[OT] Pop or soda?

JujuFish

Pop or soda  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you say?

• Pop
    • Soda

Ditto, but then yous guy's are those ones that I a agreed with most posts irregardless of topic and could of give a buck two fifty for your opinions, yous just always get-r-done.

:lol: :thumbsup:

My pet-peeve phrase I can't stand is "these ones". I used to give my dad crap about it because he hated it, and then I realized that I too...hate it.

"These ones" is the automatic marker of a degenerate.

How about ending a sentence with "at"?

Where did you park the car at?

when I'm home in SOJO I say Pop when I am at school at Niagara or in Olean I say Soda. I like to switch it up to mess with people.

Someone should start a poll on the most annoying accents in the US.

Oh, we'll win that one hands-down. (Maybe, just maybe, the yinzers would overtake us.)

Oh, we'll win that one hands-down. (Maybe, just maybe, the yinzers would overtake us.)

IMHO Having grown up in Bflo and now living in exile in Daberg e.g. the yinzer capital of the world hands down the yinzers take it. Maybe it's the confluence of cultures West Virgina, Pennsylvania, Ohio/kentucky, but I have never heard such a mish mosh of hillbilly, hoopie, redneck, appalacian american, pennsyltuckian in my adult life......makes people from WNY appear edumacated....

POP. No matter where I go in the country, I will ask "What kind of POP you have here?". If you choose to give me the look like I am speaking a foreign language, that's your problem. :nana:

That's the biggest problem with using "pop". Having to repeat it, or change it to the local dialect translation, just isn't worth it. That's why I always spell out my last name, even though it's 4 letters and one syllable. If I don't 99% of the time people ask me to repeat it, so I'll spell it out. I might even throw in the famous fictional charcter that has the same name, to avoid confusion.

I say "I seen" but mostly just to piss people off and I don't say it naturally without thinking about it doing it.

I think "Could of" is actually the Could have contraction "Could've" sounds the same but then when people go to type it they for some reason lose their minds and disregard all of their learnings (not sure if that is a word but if SBC/Borat can use it in his movie title I say it is). I see the could of thing all the time too. I just don't think it pisses me off as much as you.

Oh yeah, I say soda.

I think the misuse of seen annoys me so much because it just seemed to show up randomly out of nowhere recently. Or maybe I just started to notice it. Really people, all you have to do is add a 've to that I and you're fine. That takes no extra effort.

I've never noticed people using "could of", so people complaining about that always catches me off guard.

Pop vs. soda. I just use the brand names when ordering something. It saves the trouble, especially since the next question usually ends up being "we only have pepsi/coke, is that ok?".

Archived