GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

end the curse

I know this is probably beating a dead horse....but the crowd is way too soft in this game...for a rivalry, and a game this big, this place should be rocking.

I loved hearing how loud the Pittsburgh crowd was the other night.

I have nothing to add. Just like the home fans.

At least Butler put his shot on net, all Sekera did was miss everything and everyone.

44 = Zhitnik Jr., but he is having a good game.

A turnover in the offensive zone should never end up in your own net. What were the other four guys doing? That goal is NOT on him.

Um, Lydman needs to see that he's got 3 guys AHEAD of him on that rush and KNOW that he CAN NOT turn it over in that situation. Look at that. ONE odd-man rush, and they scored. Way to deflect it in, too, Rivet.

As soon as Lydman turned that puck over, I said, "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo", and you saw the result.

A turnover in the offensive zone should never end up in your own net. What were the other four guys doing? That goal is NOT on him.

That goal was Rivet's fault. Regardless of whether or not the shot went off Rivet's stick, he was trying to do far too much defensively. This hearkens back to the discussion in the Trade thread. Either make a good defensive play or let Miller see the shot if you can't. Rivet tried to make a play despite being beat.

That goal was Rivet's fault. Regardless of whether or not the shot went off Rivet's stick, he was trying to do far too much defensively. This hearkens back to the discussion in the Trade thread. Either make a good defensive play or let Miller see the shot if you can't. Rivet tried to make a play despite being beat.

Miller is consistently beaten up high by the Sens - you think they don't have the book on him?!

:thumbsup:

Miller is consistently beaten up high by the Sens - you think they don't have the book on him?!

I think most teams know Miller's weaknesses. I just think the Sens have some players with a natural ability to beat Miller. There are just some things that can not be explained by numbers or logic. Some guys just have that "it". It just so happens that Ottawa has Spezza and Alfie. Just like there are some player who will be consistently stonewalled by a particular goalie, there are some goalies who will be consistently beaten for no apparent reason by a certain player or two.

Archived