Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

Why do you think so?

Because although talented he's hurt every year and will cost a ton of money, both per year and in length of contract. With huge contracts in place for Gomez and Gaborik, the Habs' ability to retain and bring in talent will be impaired.

Vogl left out something very important. Sure some players are going to get a boat load of money. Know who else cashes in today? The fans of those teams. Like Bills fans with TO, the fans of the teams are going to get a burst of hope and excitement for the upcoming season. Will all the moves payoff for the teams? Who knows? Who cares? That is left to be seen. At least the fans of the franchises will have something positive talk about unlike Sabres fans who will probably have to fake excitement over some old broken down defenseman or a fourth line winger and how they can push this team over the top.

Well said. I've been saying a version of this for a long time. My version of it is The Comfortable Theory. Golisano buys low and will sell high. Comfortable. LQ got his piece. Comfortable. Mediocrities like Darcy and Lindy have jobs for life, as long as they keep their mouths shut. Comfortable. The Core has cashed in. Comfortable. Only the fans are squirming in their seats. This is just one more day when we're told if we don't eat their meat, we won't be getting any pudding.

Because although talented he's hurt every year and will cost a ton of money, both per year and in length of contract. With huge contracts in place for Gomez and Gaborik, the Habs' ability to retain and bring in talent will be impaired.

I can't say that doesn't make sense....

I just think the payoff could be huge if it works.

Who are you talking about?

Well said. I've been saying a version of this for a long time. My version of it is The Comfortable Theory. Golisano buys low and will sell high. Comfortable. LQ got his piece. Comfortable. Mediocrities like Darcy and Lindy have jobs for life, as long as they keep their mouths shut. Comfortable. The Core has cashed in. Comfortable. Only the fans are squirming in their seats. This is just one more day when we're told if we don't eat their meat, we won't be getting any pudding.

Good theory, although I disagree about Darcy and Lindy, and some (although regrettably not all) of the core.

Hold my hand I'm scared.

very nice.

Anybody want to have a pool on the first player signed after noon today?

I'm going to say it's Hossa to the Habs.

I'll take Hossa to the Rangers.

DR "Um Um Um hello is Mr. G in?"

Secretary "No I am afraid that he is on the tennis court this afternoon Mr. Reiger."

DR "Ok well its just that I wanted to know if I could sign a player"

Secretary "Well Mr. Regier you were informed that all signings today were to be run by Mr. Quinn prior to calling Mr Golisano."

DR "Ok thank....**checks notes** Stacy, have a nice day"

DR to GR masses. "We tried however it was difficult to determine the marketplace"

No, T minus 37 until Darcy appears with Dullphia on the Lunch Express. One more stick in the eye. The guy can't even pretend to be doing his job today? This is the arrogance DeLuca spoke of.

Maybe he'll announce something?

Archived