GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Buffalo Fan

Okay another chance to show us they know how to play these 4pt division games. Boston is in the rear view now playing like I would have expected earlier in the year, Montreal is fresh off a 7 game road trip that saw them win 6 out of 7 and Toronto has been a much better team. It will be much harder from here out to maintain our 1st place standing with tighter hockey being played throughout the conference.

They have to put an end to these putrid starts/efforts or they will quickly find themselves looking up in the standing's not down.

Let's Go Bflo.

Okay another chance to show us they know how to play these 4pt division games. Boston is in the rear view now playing like I would have expected earlier in the year, Montreal is fresh off a 7 game road trip that saw them win 6 out of 7 and Toronto has been a much better team. It will be much harder from here out to maintain our 1st place standing with tighter hockey being played throughout the conference.

They have to put an end to these putrid starts/efforts or they will quickly find themselves looking up in the standing's not down.

Let's Go Bflo.

Well said. As you pointed out, this is a 4 point swinger, and it is with out a doubt a must win. If the Sabres win, they'll have a 7 point lead in their division. That would be HUGE. Another reason the Sabres need to win is that they have simply stunk in the month of January for the past two seasons. To start off the month with a win could give Buffalo some confidence. Considering the Sabres overcame two 3 goal deficits, I hope they know they got 4 points they didn't deserve . Hopefully this will motivate Buffalo to come out hard and play a full 60.

Another reason the Sabres need to win is that they have simply stunk in the month of January for the past two seasons.

They were 9-4-0 in January last year, beginning with a 4-0-0 run.

In 2007-08, though, they were 4-7-2, starting with a 1-7-2 run.

Absolute must-win situation today. The season quickly goes south if we drop this one. Heck, if we win the crappy way we have over the past 3 games, the season probably heads south. It's a statement win or nothing.

I'm reading mostly optimisic posts on this unproven team...isn't anybody else fed up with the BS? Lindy and Darcy gotta go, so do most of the players.

Of course, if they beat Montreal soundly I'll give them one more game.

Absolute must-win situation today. The season quickly goes south if we drop this one. Heck, if we win the crappy way we have over the past 3 games, the season probably heads south. It's a statement win or nothing.

I'm reading mostly optimisic posts on this unproven team...isn't anybody else fed up with the BS? Lindy and Darcy gotta go, so do most of the players.

:lol:

Montreal has a few key players back from injury since the last time we played them and they are hot lately. I'm pretty sure this is their first game home after a road trip. I can picture another tough first period. I hope I'm wrong (or I'm right and they keep doing what they've been doing). I don't know if my heart can take it anymore though.

Is this PA in disguise? Or DeLuca's other avatar?

My previous sarcastic post aside, I'm predicting a 3-1 win for the good guys. Connolly and Kennedy score in the 2nd period, and Roy scores an empty netter for good measure.

LET'S GO BUFFALOOOOOO!!!

I take that back, this cannot be either PA or DeLuca

Well played, sir.

Well said. As you pointed out, this is a 4 point swinger, and it is with out a doubt a must win. If the Sabres win, they'll have a 7 point lead in their division. That would be HUGE. Another reason the Sabres need to win is that they have simply stunk in the month of January for the past two seasons. To start off the month with a win could give Buffalo some confidence. Considering the Sabres overcame two 3 goal deficits, I hope they know they got 4 points they didn't deserve . Hopefully this will motivate Buffalo to come out hard and play a full 60.

true that. Been a tough two years in that regard. This year seems totally different

Let's Go Sabres!

Long Western Conference road trip this January.. that as always will be a huge indicator of future success.

We are not going to be able to grind out too many 2-1 and 1-0 games out west, so the quicker we find our scoring sticks the better - I am encouraged that the last two games we've scored 4, unfortunately that has coincided with Miller shipping some goals too. Hopefully that's only a small slump and that he can get it done and out of the way now itself.

Gonna be weird not going to bed after the game. Suppose I can go shovel or something.

First period means much this game. I can't see us coming back again, well, I guess I can but don't want to see us down.

FWIW, Gerbe sent back to Portland yesterday. Thanks Pirates, here's your injured player back. <3 :pirate:

Archived