GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Buffalo Fan

That was just a good road game ... they did just dump the puck out a lot in the last 5+ minutes, but they put decent pressure on Montreal in the neutral zoen and made them dump it in ... they didn't do anything risky, but they didn't sit back and let Montreal come in waves either.

Here is something scary ... I can hardly believe this myself ...

2006-07 Sabres after 41 games: 29-9-3 = 61 points

2009-10 Sabres after 41 games: 26-11-4 = 56 points

but without the shootout wins, if ties were ties ...

2006-07 Sabres after 41 games: 23-9-9 = 55 points

2009-10 Sabres after 41 games: 24-11-6 = 54 points

I am NOT sayin' .... I'm just sayin ... how the hell does this team have more regulation wins than that team? I know, Miller ... but still ... that is stunning.

Game thoughts...

- First and foremost, a road win!

- Miller back on track with a big game. Outstanding save on Plekanec in the first period.

- I swear that the puck comes out of the opposing zone within the first 10 seconds on a large majority of Sabres PP whether or not they win the faceoff.

- For a defense first team, the Sabres really struggle in their own zone.

- A better effort by Butler than what I have seen since he has been back.

- I hate that f'ing LaPierre. He is a big time cheap shot.

- Hab fans once again booing when their ONLY penalty of the game is called against them. LAME! :nana:

- I normally don't comment on the officiating, but there could have easily been diving called on both Kennedy penalties.

GO SABRES!!!

Hockey is a funny game

Montreal was climbing all over the Sabres in the first.

Buffalo reverses that in the second and outplays them to include a goal.

Buffalo plays the first ten minutes of the third like they did in the second and gave Montreal all they could handle. Montreal storms the net for the final 10 and can't crack Miller.

That is an enormous win. Montreal finished a road swing against the Florida, Tampa, Toronto, Isles, Atlanta, and Carolina. The one good team they played was Ottawa and they lost. Nice to snap them back to reality that the Beast in the East is the Buffalo Sabres.

The guy would win the Vezina if the season ended today. Why did he need to make statement?

If you read the thread, then you'd know MY answer to the question.

Why the hell do you always want to start arguments over people's opinions?

If you read the thread, then you'd know MY answer to the question.

Why the hell do you always want to start arguments over people's opinions?

Because if we didn't there would just be a bunch of threads started with one post and they would die. ;)

Seriously, I am not saying I disagree with you, but if you post that grass is green and the sky is blue you may as well expect someone to tell you that you're full of crap.

Just Cause:

1. 56 pts at the mid point, pinch me..

2. Miller made some spectacular saves today. Spectacular.

3. Another low shot count first period.

4. 3 total PPs in the game.. Nice to limit the best PP team to a few chances.

5. Last year, there was simply no way they win this game.

6. Still undefeated with a 2nd period lead. Very NJ-like. That's 16-0 for those scoring at home.

7. Are the Sabres becoming the Devils before our eyes?

8. Even in SOGs and essentially even in faceoffs. Although it seemed like they lost every faceoff on the PK.

9. Pominville with a team high 5 SOGs. His play is picking up.

10. Seven point lead on the division, but Boston still has one more game to play to get to the mid point. So a five point lead is still pretty impressive.

Because if we didn't there would just be a bunch of threads started with one post and they would die. ;)

Seriously, I am not saying I disagree with you, but if you post that grass is green and the sky is blue you may as well expect someone to tell you that you're full of crap.

You're full of crap.

The grass is golden and the sky is gray in California..

I think it's time to actually, gulp, stop judging this team according to it's every flaw and get behind them for how much heart they are showing. These guys are really giving their all, and to be on pace for 112 points without any top scoring leaders is a testimony to grit, heart, goaltending, coaching, and a full team effort.

I am not ashamed to say that I really like this team.

I think it's time to actually, gulp, stop judging this team according to it's every flaw and get behind them for how much heart they are showing. These guys are really giving their all, and to be on pace for 112 points without any top scoring leaders is a testimony to grit, heart, goaltending, coaching, and a full team effort.

Welcome... No team is flawless. This team doesn't have Crosby or OV and yet both are in the rearview mirror.

Well said.

"Result: Ryan Miller collected its 5th white play of the season and it inflicted to the Canadian its fourth reverse by washing this season whereas the Sabres carried it 1-0."

"No the possible doubt, the Americans will be well defended with Miller in front of their net with the Olympic Games of Vancouver. Perhaps that will compensate for the more permeable defensive in front of him…"

"Its best, in all end of match, was stripped on reception of a master key which crossed the enclave. " ?????

"Located and joined by Jason Pominville which carried out an erudite master key on the play, Connolly made deviate the disc towards the goal of the Canadian. Carey Price partially blocked the disc which then struck the post with the right-hand side of the guard."

Couldn't have said the following better:

"“It is a team which does not do anything very spectacular, but which does all well that it makes. They put the disc at the net, sink with the goal for the returns and can put pressure in front failure."

Did you know the following:

"Jochen Hecht having collected a master key on the goal, the Sabres were supported by the statistics whereas they presented a dossier of 13-0-0 when Hecht collects at least a point in a meeting."

Just one more:

"To finish some with the statistics, the Sabres dominate the League with 13 victories and especially only one defeat in prescribed time this season (13-1-4) in the matches which decide by a goal."

I lied, one more on Tyler Myers:

"“I am not the kind of very generous guy on the compliments, but I could not be any more impressed by quality of the play of this defender. And it is only 19 years old. All that it does on the skating rink, it does it well. It is solid with the disc, is always well placed in defensive, it supplements its master keys, cuts plays, that made three or four times that we face the Sabres and I cannot remember errors which it made. But I have well in memory of the heaps of good games which it carried out. They have a special defender between the hands.”"

Archived