GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Sabres always seem to have a tough time in LA. They pull out a close one 3-2 maybe even in OT/shootout.

By the way, any reason why Miller seems to have such a tough time in shootouts lately?

IMO it seems as if Miller is playing a little to far away from the crease as the shooter approaches him. Shooters coming in fast and hard have had more luck as he cannot get back fast enough to make the save. Just my opinion. Hopefully Corsi can help him get this straightened out.

I can watch right up until the point where they go down by one, next thing I know I'm checking the score on nhl.com

Can't explain it really, I also find myself not cheering goals as much as I would with a live game either.

This is me, except I just put it in 3x mode, real time for a goal, then 3x again if they go down a goal again.

Problem with tonight is I have cut out drinking during the week, except for nights the boys are on. I try to stay to a glass of wine at dinner, and two 6o Minutes during the game. But, if I start at 7 with the wine..ain't no way only gunna be two Dogfish by 10.30 :D

BTW, Sabres Win tonight

5-1

Since the lockout, the home team of this series has won by 9, 6, and 5 goals. Hopefully that trend ends tonight.

Last 5 games between the two for anyone who cares to into look what you said.

12/19/08 - Sabres win 5-0 in Buffalo

12/06/07 - Kings win 8-2 in Los Angeles

01/14/06 - Sabres win 10-1 in Buffalo

02/13/04 - Sabres win 8-3 in Buffalo

10/23/03 - Sabres win 5-1 in Los Angeles

It's like this bunch of losers can't even go a single month without a regulation loss. If they don't win tonight, we're DOOOOMED!

THIS DOOOOOOMED I say again

Btw, Tim Kennedy back in tonight; Ellis out.

Per Paul Hamilton.

All right then I call 2 Pts( 1 goal and 1 assist) (or two Pints per goal if your Irish) for south Bflo tonight.

I'll have to try that sometime. You're just lucky you're not a Caps or Sharks fan.

Not as rough as some of the 05-06 and 06-07 Sabres games. :)

The rules for the game:

• No beer until the Sabres score, bad luck you know.[0]
  • A beer for every goal.[1]
  • Drink the beer before the next Sabres goal, bad luck again if you don't.
  • Optional: Beer at the end of each period if the Sabres haven't scored. Bad luck if play starts again before you finish.
  • Desperate: Beer for the other teams goals (makes the losses easier).

[0] This is how it started, I knew a guy that wouldn't drink during football until the Eagles scored a touchdown.

[1] If you drink 'big' beers (7% or more), you can optionally claim those to be 'double' and halve the actual number of bottles.

The rules for the game:

• Optional: Beer at the end of each period if the Sabres haven't scored. Bad luck if play starts again before you finish.

[0] This is how it started, I knew a guy that wouldn't drink during football until the Eagles scored a touchdown.

[1] If you drink 'big' beers (7% or more), you can optionally claim those to be 'double' and halve the actual number of bottles.

I love reading others' drinking habits. Then to combine that with Hockey, look out! A regular game routine, I like it. A whole schedule of rules, outstanding. Those slow starts this year must be a killer for you.

Out of superstition, I need one drink completed before opening face-off with another waiting in the wings to start the game. Thats really it. My pace, henceforth is then actually dictated by the flow of the game. Swift skating, hard hitting, fast drinking. Slow clutch and grab, lots of stoppages, just drags the whole drinking aspect down for me.

The rules for the game:

Nice. Whenever me and my 2 or 3 friends pre-game to go out after a game we buy the Sabres Blue 28 pack.... and gotta finish the whole case by end of the game. If we drink slow in the first period, the drinking gets heavy in the 3rd.

Margaritas with the girls all night (already started). Shot of Tequila for each Sabre goal. We win, we flip a coin for the worm.

edit: They all say "Hi".

So when you say the girls, you really means it's the Buffalo version of Bill Swerski's superfans, right?

This is me, except I just put it in 3x mode, real time for a goal, then 3x again if they go down a goal again.

Problem with tonight is I have cut out drinking during the week, except for nights the boys are on. I try to stay to a glass of wine at dinner, and two 6o Minutes during the game. But, if I start at 7 with the wine..ain't no way only gunna be two Dogfish by 10.30 :D

BTW, Sabres Win tonight

5-1

If your trying to cut down you might want to pick a week where they don't play 4 games in 6 nights. ;)

You guys are funny with the DVR and not being able to resist FFWDing. I only fast forward through commercials and some of the intermission. When I'm watching a live game, I will actually wait ten extra minutes before restarting after the period just so that I have some "tape" built up to accommodate commercial FFWDing.

Archived