GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I like Lindy's use of the goalies the last week. I've argued for this for a while. In back to backs, play Miller in the game you're more likely to win. Nail it down. And in the game that's more important to the standings. Lalime vs. the Hawks and Miller vs. the Rangers was a no-brainer. So is Miller vs. the Leafs and Lalime vs. the Pens, although it's tough to say the division game is more important than the conference game. Remember, Lalime played for the Pens for a short time, so you've got that vibe going. What I really like is the idea of playing Lalime against very good opponents -- he feels that vote of confidence, and his team should really be paying attention. Everyone should be fired up -- the fans, too, but we all know where that will lead. Booing Crosby, dozing otherwise.

Nuts and my next game isn't until Tues, so I have to wait till I can hit someone from behind in the head into the boards... seriously, I am playing in an over 40 league... the only running into we do is accidental or if on purpose in front of the net and the usual stick work. Still, we have to work the next day. The only time I get irate is when some idiot tries to run our goalie... then all bets are off....

P.S. The Sabres should think about that.

I get to listen to this one on my JetBlue flight into Buffalo tonight. Looking at my landing time, they'll probably interupt the end of the game with the annoying end of flight announcements.

"In the unlikely event of a Toronto victory, simply open the emergency exit and leap to your death. You'll thank us later. Mmmmmbye."

Have a safe trip and a good time back home.

I like Lindy's use of the goalies the last week. I've argued for this for a while. In back to backs, play Miller in the game you're more likely to win. Nail it down. And in the game that's more important to the standings. Lalime vs. the Hawks and Miller vs. the Rangers was a no-brainer. So is Miller vs. the Leafs and Lalime vs. the Pens, although it's tough to say the division game is more important than the conference game. Remember, Lalime played for the Pens for a short time, so you've got that vibe going. What I really like is the idea of playing Lalime against very good opponents -- he feels that vote of confidence, and his team should really be paying attention. Everyone should be fired up -- the fans, too, but we all know where that will lead. Booing Crosby, dozing otherwise.

I still don't agree with Ruff's decision-making on his goalies. I would think that the common sense approach most people take is playing the odds. The odds of beating the best team in the East (Pittsburgh) are much higher with your best goalie in net than they are without him. Likewise, the odds of winning a game with your backup goalie are better when facing a weaker opponent like Toronto than they are against the defending Cup champs. It worked last weekend but I have a feeling it will backfire on the Sabres this time. He may have handled Chicago but I don't trust Lalime to beat the Pens. The team in front of him will already be a little more tired from the Leafs game the night before so the support in front of him may not be as strong as it needs to be.

I'll be at the game tonight, making my presence felt in the stands by being loud and obnoxious. Maybe you'll hear me PA. Hopefully I wont be surrounded by families with little kids who like to sit quietly with their hands folded in their laps.

BLOW LEAFS BLOW!

I'll be at the game tonight, making my presence felt in the stands by being loud and obnoxious. Maybe you'll hear me PA. Hopefully I wont be surrounded by families with little kids who like to sit quietly with their hands folded in their laps.

BLOW LEAFS BLOW!

As long as you don't yell "SHOOT!" on the power play.

As long as you don't yell "SHOOT!" on the power play.

GR had a great mock bud light commercial where they made fun of the guy who yells shoot on the power play, it was pretty f'en funny - any idea if something like that is still bouncing around in cyberspace somewhere?

Man, as much as I love the "Big Easy" I don't want to use him up, either. I'd like to keep him closer to 25 minutes if possible.

Me too, but young body's have a nice habit of recovering from physical strain very rapidly (Now i sound like a pedophile) You know what I mean.

Me too, but young body's have a nice habit of recovering from physical strain very rapidly (Now i sound like a pedophile) You know what I mean.

Sound like?

Is it shrader who yells that when the defenseman is camping out behind the net, and PASS! on the power play? :w00t:

I'm a big fan of that. Very rarely the dumb people are actually bright enough to realize I'm picking on them. Those times are the best.

I'm still stewing over that Sens game.

Me Too!!! Here's a comment I left at the Ottawa Citizen article on the fine DRR got:

"...I grew up in Buffalo and just loved travelling up to Canada all along the QEW and that will NOT change in the future. However, the decision on Darko Roto Rooter was an obvious political one - shame on you NHL

Down here south of the border we have something called transparency in administration and since we belong in the NHL as well we insist on it as well.

So your decision NOT to impart the deserved punishment is a stain on your ability to be impartial across the board. I proffer that you didn't do what was the right thing because without his cheapshot antics that game from the 2nd period on is a different game altogether. And, at least a two game suspension (this guy is a repeat offender - should be about 5 days minimum) means Ottawa is big time shorthanded for those games - perhaps a sustained losing streak and a disappearance from the NorthEast division elite.

This won't go away and the Ottawa Citizen is NOT going to dictate the punishment that should have been meted out. The ties to the NHL are obvious but for those who don't know the public will demand transparency.

And that begs the question, who are these wizards of Oz who make these decisions? Take off your white wigs and look the NHL faithful in the eye, this mistake is your undoing - quit while you are ahead!

I am going to start doing this. Brilliant.

There are so many cool things that could be done. Imagine the road team pulling the goalie and as the clock ticks down to 25 seconds or so, the crowd starts chanting, "10, 9, 8..." :) That would mess with their heads.

Visiting fans booing the home team's power play is another one.

Archived