Vanek Hurt.

wonderbread

So, an article in the News says that Vanek took a punch in the face and seems like he almost broke his jaw again. Paille? Looking to knock Vanek out? Seems he slashed at Paille's stick and after practice knocked the whole stick rack over in disgust.

Now that's what I call playing for a spot in the lineup.

Link? Wow, that would be news! Much better than fat cats content with cashing a check and mailing in games! Lets see a little passion in that locker room (other than Roy's occasional sausage grab).

So, an article in the News says that Vanek took a punch in the face and seems like he almost broke his jaw again. Paille? Looking to knock Vanek out? Seems he slashed at Paille's stick and after practice knocked the whole stick rack over in disgust.

Puck to the face, not punch!

http://buffalonews.typepad.com/sabres/

The details of what happened at practice today, but I wonder if it has anything to do with Paille getting traded.

"Then Thomas Vanek took a puck to the mouth, which left him fuming. He knocked over the row of water bottles on the boards, slashed Daniel Paille's stick that was laying on the ice, then dumped the stick rack when he finished practice."

YES!

First off, let me say I'm very glad he wasn't hurt, obviously I would react quite differently if that were the case.

That said, I am SO GLAD the dude showed some fire. He's pissed - angry - GRRRRRrrrrr! Thank you; some emotion, something dramatic.

Between this and Paille being shipped off - these guys have some energy to bounce around "the room" now.

Archived