GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm

Game is on Versus tonight.

Lydman is apparently ready to come back. As long as they keep Myers with the sabres, its all good in my eyes. This team has been playing well. Well enough to beat detroit? Who knows... But, if we put a hurting on them tonight, a lot more sabres fans will turn optimistic. Win one game for dick jauron please! IF buffalo wins tonight, maybe we'll all forget dick jauron for 12 hours and give him a break!

Detroit should be very afraid of Buffalo tonight. They are do for a three, four or five goal explosion... I say tonight would be a good night for it.

With no Vs game tonight, I'll be watching on the internet. Or not.. Thank you DTV...

Detroit should be very afraid of Buffalo tonight. They are do for a three, four or five goal explosion... I say tonight would be a good night for it.

With no Vs game tonight, I'll be watching on the internet. Or not.. Thank you DTV...

When I switched to dish network last summer, the main drawback was the channels offered in the silver package, which was comparable to the Dtv package I had. No Vs, no NHLN, no DIY, no National Geographic. Well, starting in August, we got Vs. Last month, we started to get NHLn. I'm still waiting for DIY and NatGeo, but i can deal. At least I am guaranteed every Sabres game this season.

Detroit should be very afraid of Buffalo tonight. They are do for a three, four or five goal explosion...

Or they will continue their scoring woes and score 85 goals all season long. JK...I hope. I think the Sabres will score a few but Detroit will score a little more.

I see this one going to OT tied either 0-0 or 1-1.

You would like to think that the Sabres would be able to get a few past Osgood. He's not off to a good start. It would be a good sign for this team to breakout a little against one of the better teams they will face over the first twelve.

You would like to think that the Sabres would be able to get a few past Osgood. He's not off to a good start. It would be a good sign for this team to breakout a little against one of the better teams they will face over the first twelve.

Nah, we'll face Jimmy Howard and pepper him with 50 shots, of which he'll stop 49.

Based on the way Detroit has manhandled the Sabres over the past couple of years, it's hard to be optimistic about this game. We'll see if the Sabres are mentally tough enough to keep it locked down for 60 minutes, and to convert chances when they get them. It'll also be interesting to see whether the Sabres can get 30+ shots on goal against Detroit, who always does a great job of limiting shots.

Separately: because of this DirecTV-VS CF, I have to either miss the game or find an alternate location to watch it. Not acceptable.

Nothing restores a goalie's confidence like a game against the Sabres. 30 shots on goal, all directly into the goalies chest.

Doesn't anybody ever want to go old school -- just turn off the lights (or dim your monitor) and listen to Rick?

Video killed the radio star.

Not the same without my AM transistor radio. Remember those? I had one in bicentennial colors with a big '76 on the front. My brother used to dare me to lick the terminals of the 9 volt batteries that went in it.

Wish I still had that radio... :(

I see Buffalo scoring 4 or 5 tonight. It is time all these shots start finding the back of the net.

Personally I have been very happy with the style of play early in the season. Get pucks on net and defend well. The goals will come, and with Sabres teams they often come in bunches (or not at all). With the lack of goal production it is very encouraging to be 2-0-1. In past years, we could not win those 2-1, 1-0 style hockey games because of holes in the D. Looking good so far, lets put some in tonight boys!

Doesn't anybody ever want to go old school -- just turn off the lights (or dim your monitor) and listen to Rick?

Video killed the radio star.

That will be me tonight :-)

Not the same without my AM transistor radio. Remember those? I had one in bicentennial colors with a big '76 on the front. My brother used to dare me to lick the terminals of the 9 volt batteries that went in it.

I had one shaped like a cheesburger, with plastic cheese, lettuce and tomato. It fit real nice under my pillow. I too wish I still had it. I think mom sold it in a garage sale :(

I have my 1930's Crosley tube radio standing by. Or, maybe the internet, or, perhaps, the neighbors with TWC and a 50" plasma.

I had one shaped like a cheesburger, with plastic cheese, lettuce and tomato. It fit real nice under my pillow. I too wish I still had it. I think mom sold it in a garage sale :(

You're story isn't up there with KR unless your brother/sister/friend dared you to eat the cheeseburger.

Archived