Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

Gaborik to NYR 28.75 for 5 years (5.75/per)

And now Ek is calling Heatley to Edm(e5) waiting for TSN.

So today they moved Gomez and his salary and added a much better player for less money. Not to mention the players they recieved from the Gomez deal.. How can anyone say Sather is the worst GM in Hockey??? The man has an endless supply of money and he uses it.. Only one team wins the cup every year. You might not agree with his moves but at the very least he doesnt sit still and let other teams dictate to him how he is gonna stock his roster

So today they moved Gomez and his salary and added a much better player for less money. Not to mention the players they recieved from the Gomez deal.. How can anyone say Sather is the worst GM in Hockey??? The man has an endless supply of money and he uses it.. Only one team wins the cup every year. You might not agree with his moves but at the very least he doesnt sit still and let other teams dictate to him how he is gonna stock his roster

Gionta to Habs.. 5yrs, 5MM per

The whole "I would've signed this guy, I would've signed that guy" thing is worthless. It doesn't matter whether or not the Sabres would paid that much for these guys. They may or may not have been interested at these rates, but whatever, they're signed and they're gone.

good point Schrader.. why bother talking about people already signed elsewhere

The moves Sather has made since he arrived in NYR would have had any GM fired. Redden? Rosival? Gaborik? Naslund? The list goes on. And that is recently.

He buys guys up, yet has no feel for how they'll fit together as a "team"

Now Gainey is in on it. Great buys, sure, but how will the rest of the "team" be?

If it hasn't been reported Neil is back with Ottawa. 8 mil 4 years.

I'd love to see DR give an offer sheet to Versteeg. 4 years at $2,615,622 per. For a 2nd round pick it would be worth it IMHO. If they pay him fine. Force their hand this year so that we can try to cherry pick next year. They have a lot of $$ tied up.

The moves Sather has made since he arrived in NYR would have had any GM fired. Redden? Rosival? Gaborik? Naslund? The list goes on. And that is recently.

He buys guys up, yet has no feel for how they'll fit together as a "team"

Now Gainey is in on it. Great buys, sure, but how will the rest of the "team" be?

I bet they will be better than our "team". If you think it's acceptable the way Buffalo sits and does nothing, it's delusional thinking.

We also can't make the playoffs.

oh please. NYR finished 4 points ahead of us. That isn't exactly head and shoulders above us now is it? If we beat them one additional time we would have been tied.

So NYR nabbed one of the biggest prizes again this year.. Yeah I've got some envy..

Yeah, I'm envious of the 17 games he played last year. And the 51 games played he's avg'd over the past 4 seasons.

:doh:

Archived