GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

the wings are sans The Mule.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2009/10/09/sp-franzen-injury.html

for the purposes of this matchup, i can't be upset to hear that he's out -- but the hockey fan in me wishes he hadn't blown out his knee.

I agree 100% he is a beast. To bad he's out for an extended time. I enjoyed watching him play in the playoffs.

Not the same without my AM transistor radio. Remember those? I had one in bicentennial colors with a big '76 on the front. My brother used to dare me to lick the terminals of the 9 volt batteries that went in it.

Wish I still had that radio... :(

Oh the memories, wondering if Mom and Dad would find it under my pillow... ?can't remember his name, who was the Sabres announcer before RJ and Paul Weiland?

Oh the memories, wondering if Mom and Dad would find it under my pillow... ?can't remember his name, who was the Sabres announcer before RJ and Paul Weiland?

Are you referring to Ted Darling?

Blew a lot of batteries falling asleep to Darling, then RJ calling the games. Will be a sad day when he finally hangs up the suspenders.

Do you mean Ted Darling? Although many people didn't like his play-by-play, I thought he had a great voice. His was the voice I heard in my head saying, "He shoots...he scores!" when I scored all those goals in street hockey......

Do you mean Ted Darling? Although many people didn't like his play-by-play, I thought he had a great voice. His was the voice I heard in my head saying, "He shoots...he scores!" when I scored all those goals in street hockey......

How could anyone not like his play-by-play? Nowadays, it's just two guys talking while the play is going on.

That is it! Just had a brain lock... Exactly and I swore my folks could hear Ted's when the checked on me. Never did get caught.

How could anyone not like his play-by-play? Nowadays, it's just two guys talking while the play is going on.

I know a lot of non-Sabres fans from outside this area didn't care for his style. I think it was because he sounded very "Canadian" - no, he didn't say, "Eh?" after every sentence, but he did pronounce Detroit as "De-troy-it". (Listen to "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot - there is a line, "In a musty old hall in De-troy-it they prayed; in the Maritime Sailor's Cathedral" - you'll get the idea.) Anyway, Ted was the voice that broadcast the great plays of the French Connection, Danny Gare, Ramsay and Luce...

I know a lot of non-Sabres fans from outside this area didn't care for his style. I think it was because he sounded very "Canadian" - no, he didn't say, "Eh?" after every sentence, but he did pronounce Detroit as "De-troy-it". (Listen to "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" by Gordon Lightfoot - there is a line, "In a musty old hall in De-troy-it they prayed; in the Maritime Sailor's Cathedral" - you'll get the idea.) Anyway, Ted was the voice that broadcast the great plays of the French Connection, Danny Gare, Ramsay and Luce...

Can anyone find a link to a recording of his voice?

Not the same without my AM transistor radio. Remember those? I had one in bicentennial colors with a big '76 on the front. My brother used to dare me to lick the terminals of the 9 volt batteries that went in it.

Wish I still had that radio... :(

I had a couple of transistors, back in the day of my reel to reel tape recorder/player. The transistor which got most use, and I wore out alot of batteries falling asleep to, was bright green. It had a strap that hung nicely over the top bunk bedpost and an earplug!

One last Ted memory - he always knew the hometown of the fan who caught a puck in the stands. He apparently had the same clairvoyance as the hostes of Romper Room, who knew the names of several boys & girls watching out in tv land.

I listened to Ted for a few years before I figured out how he knew all those hometowns!

One last Ted memory - he always knew the hometown of the fan who caught a puck in the stands. He apparently had the same clairvoyance as the hostes of Romper Room, who knew the names of several boys & girls watching out in tv land.

I listened to Ted for a few years before I figured out how he knew all those hometowns!

ever one you can watch the game on rojadirecta.com good stream 5 to pick from

Archived