Vanek Hurt.

wonderbread

He's important, and a huge part of this team, no doubt...but I think that we have some other big bodies to put in front of the net, and if they keep firing shots like they have, we are bound to score some goals...

Hopefully "a few weeks" will only be a couple...

Gloom, despair, and agony on me.

Deep, dark, depression,

Excessive misery.

If it weren't for Vanek,

I'd have no luck at all (whooooaaaa).

What if it were you who got banged into the wall?

If it were you on that stretcher, you wouldn't be laughing at all!

I guess the best news is that the schedule is pretty light right now. Two weeks translates into 7 games. On top of that, the teams they are playing is favorable: Isles (2), Thrashers, Leafs, Lightning, Devils, Panthers. It's a big blow, that's two starters in two games, but if you had to pick a time for it to happen, now is probably as good as it gets.

:unsure: And on the bright side, we have the Vanek injury behind us by November this year.

I guess the best news is that the schedule is pretty light right now. Two weeks translates into 7 games. On top of that, the teams they are playing is favorable: Isles (2), Thrashers, Leafs, Lightning, Devils, Panthers. It's a big blow, that's two starters in two games, but if you had to pick a time for it to happen, now is probably as good as it gets.

:unsure: And on the bright side, we have the Vanek injury behind us by November this year.

The tricky thing is that it's the weaker teams we have to do better against - over the last couple of seasons we have picked up an annoying habit of being unable to consistently beat Thrashers, Islanders, Panthers, Lightning and the like.

This new accountability and puck possession thing they have going here, I like it! :ph34r:

The tricky thing is that it's the weaker teams we have to do better against - over the last couple of seasons we have picked up an annoying habit of being unable to consistently beat Thrashers, Islanders, Panthers, Lightning and the like.

:unsure:

The Sabres are a combined 18-9-5 against those teams over the last couple of seasons. That's not being "consistently beat".

:unsure:

The Sabres are a combined 18-9-5 against those teams over the last couple of seasons. That's not being "consistently beat".

41 out of a possible 64 points against perennial cellar-dwellers is a big reason why we had joined them in the basement the last couple of seasons.

Of course, there's the elephant in the room no one is talking about - why can't we beat the crap out of a crappy Ottawa team??

41 out of a possible 64 points against perennial cellar-dwellers is a big reason why we had joined them in the basement the last couple of seasons.

Of course, there's the elephant in the room no one is talking about - why can't we beat the crap out of a crappy Ottawa team??

That wasn't your statement. You said Buffalo was getting consistently beaten by those teams. 64% of points is not getting consistently beaten. If they kept that pace up over a season, they'd finish with 104 points.

That wasn't your statement. You said Buffalo was getting consistently beaten by those teams. 64% of points is not getting consistently beaten. If they kept that pace up over a season, they'd finish with 104 points.

Ok, I stand corrected, and retract my statement.

I would like to believe you'd rather get more like 80-90% of the points against the weaker teams, and that gives you leeway to drop a few against the better teams.

NB: What I had said was: "We do not consistently beat those teams", which is not the same as "We get consistently beaten by those teams"

One benefit could possibly be that the opposition can't key in on Vanek (not like that worked last night), so they have to change their game plan a bit. This is probably why Roy said it's an opportunity for other guys to step up.

Deep, dark, depression,

Excessive misery.

If it weren't for Vanek,

I'd have no luck at all (whooooaaaa).

Where, oh where are you tonight?

Why did you leave me here all alone?

I searched the world over

And thought I found true love

But you met another and

Spluss!

You was gone.

HEE-HAW!!!

GO SABRES!!!

Vanek's injury may be a make or break moment for Dan Paille's career as a Sabre. He has had 4 games in the press box to watch what is going on. Now he gets his chance and if can show a consistent effort each and every game instead of 1 out of 4, the Sabres are in better shape in terms of depth and Paille is in better standing with Lindy.

Breaking news on WGR says that Vanek is feeling much better today and Lindy is not ruling him out for this weekend. I bet he misses this weekends games, but maybe that will be all. Let's hope, we need to keep this going.

LET'S HEAR IT FOR PRIME SPORTS CONDITIONING!

Seriously, from the replays it looks like he hit his right-arm funny bone. He went straight down on it - probably a compound soreness including the elbow and a jarred shoulder.

A little aspirin and he should be set.

Breaking news on WGR says that Vanek is feeling much better today and Lindy is not ruling him out for this weekend. I bet he misses this weekends games, but maybe that will be all. Let's hope, we need to keep this going.

Damn that was fast. I wish the weeks in the dead of winter went by this quick! :D

Archived