GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Eleven

Dear Sabres,

I'm going tonight. I don't go to many games, so all I want is an honest effort. Please don't take the night off because you're weary from the trip and you don't feel like putting in the hard work necessary to beat Jersey's trap. Don't mail it in, that's all I ask.

Thank you in advance.

Interesting test for the boys. They're facing a bit of adversity here, limping home from a disappointing road trip with a 4-game losing streak and facing another elite team. Maybe some doubt is creeping in to the team's psyche as to whether they are ready for prime time? Beating NJ will almost certainly require a disciplined, focused, 60-minute effort. And NJ will presumably be eager to make up for losing 3-0 last night to Ottawa.

Dear Sabres,

I'm going tonight. I don't go to many games, so all I want is an honest effort. Please don't take the night off because you're weary from the trip and you don't feel like putting in the hard work necessary to beat Jersey's trap. Don't mail it in, that's all I ask.

Thank you in advance.

Dear Sabres,

When I went to the game against the Devils on December 7, you mailed it in so badly that I left after two periods. I'm going again tonight; please show up this time.

Thank you in advance.

Interesting test for the boys. They're facing a bit of adversity here, limping home from a disappointing road trip with a 4-game losing streak and facing another elite team. Maybe some doubt is creeping in to the team's psyche as to whether they are ready for prime time? Beating NJ will almost certainly require a disciplined, focused, 60-minute effort. And NJ will presumably be eager to make up for losing 3-0 last night to Ottawa.

Ottawa only 5 behind and with NJ pulling Brodeur, I don't have a great feeling about tonight. Having said that, it would be a fantastic 2 points for the Sabes to pull in.

My sentiments exactly and I will add if by some chance we continue to falter we have a division opponent in a wounded animal state coming right after tonight and the big games keep coming one after another after except for a few potentially easier ones just before the break.

So time to shake the funk, get the train back on the track, circle the wagons, smell the home cooking, regain the swagger and any other number of cliche's that apply but most all just win baby!

Steve Kouleas doing the play by play tonight, RJ's still on vacation.

Monty still in, Sekera sitting.

Lindy not sure on Stafford.

Miller starting, Ruff says both goalies are just as tired.

I like this quote:

"There's desperate teams to make the playoffs and get into that picture and desperate teams to stay where they are in the lineup," Ruff said. "Right now, we're in the desperate category. We're trying to get out of a losing funk. ... We don't have the luxury now of saying, "Well, it's too bad it was our first game back.' "

Am I the only one that feels that Sekera was not playing that badly? At least get him in the rotation of playing every 4th or 5th game instead of giving him the Nathan Paetsch treatment.

Butler and Montador could both use a view from the press box.

Am I the only one that feels that Sekera was not playing that badly? At least get him in the rotation of playing every 4th or 5th game instead of giving him the Nathan Paetsch treatment.

I agree. Montador and Butler are not playing that much better than Sekera was.

Lindy not sure on Stafford.

Miller starting, Ruff says both goalies are just as tired.

I like this quote:

"There's desperate teams to make the playoffs and get into that picture and desperate teams to stay where they are in the lineup," Ruff said. "Right now, we're in the desperate category. We're trying to get out of a losing funk. ... We don't have the luxury now of saying, "Well, it's too bad it was our first game back.' "

So Rick has extended his vacation? The sabres.com press release annoucing all of the broadcast changes for the road trip said he would return tonight.

Something is up. I hope I am wrong. I don't think Rick's health is good, I really don't. He's made more mistakes this season than the past 10 combined. Calling Mair Ruff? Seriously? Medication talking?

And is there something up with Lalime?

Does Ruff really expect the bright hockey fans of Buffalo to believe that Miller gets the start tonight because Lalime might actually be more tired than Ryan -- from all the practice?!

Wow. Double wow.

And is there something up with Lalime?

Does Ruff really expect the bright hockey fans of Buffalo to believe that Miller gets the start tonight because Lalime might actually be more tired than Ryan -- from all the practice?!

Wow. Double wow.

I just heard this clip on the radio. :blink:

I agree. Montador and Butler are not playing that much better than Sekera was.

Second that motion and add he still has a lot more upside potential than the other's especially for the offensive, move the puck up the ice, QB on the PP type role.

So Rick has extended his vacation? The sabres.com press release annoucing all of the broadcast changes for the road trip said he would return tonight.

Something is up. I hope I am wrong. I don't think Rick's health is good, I really don't. He's made more mistakes this season than the past 10 combined. Calling Mair Ruff? Seriously? Medication talking?

It's true. Kouleas is in tonight - RJ will be back Friday. Kouleas is kind of a weird guy - I've never heard him do play-by-play before but his shows on the Score have him come across as just weird (don't know how else to describe him). He is knowledgeable about hockey though, I just find him a little annoying - yeah maybe that's it. http://buffalonews.typepad.com/

Archived