GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

end the curse

Ottawa is the best team in the conference right now...Despite their record...

Baloney. This game was winnable if we showed up and played. The team has been flirting with the big slump all season. Every time it looked like they were slipping they picked it up and won a few. Now the funk is starting to creep back in.

PTR

Baloney. This game was winnable if we showed up and played. The team has been flirting with the big slump all season. Every time it looked like they were slipping they picked it up and won a few. Now the funk is starting to creep back in.

PTR

I agree that the game was winnable..All I am saying is that they are playing great hockey RIGHT NOW...

Miller is really off his game right now. The cowboy act is wearing thin. He preaches discipline and playing the system to his teammates. Look in the mirror. You can't tell me he's putting himself in good positions right now.

Vanek needs to score on that late chance. But good for him for punching Ruutu. Also, he's lucky he's not paralyzed right now. And no penalty on Ruutu -- amazing.

The boys show that they are the best of the second level. The west coast trip and the last two back east show that they just aren't ready to run with the big dogs.

we need another tyler myers type player on that blue line and a top notch bonafide scoring forward...It sounds like a lot and it is...BUt, those 2 type of players would make us awesome!!

Miller is really off his game right now. The cowboy act is wearing thin. He preaches discipline and playing the system to his teammates. Look in the mirror. You can't tell me he's putting himself in good positions right now.

Vanek needs to score on that late chance. But good for him for punching Ruutu. Also, he's lucky he's not paralyzed right now. And no penalty on Ruutu -- amazing.

I agree, Miller needs a break.

"Found another way to lose a game," said Lindy. Haven't heard that one in a while, thankfully.

Brian Koziol was talking about Ruff's lineup on Alfie's goal. He said Ruff would have to answer for it in the presser. Nope. No one in the media had the guts to ask. Unless it was asked at the very beginning.

Now Brian is warning callers not to talk about a coaching change. :thumbdown: Why not? These are the nights Ruff gets exposed.

"Found another way to lose a game," said Lindy. Haven't heard that one in a while, thankfully.

Brian Koziol was talking about Ruff's lineup on Alfie's goal. He said Ruff would have to answer for it in the presser. Nope. No one in the media had the guts to ask. Unless it was asked at the very beginning.

Now Brian is warning callers not to talk about a coaching change. :thumbdown: Why not? These are the nights Ruff gets exposed.

Gets exposed for what? This organization chose the easy way out, balanced lines and below average top 6 forwards. The stars carry the best team and this team has no answer for it because it is built to roll 4 lines and 6 defenseman. The season is a process. Either they will prove capable of raising their level, management will tweak the line up or they will win a round or two in the playoffs because they have a goalie and a coach who have proven capable of being the best when spring hockey rolls around.

You could have said that about almost everyone on our team in the first period when we were carrying the play. That is what's so frustrating right now... we dominate play at times but no one can seem to find the back of the net during those stretches, we give up a goal, and the momentum swings.

Gets exposed for what? This organization chose the easy way out, balanced lines and below average top 6 forwards. The stars carry the best team and this team has no answer for it because it is built to roll 4 lines and 6 defenseman. The season is a process. Either they will prove capable of raising their level, management will tweak the line up or they will win a round or two in the playoffs because they have a goalie and a coach who have proven capable of being the best when spring hockey rolls around.

Why do we consistently have to get down by 2 before we decide to play?

Why do we consistently see the points left open?

Why do we consistently see a struggling PP?

Why do we consistently never see an odd man rush in our favor?

I could go on.

To give them there due....Spezza's shots were just sick.

Tim Kennedy was just pretty bad. I don't know if Sekera crossed him up....but how do you lose Alfredson in that situation.

A little pressure from Ottawa won't be the worst thing to happen to this team.

Both teams are going to the playoffs. They'll sort this out and have some margin to do it.

Why do we consistently have to get down by 2 before we decide to play?

Why do we consistently see the points left open?

Why do we consistently see a struggling PP?

Why do we consistently never see an odd man rush in our favor?

I could go on.

I'm not sure you would call the first period not playing.

Game thoughts(I just got home from the game)...

- The game is tied at 2-2, they get a PP and if they would have scored, the crowd would have exploded. So what happens, they are lucky to still be tied as Ottawa dominated while shorthanded.

- Lindy must have had his head up his ass late in the game. You know what happens when you put the 4th line on the ice with one minute to go and the game tied? YOU LOSE!!

- I don't know who it was backing up at the blueline with Alfredsson coming towards him with the net empty, but WTF were you thinking? Your two choices were A.) Go straight at him and hope you can knock the puck away or B.) Play him as if you had a goalie in the net.

- Lindy must have had his head up his ass late in the game. You know what happens when you put the 4th line on the ice with one minute to go and the game tied? YOU LOSE!!

- The poor reaction after the Phillips hit on Miller was expected. I give Myers credit for sticking his nose in there(unlike the rest of his teammates), but the correct reaction was to skate at Phillips about 100MPH with both fists flying by anyone/everyone on the ice. What an embarrassment.

- If the Sabres end up losing the division, this is the game you will look back at, as one that they could have put some distance between the Sabres and the Senators.

:angry:

Game thoughts(I just got home from the game)...

- The game is tied at 2-2, they get a PP and if they would have scored, the crowd would have exploded. So what happens, they are lucky to still be tied as Ottawa dominated while shorthanded.

- I don't know who it was backing up at the blueline with Alfredsson coming towards him with the net empty, but WTF were you thinking? Your two choices were A.) Go straight at him and hope you can knock the puck away or B.) Play him as if you had a goalie in the net.

- The poor reaction after the Phillips hit on Miller was expected. I give Myers credit for sticking his nose in there(unlike the rest of his teammates), but the correct reaction was to skate at Phillips about 100MPH with both fists flying by anyone/everyone on the ice. What an embarrassment.

- If the Sabres end up losing the division, this is the game you will look back at, as one that they could have put some distance between the Sabres and the Senators.

:angry:

I don't know, Blue. I think we just don't have the horses to compete with them.

As the home team, don't we get the last change? :blink: Nice work Lindy.

Archived