GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

And the Leafs have 7 guys over 50% FOW, we only have 2, Roy and Ellis. Looks like they'll be doing that "play the faceoff like we'll lose it" thing.

I'm at the game tonight, we'll see if we have bloody Leaf fans by the time it's over.

We'll see, why wait???

Damn, it's not a good sign that somebody has the flu. I hope all the extra precautions the team has implemented to avoid it spreading actually work.

As for tonight, I think our boys will be charged up after a couple days off and they'll open a can of whoop-ass. This seems like a PERFECT night for the top line to break out. I'll say 6-2 good guys. :beer:

All I know is that the Leaf's goalies have been a collective sieve... If the Sabres don't jump on them early, this could be a difficult game...

Don't know if this statement is true. The 'monster' has only played in a few games but he has actually looked pretty good. Let's keep in mind that the leafs D have been playing brutal but I've seen this guy make some big saves. Let's hope Millsie's in between the pipes for us tonight.

5-2 Sabres.

Did you know the real name for Chilean Sea Bass is the Patagonian Tooth Fish.

Which is one of the ugliest fish in the ocean, but delicious nonetheless. So they gave it a new, pretty name to increase its marketability. I think Russ Brandon was its marketing manager.post-1934-12569342495874.jpg

Or its brother from another mother.post-1934-12569343855733.jpg

Yep, sounds crazy. Any reason why or just a hunch? I have not seen anything that would want me to see him take draws.

Just a hunch, which is bolstered by the idea that whomever he's drawing against would be distracted by the fact that he's drawing against Kaleta.

I am sure someone less lazy than myself can look it up, but it seems to me the first game back from a road trip, especially a successful one, is sometimes a downer ... I am feeling one of those games where they are out of sync ... ugly 3-2 win ....

One of hockey's great clichés. May or may not valid -- I looked it up once but can't remember what conclusion I came to.

Isn't this one different, though? Sabres already came home after the Florida trip.

While I agree with you, I think the Sabres still haven't shaken off the "this is what would have happened last season" stigma. Rightfully so, too, IMHO.

This is the kind of game that killed their record last year - riding high on a great road series; bottom-feeding, struggling team coming into HSBC - this would be a guaranteed struggle if not a complete loss last season.

The stage is set for disappointment - and it's not OUR fault - it's the team's - that at least some of us are still leary. We have two seasons of disappointment to go on.

So, I think we either see a low-effort game where the Sabres lose by a point, or a blow-out where the Sabres have their way with the Leafs horrible D and goal-tending.

agreed

Exactly. Really, after last year, how could anyone NOT think there is a real risk of a desultory, mail-it-in performance by the Sabres tonight? I need to see quite a few more professional, focused, grind-it-out wins against bottom dwellers before I'm ready to not worry about these games and look forward only to the heavyweight matchups.

THIS

Also they will not win many faceoffs tonight with Goose out. I was starting to enjoy the old take the faceoff and then pull the switch.

Yeah as soon as I read that thought the same thing.. Time for some other's to step up..

I am sure someone less lazy than myself can look it up, but it seems to me the first game back from a road trip, especially a successful one, is sometimes a downer ... I am feeling one of those games where they are out of sync ... ugly 3-2 win ....

Yeah exactly again why after 2 years of waiting for this team to mature allot of us are still leary....... as someone else posted/mentioned Lindy's comment that they are 1-0-1 in their last 2 is true, Toronto has been playing better and so has the "Monster",, I'll predict a close 3-2 or 4-2 game(w/empty netter)... assumes Miller in goal for the good guy's

Buffalo PP

Another 5 on 3 for 64 seconds.. Connolly gets tripped going in the zone

Leafs timeout..

Now 4 on 4.. Stafford for high sticking

Toronto PP for 60 seconds

Weak clear and White from the circle

Buffalo: :worthy: Leafs: :censored:

Archived