Free Agent Frenzy

spndnchz

I think every goalie in the league knows that, but most still can't make the save. It will be interesting to see how Miller does against it.

It is a pretty sick move. Getting a puck up like that on the backhand is not uber-easy.

Oh man, I bet his former team mate Chris Drury talked him into it, seeing as they're buddies n all. ;)

Hopefully this works out as well for them as the Kalinen signing.

So you're suggesting that they'll package him for a trade deadline rental?

I was really hoping that he would stay out West. Now, I'll have to explain to everyone again how of the four SO losses that we will inevitably suffer against the Rangers, having him vs. not having him would likely have only cost us one point and that's assuming that having him on the Sabres wouldn't have prevented us from even reaching the shootout in the first place or, conversely, that he didn't actually keep the Rangers from beating us in regulation. Oh well, at least he's not in the Northeast. ;)

I was really hoping that he would stay out West. Now, I'll have to explain to everyone again how of the four SO losses that we will inevitably suffer against the Rangers, having him vs. not having him would likely have only cost us one point and that's assuming that having him on the Sabres wouldn't have prevented us from even reaching the shootout in the first place or, conversely, that he didn't actually keep the Rangers from beating us in regulation. Oh well, at least he's not in the Northeast. ;)

Yes, do explain everything to us. Very slowly. We're not Mensa material.

I'm glad for Al, who seems like a perfectly nice guy, but that is a ridiculous move by the Rangers. Further evidence of Sather's bozo-ness. Also further evidence that "at least they're doing something" is a shortsighted way to evaluate a team's offseason.

I'm glad for Al, who seems like a perfectly nice guy, but that is a ridiculous move by the Rangers. Further evidence of Sather's bozo-ness. Also further evidence that "at least they're doing something" is a shortsighted way to evaluate a team's offseason.

Ted Bundy seemed perfectly nice. So did George Bush in October 2000.

Nice contract for Al. His agent did a nice job

What I would love to know is who did Sather think he was bidding against?

McKee to Pitt....1 year 800K <_<

that's Doug Janik money...

that pisses me off so much. if the FO doesn't think Jay McKee is an upgrade over both Tallinder and possibly Sekera then I don't like our chances of contending any time soon. For that kind of money... wow

that pisses me off so much. if the FO doesn't think Jay McKee is an upgrade over both Tallinder and possibly Sekera then I don't like our chances of contending any time soon. For that kind of money... wow

McKee was the past - he is not the player now that he was as a Sabre

Sekera is the future, pushing him lower down the pecking order does not help the team in any which way

Tallinder and Hecht - when they were playing great everyone here was solidly on the bandwagon. when they played crap like last season, suddenly everyone's hating on them. ups and downs will happen - i highly doubt Tallinder gets traded. the Sabres orgzn is becoming famous for giving players second, third, fourth, nth chances..

I dont understand why we let go of kotalik..when everybody would just skate around losing the puck...he would be the only one to shoot,,and my god he can shoot

absolutely.. he can shoot. unfortunately, he had one of those seeing-eye shots about once every ten games. not good enough.

besides, for a boy his size, he was sure dainty on his feet and rarely went into the corners - after all, he didn't want to mess his do or put any wrinkles in his sweater.

i will miss his SO ability though. oh well.

McKee to Pitt....1 year 800K <_<

that's Doug Janik money...

Now I'm pissed. I was not pissed when the Sabres refused to overspend, but now it appears the team isn't even making value moves (and it will be tough to convince me that McKee's agent didn't contact Regier in the last 10 days). This would have been a no-brainer.

Archived