GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

nfreeman

My first GDT of this season! Let's hope this weekend goes better than last weekend did. I hate not having Grier. OTOH, I'm looking forward to seeing how Kaleta does with more ice time, a somewhat different role, and Kennedy and Hecht as linemates.

Calgary has 23 points in 16 games; the Sabres have 21 points in 15 games. Calgary has also won 4 in a row, giving up 2, 1, 1 and 0 goals in those 4 games. OTOH, Calgary has only scored 9 goals in those 4 games, 5 of which came from Iginla. The Flames have lost their last six times in Buffalo, scoring 2 or fewer goals in each of those 6 games.

Will the Sabres show that they're ready for prime time? It's hard to be confident after last weekend's debacle, but a win tonight would make everyone here feel pretty good about this team (even if some won't admit it).

Go Sabres.

Hopefully, if my current bout with vertigo doesnt knock me senseless, I'll be watching.

I'd thought you had said you were not going to watch anymore. Did you not go on and on about the poor product on the ice and how if the FO doesn't put a decent product on the ice you weren't going to pay for CI and watch? Maybe you should change your name to Favre or waffler or flip flop. Oh well, here is to hoping the Sabres grab the 2 on the table tonight.

I'll be at this game, sporting my Yuri Khmylev jersey seeing as it's Friday the 13th. Kipper is a monster and they need to take it to the net early and consistently. Point shots wont be our friend this game.

Pull out all the stops! I want a win!

I thought that the monster was in Toronto? haha, anyways,"this is a must win game" sorry I had to say it as someone brings this up every single game.

But with all seriousness I don't have a great feeling about this game. It'd be nice to get the win though because Philly scares me......

I thought that the monster was in Toronto? haha, anyways,"this is a must win game" sorry I had to say it as someone brings this up every single game.

But with all seriousness I don't have a great feeling about this game. It'd be nice to get the win though because Philly scares me......

Except the old horse corral is on a streak with 4 wins in a row and 23 points and only one more game played then the Sabres. Not sure about their past schedule but they seem to be doing well... This one won't be a push over or sleep walk. The Sabres will need to hustle.

I get that sick feeling I get whenever Lindy puts on his poor mouth.

"They've got a big, physical defense," Ruff said. "It's tough to gain space, tough to buy time, and part of our practice was getting ready to compete in the small areas. I think it's going to come down to that. This is a great opportunity for us to make a statement."

Lindy tends to talk his team into trouble. I really believe that. He's trying to change this year -- I wish this kind of quote wasn't in his repertoire.

Why do we always seem to let opponents dictate to us? Make your opponent change, instead of asking your team to be something it isn't.

Flames 3, Sabres 1.

Heres my in depth estimation.

* My basis is on the facts that:

Calgary is probably the most physical team in the league. And definetly the most physical team we have yet to play.

They play a slow tempo, defense first system that takes time to work.

We cannot match them on the hit scale.

I predict a fast start for us. I think we will skate harder than the Flames during the first 10. I also feel we will dicate much of the offense in the first, but we will not bury the chances. This will continue until the Flames wake up, and slighty slow down the tempo. However we will carry on, possibly grabbing a 1 goal lead going into the second, as this is not going to be a goal fest.

However, The Flames are not going away tonight. The second will start fast within the first 5 minutes, and then halt. Calgary is going to gradually slow the pace, and get their chances to knock us around. I see the game being tied by the mid point of the period. I see Calgary also scoring before the end to take the lead into the room. Presumably on the PP.

The third starts in a deul. Both teams getting chances. We turn the tide slighty our way, and start to get and edge in chances. But again, Calgary is not going away. The Flames will battle back. And the game will become about even toward the midway mark. Then Calgary takes hold, and nets one with about 8 left on the clock. Game over.

*Finale

Calgary:3

(Goals from) Glencross, Boumester(PP), Iginla

Sabres:1

(Goal from) Pommer?

I'd thought you had said you were not going to watch anymore. Did you not go on and on about the poor product on the ice and how if the FO doesn't put a decent product on the ice you weren't going to pay for CI and watch? Maybe you should change your name to Favre or waffler or flip flop.

Well, considering that you only have about 218 posts on here, I have to wonder how much time you spend on here. Sorry about the "below the beltline" jab, but it's only fitting when you might have missed the post where I said that my wife convinced me to renew my NHL Center Ice package for Dish Network.

Fans can have the option to tune out when the product is obviously less than satisfactory. One only needs to pay a trip to One Bills Drive to see how much the fans have grown disgusted with the way things are going in Jauronland (yeah, I know, wrong thread, right tangent). FWIW, we weren't expecting OBS (Our Beloved Sabres) to perform the way they have up to this point. Needless to say, I am pleasantly surprised for the most part, but I am still "not counting my chicks until they hatch" - and I can't expect much until Craig Rivet hoists the Stanley Cup over his head as a Sabre.

Archived