GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I hope Buffalo can put together a weekend just like last - strong and hard hitting, but they just have to play smarter and stay out of the box. Bruins played last night and it was good to see Max score a clutch goal against them. And as always in my eyes, Chara looked horrible on more plays than not (Myers should feel insulted when those comparisons come up). Let's have a big win tonight, and a big banging tomorrow night! Go SABRES!

Well, let's hope that Panthers game was just a let down game that they overlooked, because they were brutal. Just finished beating Calgary, then Philly on the road. Two big games this weekend against divisional opponents, I guess I could see a let down agains the Panthers. It ends here though and I feel like Buffalo should/will revenge their game from two weeks ago.....

Okay time to wipe that last poor excuse for a hockey game from the slate and prove we are who we think we are or at least who I thought we were. (i.e. a top 5 team in the eastern Conference).

Good call on the 8pts in play here tonight Corp. Not to mention two closest foes in the division standings one being the hated Sens. I watched the Sens dismantle the Pens last night and they will be a good test for the 3rd game in 4 nights of a back to back and one team I defintely want to see how we play but that's tomorrow's game thread.

Tonight we have the bruins on their second of a back to back. They beat us pretty solid/physical a couple weeks back and pay back should be in order. We are at home and should be better rested. I would like to see them come out like they did last Friday against Calgary.. No excuses and don't worry about entertaining me Ryan, just win baby.

I don't know who had a more interesting week the Sabres or Bills. They went from looking like world beaters to looking like the Maple Leafs. What happened Wednesday took some of the shine off of the previous weekend. As fans we have to hope they are not reverting back to their Jekyll & Hyde routine of years past. I guess this is where the "veteran leadership" needs to step in.

I don't know who had a more interesting week the Sabres or Bills. They went from looking like world beaters to looking like the Maple Leafs. What happened Wednesday took some of the shine off of the previous weekend. As fans we have to hope they are not reverting back to their Jekyll & Hyde routine of years past. I guess this is where the "veteran leadership" needs to step in.

If the Jekyll and Hyde routine involves winning three and then losing one, I can live with that. But then again, if it includes the back-to-back losses two weeks back, no thank you. That's why talks of winning/losing streaks bugs me a bit. We can spin them a bit to change the way things look. Right now this team is either on a 0-1 run, a 3-1 run, or a 4-4 run. One looks a lot better than the others.

I've always wondered about this. When the Sabres are at home, when do they have their pregame meal? And is it a group meal? I know a lot of players nap in the afternoon (when playing that night; some nap in the afternoon when playing in the afternoon). Just curious how the meal works into that schedule. And what do they tend to eat? I can't imagine having a big, heavy lunch, then sleeping for a couple of hours, then jumping up an playing an NHL game.

Also... why aren't practices held at night?

I have a touch of Andy Rooney today.

sabres are 2 points from dropping to 9th place...I hope they recognize that!

I agree, and I hope they recognize that too but at the same time Buffalo is tied for having played the least amount of games in the entire NHL. I mean they have three games in hand on the 8th place Rangers and 9th place NYI....

sabres are 2 points from dropping to 9th place...I hope they recognize that!

I agree, and I hope they recognize that too but at the same time Buffalo is tied for having played the least amount of games in the entire NHL. I mean they have three games in hand on the 8th place Rangers and 9th place NYI....

Point watching in November is pointless. If they are focusing on who's in front of them or behind them at this point in the season then they are putting undue pressure on themselves and focusing on the wrong thing. I would rather they spend their time figuring out how to make their PP more creative and effective. I can tell more about my team by just watching them than I can by where they are in the standings. There are too many variables at this point in the season for the standings to really mean anything.

Tonight is just a game. It's not a Must Win. It's not a benchmark to set a tone for the rest of the season. It's just one of 82, a way to kill three more hours while we're all waiting to die. That's all. Oh, and it beats watching basketball..

Lalime?

Lalime?

After the fifth goal Wednesday at HSBC, I took it upon myself to yell "put Lalime in!" several times. Miller just kept his back to me, but I know, I FELT, that he heard me.

I wouldn't doubt Lalime plays tonight since Boston is not looking good right now.

Buffalo News says...

Roy and Connolly are both on the ice in their regular spots. The lines are MacArthur-Roy-Pominville, Vanek-Connolly-Stafford, Hecht-Kennedy-Kaleta, Ellis-Gaustad-Mair. Mike Grier is also out skating lightly.

Toni Lydman will be back in the the lineup, skating with Steve Montador. Andrej Sekera and Nathan Paetsch are the scratches on defense.

Lucic is back, Savard is not, and Paille has 6 points in his last 14 games.

Buffalo News says...

Roy and Connolly are both on the ice in their regular spots. The lines are MacArthur-Roy-Pominville, Vanek-Connolly-Stafford, Hecht-Kennedy-Kaleta, Ellis-Gaustad-Mair. Mike Grier is also out skating lightly.

Toni Lydman will be back in the the lineup, skating with Steve Montador. Andrej Sekera and Nathan Paetsch are the scratches on defense.

NO! Scratch Rivet, scratch Rivet! Damn, Sekera has been alright the last four games.

Lalime?

Lalime?

After the fifth goal Wednesday at HSBC, I took it upon myself to yell "put Lalime in!" several times. Miller just kept his back to me, but I know, I FELT, that he heard me.

I wouldn't doubt Lalime plays tonight since Boston is not looking good right now.

The funny thing about this story is that sizzle was sitting at the far end of the ice from Miller. :)

Ruff's not going to scratch his captain. Having said that... has Ruff ever scratched his captain?

I remember the organization scratching Captain Michael Peca the wrong way...

(Where is number 27 these days?)

I Live For the Weekend (this weekend at least)

•  
  • No work tonight.
  • Taking Daughter to see 'New Moon' after school.
  • A little dinner while watching the pre-game skate.
  • A nice Labatts to wash down RB sandwich.
  • Up to 306 for the intros/ anthems.
  • Hells Bells!
  • Dougie Allen.
  • Let's play some f'n hockey!
  • Game On!

The boys come back to reality tonight and TCB the way they know how to this year.

Timing is right for a game against the Bean Towners.

No Savard.

No Lucic.

No free ride for Paille on his return. Punish him. I expected more from the boy here.

Win and hopefully don't give the B's the loser point.

I'll take the W any way they can get it though.

•  
  • Home after and a good night's sleep
  • Early rise for coffee and Liverpool v Manchester City @ 7:45am (talk about stirring pre-games - check it out).
  • OTT-TA-WA, OTT-TA-WA, OTT-TA-WA (Sorry Art W.) - Saturday night - We get points 3 & 4 for the weekend and 1-0 to start the season serie sweep against the SENS (ecchh - horrible third jersey - almost as bad as BOLTS - yeccch, bleeccchhh)

Have a good weekend all - regardless of the two games outcomes and Perry F's debut Sunday.

Archived