Eck's Trick or Treats!

BamBam

According to Eck (Not Bam) he is reporting the following:

On Colorado...I am hearing that the Avalanche are actually looking around for a D-man and have been talking to the Buffalo Sabres. The Sabres like some of the young speedy forwards. More on this as it transpires...

Colorado & Buffalo

Might not be far fetched. Could it be Talinder?

Not the way he has been playing with Myers. The two have been their best Defenseman thus far.

According to Eck (Not Bam) he is reporting the following:

On Colorado...I am hearing that the Avalanche are actually looking around for a D-man and have been talking to the Buffalo Sabres. The Sabres like some of the young speedy forwards. More on this as it transpires...

Colorado & Buffalo

Might not be far fetched. Could it be Talinder?

The parking attendant tells me Lydman but don't be shocked if Sekera gets sent packing.

The parking attendant tells me Lydman but don't be shocked if Sekera gets sent packing.

I'd be pissed if Lydman is traded. I think he would be missed down the stretch. On the other hand, I am okay with Sekera being traded. I guess it all depends on who the Sabres are getting back.

Yes...I know it's just Ek, but to be honest, I'd rather talk about Ek rumors than rude people misspelling Myers name. B-)

He definitely seems to have fallen out of favor, but maybe that's just in my head. Defenseman with his skating ability don't come around very often. I'd be leary to pull the trigger, especially considering Tallinder and Lydman are in the last year of their contracts.

He definitely seems to have fallen out of favor, but maybe that's just in my head. Defenseman with his skating ability don't come around very often. I'd be leary to pull the trigger, especially considering Tallinder and Lydman are in the last year of their contracts.

But he skates around with his head up his ass. Butler and Myers prove that rookies skating around with their heads up their IS NOT the norm.

let it go - that horse is dead.....

I'd be pissed if Lydman is traded. I think he would be missed down the stretch. On the other hand, I am okay with Sekera being traded. I guess it all depends on who the Sabres are getting back.

Yes...I know it's just Ek, but to be honest, I'd rather talk about Ek rumors than rude people misspelling Myers name. B-)

I find this to be a somewhat silly rumor. The Sabres are 7-1-1. Things are going well, and they are getting scoring from all four lines. Adam Mair who usually plays on a regular basis can't even make the lineup. Why would the Sabres try to add another forward when things are going well right now? Also, I see zero reason for the Sabres to trade any defenseman. This is a team that has seen their blueline get decimated by injury time and time again. Keeping depth at defenseman is always a good thing. Additionally, with the Paille trade, there is no reason for the Sabres to make any moves at all. They are within the roster limit of 23 even with everyone healthy. I see no point in making a move now, especially. The Avs are looking really good, and I'm not sure I understand why they would want to break up the real strong chemistry at forward. Unless the Sabres are getting JM Liles or Marek Svatos, I see no reason in making a trade with the Avs. This is just silly.

How can anyone seem to have fallen out of favor at this point? Each of the top 7 defensemen on this team have been in the lineup when healthy. We'll see if anyone has fallen out of favor if by some chance they're all ever healthy at the same time.

How can anyone seem to have fallen out of favor at this point? Each of the top 7 defensemen on this team have been in the lineup when healthy. We'll see if anyone has fallen out of favor if by some chance they're all ever healthy at the same time.

Like I said, it's probably just in my head. I guess all the negativity from posters about Sekera has crept into my brain.

Most everyone wanted to give Tallinder away for some used jocks, but now that he's playing better for a few games, folks would be opposed to getting the used jocks -- and some Zamboni parts?

Not me... I wasn't convinced he was worth that much.. Clearly he's worth dozens now...

not only the giveaways, but positionally Lydman looks consistently bad....i.e., not taking the body in front of the net. IMO he is a liability & completely expendable.

He's been playing alright but yeah he's the king of really bad give aways that seemingly more often than not turn into goals

I like the idea of trading a player like Sekera. It's not so much about his play as it is with the direction of the front office. I loved that they traded Paillie. If they were to trade a player like Sekera it could be another sign that they are losing patience having to always waiting for the young players to develop. Maybe Tyler Miers :rolleyes: stepping in and contributing right away has forced the front office to adjust their thinking. Just a thought.

I find this to be a somewhat silly rumor. The Sabres are 7-1-1. Things are going well, and they are getting scoring from all four lines. Adam Mair who usually plays on a regular basis can't even make the lineup. Why would the Sabres try to add another forward when things are going well right now? Also, I see zero reason for the Sabres to trade any defenseman. This is a team that has seen their blueline get decimated by injury time and time again. Keeping depth at defenseman is always a good thing. Additionally, with the Paille trade, there is no reason for the Sabres to make any moves at all. They are within the roster limit of 23 even with everyone healthy. I see no point in making a move now, especially. The Avs are looking really good, and I'm not sure I understand why they would want to break up the real strong chemistry at forward. Unless the Sabres are getting JM Liles or Marek Svatos, I see no reason in making a trade with the Avs. This is just silly.

Yeah, Eklund has a way of coming up with all those crazy e1's and e2's. Even though we are now 8-2-1, I really don't see a shakeup coming along. Also, Anderson over in Colorado appears to be goaltending while standing on his head. Besides, when was the last time the Sabres and the Avs sent players in opposite directions?

Archived