Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

The money will have to be huge for guys their age.

how about a FA hometown discount? :ph34r:

Now TSN has Kopecky from DET going to CHI. 2.4 for 2 years

so far CHi has shelled out 9.8 worth of cap money on this upcoming year with the longest deal being 12 for Hossa and the shortest being Kopecky at 2. That my friends is going for the gold when you see your opportunity. Take note front office.

The money will have to be huge for guys their age.

I'd imagine but stretch it enough and it can work ala Zetterberg. They are huge marketing in Chicago too and people are really just getting back into being crazy about the hawks/ bandwagon jumping. On the business side of the hawks it'd be good to lock these guys up. Though cuts will have to be made somewhere..

I'd imagine but stretch it enough and it can work ala Zetterberg. They are huge marketing in Chicago too and people are really just getting back into being crazy about the hawks/ bandwagon jumping. On the business side of the hawks it'd be good to lock these guys up. Though cuts will have to be made somewhere..

Zetterberg is 29 and at/near his peak. Toews/Kane are 21/20 and on the rise. That kind of long term deal makes less sense from their POV than it does for Zetterberg. Zetts signed on for the rest of his career. Toews and Kane should have 3-4 contracts left in them.

how about a FA hometown discount? :ph34r:

Erik Cole (Oswego) and Brian Gionta (Crapchester).

Not exactly hometown, but close enough.

A short drive down the I-90 for all their relatives.

They would definitely give the offense a different look.

I would only hope Gionta's lack of production last season was a fluke.

Zetterberg is 29 and at/near his peak. Toews/Kane are 21/20 and on the rise. That kind of long term deal makes less sense from their POV than it does for Zetterberg. Zetts signed on for the rest of his career. Toews and Kane should have 3-4 contracts left in them.

Well you have a good point they could probably make a huge payday before going for one of those deals... as I said before it was a pure guess/speculation but I wouldn't doubt that they'll figure out a way to keep them both.

Darcy sitting on his duff .... priceless.

I take that back.

I am very suprised they did anything today.

Wanted McKee to come back, but Montador has much lower mileage.

Really suprised.

And suprised by Roloson going to the NYI.

Good for them to get that franchise back to some semblence of normalcy.

Hopefully Biron goes west to take their starting job.

Excellent signing for them.

Would have been a nice signing for us ...

Washington has some talent.. Be interesting to see who is the best team in the East this year.

That will make and interesting two-way race between Washington and Pittsburgh with three teams, NYR, PHL and BOS nipping at their heels.

Washington has some talent.. Be interesting to see who is the best team in the East this year.

That will make and interesting two-way race between Washington and Pittsburgh with three teams, NYR, PHL and BOS nipping at their heals.

That leaves us fighting for 10 again! Thanks God. I was starting to worry that the Islanders would overtake us.

Brasher a Ranger: $1.4 million a year for 2 seasons....they pay $400K more for Brashear and let Orr walk...you cannot make this $tuff up with the Ranger$

I agree... That makes no sense. Brashear doesn't bring any game only fists.

Archived