Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

Think there are any hard feelings?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TSN blog reporting Anaheim re-ups with Niedermeyer for one year $6 million + bonuses. I thought it would be hilarious if tells Bob Murray he's coming back to play in the NHL only to sign with another team since he was a UFA. That would have been hilarious. Too bad it didn't happen.

Think there are any hard feelings?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I seem to remember being at a game where Taylor Pyatt just dropped him.

See if you can find that. I think he was behind the net......

Of the Hurricanes who are available, I prefer Cole over LaRose. Not saying LaRose is worthless, but Erik Cole is tough, physical, and can score goals. Cole is bigger than Larose and has proven to be a 20 goal scorer over his career, something LaRose has yet to do. I think Cole can bounce back from a down year in a good situation, especially if he's a second line player and not counted on to be the top point producer. I also think the Sabres need a left winger for the second line rather than another right winger.

The Meh. was for Gionta we already have enough players like him. Larose is a legitimate scorer though, I wouldn't mind him I guess.

Chad LaRose

Regular season

Year Team League GP G A Pts +/- PIM SHOTS PCT

2008-09 Carolina NHL 81 19 12 31 +6 35 171 11.11

2007-08 Carolina NHL 58 11 12 23 +6 46 117 9.40

2006-07 Carolina NHL 80 6 12 18 -2 10 94 6.38

2005-06 Carolina NHL 49 1 12 13 +7 35 62 1.61

Playoffs

2008-09 Carolina NHL 18 4 7 11 0 16 51 7.84

2007-08 Carolina NHL - - - - - - - -

2006-07 Carolina NHL - - - - - - - -

2005-06 Carolina NHL 21 0 1 1 -2 10 15 .00

please explain to me how this makes him a legitimate scorer?

I seem to remember being at a game where Taylor Pyatt just dropped him.

See if you can find that. I think he was behind the net......

hockeyfights.com http://hockeyfights.com/players/496/fightcard/reg2006

Comments: Montador takes Pyatt into the boards as Pyatt gives him a shot in retaliation. They push and shove before deciding to drop the gloves. Montador throws three rights to the side of Pyatt's helmet before Pyatt returns fire with two rights, connecting with one. The two go toe-to-toe with punches for a short moment: Pyatt with rights, Montador switching hands and going with the left. Montador bends over as Pyatt throws three more rights and an uppercut before the linesmen quickly jump in. Montador skates back to the dressing room with blood dripping from his nose. Other Penalties: Each player received a roughing.

hockeyfights.com http://hockeyfights.com/players/496/fightcard/reg2006

Comments: Montador takes Pyatt into the boards as Pyatt gives him a shot in retaliation. They push and shove before deciding to drop the gloves. Montador throws three rights to the side of Pyatt's helmet before Pyatt returns fire with two rights, connecting with one. The two go toe-to-toe with punches for a short moment: Pyatt with rights, Montador switching hands and going with the left. Montador bends over as Pyatt throws three more rights and an uppercut before the linesmen quickly jump in. Montador skates back to the dressing room with blood dripping from his nose. Other Penalties: Each player received a roughing.

That was the one :lol:

The whole section was laughing....we were so surprised to see Pyatt mixing it up.

DarrenDreger Boston Globe is reporting Spacek to Mtl. 3 years, $11.5 mil. Ouch!1 minute ago from mobile web

(TSN's Dreger on Twitter, which by the way doesn't have all the updates so it's best to keep the TSN tracker up too)

EDIT: Also on TSN tracker now.

DarrenDreger Boston Globe is reporting Spacek to Mtl. 3 years, $11.5 mil. Ouch!1 minute ago from mobile web

(TSN's Dreger on Twitter, which by the way doesn't have all the updates so it's best to keep the TSN tracker up too)

i'll let the Habs have him at almost 4MM per.. ridiculous!!

Montador should add some strength and grit that this team is sorrily lacking.....

I like it. There are very few players from that Flames team that went to the Finals that I wouldn't want here.

Can we get Yelle next?

Archived