn't get to a computer sooner, watched the rest of the game with some friends. OMG what a finish. Canada hangs on and wins 3-2. Slovaks scored twice and then really brought it to Canada. Handzus and Vishnovsky scored for the Slovaks and then Demitra missed a wide open net shot that would have tied it.

After the 3-0 lead, the crowd chanted "WE WANT USA" which apparently woke the Slovaks up. Crazy game and crazy finish!!

How bout our old friend Jarkko lying on top of Miller. What a piece of Eurotrrrraaahhhhhh, eheh. Guess he just couldnt get up despite 3 US players pulling at his jersey in an upward manner.

Gotta love the pasting though.

You beat me to the punch on that Eurotrash loser DRR!

But Ryan Miller gets top billing in Yahoo sports Olympic coverage - that dude is great!

Glad he's a Buffalo Sabre and the USA members love him too!!

Here is an excerpt of Yahoo outline of today's Olympic tidbits:

OVERAGE OF THE 2010 GAMES - DAY 15 of 17MedalsTop AthletesRecent Resultsusa.png33Ryan MillerMen's hockey semifinalger.png27Apolo Anton OhnoWomen's skiingcan.png20Lindsey VonnWomen's curling final

haha Yikes. How does that even happen? But to actually get on the air and not have more fun with it -- lame.

To be first with the news, the station doesn't check, just puts them on. Captain Janks, who called in to the Howard Stern Show, would get on CNN all the time, even though he gave his NJ phone # for them to call back.

Sorry i didn't get to a computer sooner, watched the rest of the game with some friends. OMG what a finish. Canada hangs on and wins 3-2. Slovaks scored twice and then really brought it to Canada. Handzus and Vishnovsky scored for the Slovaks and then Demitra missed a wide open net shot that would have tied it.

After the 3-0 lead, the crowd chanted "WE WANT USA" which apparently woke the Slovaks up. Crazy game and crazy finish!!

If I'm a Canuck fan I'm not feeling real confident going to the the gold medal game after that near choke to Slovakia.

PTR

haha Yikes. How does that even happen? But to actually get on the air and not have more fun with it -- lame.

They have people all over the olympic village and that's where Miller is. Why would they fall back on a phone interview for any olympic athlete? That's just pure stupidity all around.

Unseemly.

I'll tell you this much.....different quotes from different reputable wagering sites. You could set up a nice arbitrage if you don't mind sending $50K offshore.

WSEX which is the best site in my opinion as they let you trade futures contracts as the game is being played, has it Canada -150 USA +120. Bodog which is what most of the US Gringo use is USA -120 Canada EVEN.

Put down $25K on Canada at Bodog and $25K on the US at WSEX and root for the US and a $5 K payday.......or any other amount you want to front.

At the start of the tourney you could have gotten 7-1 on the US.

Archived