GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I used to like these late games more before I got a DVR, as I wouldn't get control of the TV until around 9. Now, instead of appreciating the fact that I could see the whole game, I curse the need to wait and my inability to fast-forward through the commercials.

I used to like these late games more before I got a DVR, as I wouldn't get control of the TV until around 9. Now, instead of appreciating the fact that I could see the whole game, I curse the need to wait and my inability to fast-forward through the commercials.

The DVR really changes everything, innit?

I completely understand the DVR phenomena, however it still excites me to catch late-night games anyway. I think it goes back to my childhood when I'd force myself awake and listen to the clock radio for the late games out west. The anticipation of waiting until 10:30, and not just clicking on the DVR remote at my own leisure, has a nostalgic, throwback intimacy.

Ok, three difficult games coming up against unfamiliar opponents. As improved as LA is this season, this is the easiest game out of those three. Let's get two points tonight in case San Jose and/or Vancouver bashes us.

We're still in very good position to get 8-10 points out of a 14 point road trip.

This.

Okay can't win them all and now that we got that loss out of the way Let's start the next winning streak.

Let's go Buffalo.

This.

Okay can't win them all and now that we got that loss out of the way Let's start the next winning streak.

Let's go Buffalo.

It's like this bunch of losers can't even go a single month without a regulation loss. If they don't win tonight, we're DOOOOMED!

It's like this bunch of losers can't even go a single month without a regulation loss. If they don't win tonight, we're DOOOOMED!

I wouldn't mind a nice losing streak here. It would certainly help out with the launch of the site. I mean, I think a very good argument can be made for canning Ruff even if they're still in first place in February, but a slump would surely push some people off the fence. I'm already only $4,000 short of having enough for a billboard.

Let's go Kings!

Buffalo doesn't play well, traditionally, in Los Angeles. I hope they can squeak out a win tonight because it doesn't get any easier after this. San Jose and Vancouver up next, if we don't win tonight, we could be looking at a 4 game losing streak very quickly.

Hoping they can pull out a win, any way they can.

Buffalo doesn't play well, traditionally, in Los Angeles. I hope they can squeak out a win tonight because it doesn't get any easier after this. San Jose and Vancouver up next, if we don't win tonight, we could be looking at a 4 game losing streak very quickly.

Hoping they can pull out a win, any way they can.

I agree. Before the Anaheim game I echoed similar sentiments stating that this road trip could go south quickly. A win tonight would help greatly in that regard.

I can't sit back and watch a pretaped game. I tried it recently. Found myself fast forwarding to the goals and then back up a little.

I can watch right up until the point where they go down by one, next thing I know I'm checking the score on nhl.com

Can't explain it really, I also find myself not cheering goals as much as I would with a live game either.

I can watch right up until the point where they go down by one, next thing I know I'm checking the score on nhl.com

Can't explain it really, I also find myself not cheering goals as much as I would with a live game either.

I'm just the opposite, I watch the game just as I would if it were live. Other than FF thru commercials and intermission. I won't look at the computer, check my text messages, or anything. I hate knowing ahead of time. I even play my little drinking game, a beer for every goal (within reason, I'm not having 7 on a work night) even though the game is already over.

I messed up the last game by accidentally seeing the score about halfway thru the first (down 4-0). I deleted the recording, and then though 'eh, maybe they'll pull it out' and started again. I did check the score the next morning, but I wish I hadn't. It would have been much better seeing it unfold without knowing the outcome.

I'm just the opposite, I watch the game just as I would if it were live. Other than FF thru commercials and intermission. I won't look at the computer, check my text messages, or anything. I hate knowing ahead of time. I even play my little drinking game, a beer for every goal (within reason, I'm not having 7 on a work night) even though the game is already over.

I messed up the last game by accidentally seeing the score about halfway thru the first (down 4-0). I deleted the recording, and then though 'eh, maybe they'll pull it out' and started again. I did check the score the next morning, but I wish I hadn't. It would have been much better seeing it unfold without knowing the outcome.

I'll have to try that sometime. You're just lucky you're not a Caps or Sharks fan.

Archived