Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

No one to Buffalo.......confirmed. TSN. Seriously, i usually don't get all wrapped up in the off season stuff, but how can our ownership think this team is going to compete next year? Sucks to watch teams all around at least take a chance to get better.

I count something in the neighborhood of 10 teams in the league that have done nothing so far. So do each of those teams deserve the same complaints from their fans? Come on. It has been 5 hours. This thing is far from over. We've seen maybe 5% of the signings that will occur.

Gomez with his insane contract.

Spacek - 3.83 million average.

Hal Gill - 2.25 million per

Cammalleri - 6 million per???

That's just crazy.

At least we have these jokers in our division.

Gainey should be fired.

Cammalleri to Habs confirmed at 6MM per..

there was no way we were going to give him that kind of coin

Montreal Canadiens

Available UFAs: D Patrice Brisebois, D Mathieu Dandenault, G Marc Denis, F Saku Koivu, D Mike Komisarek, F Tom Kostopoulos, F Alex Kovalev, F Robert Lang, D Mathieu Schneider, F Alex Tanguay

none of these guys signed yet!

Gomez with his insane contract.

Spacek - 3.83 million average.

Hal Gill???

Cammalleri - 6 million per???

That's just crazy.

At least we have these jokers in our division.

Gainey should be fired.

I #%^$#!ing can't believe this!! MTL just stepped up..... BIG TIME and its gonna suck in our division. Why should he be fired?

I like the fact that Darcy is surprised by the long term, big money contracts. I get the feeling he is trying to negotiate like they had to post-Regas, signing people to 1 year deals for 2-4 mil.

Granted Hossa's 12 year contract is insane but 3 or 4 year deals aren't that long.

I #%^$#!ing can't believe this!! MTL just stepped up..... BIG TIME and its gonna suck in our division. Why should he be fired?

MTL "stepped up" by overpaying a bunch of just-OK players. They are acting like a hayseed in Vegas with money burning a hole in his pocket. Gainey will be gone by the end of the year.

MTL "stepped up" by overpaying a bunch of just-OK players. They are acting like a hayseed in Vegas with money burning a hole in his pocket. Gainey will be gone by the end of the year.

OK, there no Malkin or what not, but these are all solid players: Gomer, Spach, Gill and Cammy. And they will produce plenty of points from Gomez and Cammerleri.

Hey - I hope I'm wrong and it blows up in their faces though! :thumbsup:

Cammalleri to Habs confirmed at 6MM per..

there was no way we were going to give him that kind of coin

Montreal Canadiens

Available UFAs: D Patrice Brisebois, D Mathieu Dandenault, G Marc Denis, F Saku Koivu, D Mike Komisarek, F Tom Kostopoulos, F Alex Kovalev, F Robert Lang, D Mathieu Schneider, F Alex Tanguay

none of these guys signed yet!

That's the crazy part.. Their entire team is ready to be cherry picked. I guess when the league sets it up for you to host the All Star Game and Draft and you don't make the grade, heads will roll. There are four names on that list that would look good sporting a slug: Komisarek, Kovalev, Koivu and Lang..

That's the crazy part.. Their entire team is ready to be cherry picked. I guess when the league sets it up for you to host the All Star Game and Draft and you don't make the grade, heads will roll. There are four names on that list that would look good sporting a slug: Komisarek, Kovalev, Koivu and Lang..

Leafs just took Komisarek

It has New York Rangers written all over it, fitting that it all started with a trade with the Rangers.

Archived