JujuFish

Pop or soda  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you say?

• Pop
    • Soda

Both... I just adjust to where I am..

Me too. And I don't even really think about it. It just happens

Pop. But I find myself calling it soda more often after living in Rochester for a few years.

I didn't know they said soda in Rochester. They're so Metro.

To me, it's soda pop, so either one is fine. I actually find it humorous, sometimes annoying, when people get so worked up over it being one or the other.

I probably say soda more than pop, but I don't care when someone says either. Technically, soda refers to soda water, which is carbonated water with distinct sodium salts.

Guest Sloth

Thanks to the military, I live on the gulfcoast of Mississippi. People down here don't use either word. They use the name "Coke." That's a specific beverage! I remember the first time I went out to eat down here, and a waitress asked me what type of drink I would like to have. I said I'll have a coke. She responded by asking me if I wanted a Mountain Dew, Dr. Pepper, COKE, etc... I thought it was a weird question, and I said I'd like a coke. I just think it is really dumb to use a specific beverage as a general term. I still say "POP,"and I won't switch to "COKE."

People down here also think the phrase "you guys" is gay. They go w/ "y'all". I don't have a problem w/ that. I just think it sounds rather hickish.

As a side note, I get picked w/, not at, by some of my friends w/ my use of the word "pop", and the phrase "you guys." They usually try to sound out "you guys" w/ out a souther accent, and they simply sound gay when trying to do so. Damn rednecks...

To me, it's soda pop, so either one is fine. I actually find it humorous, sometimes annoying, when people get so worked up over it being one or the other.

I probably say soda more than pop, but I don't care when someone says either. Technically, soda refers to soda water, which is carbonated water with distinct sodium salts.

A) I agree and

B) A "soda" is also a drink made with ice cream, syrup and soda water. You don't see it around so much these days, though.

Both sets of my grandparents always referred to "soda pop" as a "soft drink". Of course, these days I prefer a little hard liquor with my soft drink.....hic!

I work with so many dumbasses, these words are heard often:

I seen (often accompanied by yous guys)

drownded

irregardless

could of

I say "I seen" but mostly just to piss people off and I don't say it naturally without thinking about it doing it.

I think "Could of" is actually the Could have contraction "Could've" sounds the same but then when people go to type it they for some reason lose their minds and disregard all of their learnings (not sure if that is a word but if SBC/Borat can use it in his movie title I say it is). I see the could of thing all the time too. I just don't think it pisses me off as much as you.

Oh yeah, I say soda.

My pet-peeve phrase I can't stand is "these ones". I used to give my dad crap about it because he hated it, and then I realized that I too...hate it.

"These ones" is the automatic marker of a degenerate.

Like if someone asks "What ones do you want me to get" and the reply is "These ones"?

Like if someone asks "What ones do you want me to get" and the reply is "These ones"?

Yesss....even more so if I overhear both parties utter a variation.

And the worst thing is that it can be used to not only denote one item, but multiple items!

*pointing at two pairs of shoes* "I'll take those ones." "Which one?" "Both of em." :wallbash:

Both... I just adjust to where I am..

Me too. And I don't even really think about it. It just happens

I didn't know they said soda in Rochester. They're so Metro.

Ditto, but then yous guy's are those ones that I a agreed with most posts irregardless of topic and could of give a buck two fifty for your opinions, yous just always get-r-done.

Archived