GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

Yup, that is a whopping 20 points lost to those teams - a mere 25% of those points would have them sitting in a playoff spot right now. 25%! That's unacceptable.

EDIT: Okay, a mere 20% would have them IN the top 8 but just 1 more point (25%) puts them right in the thick of things.

Quoted for truth.

The point is moot however, cause those bottom third teams play so well, you know.

All loose and skating hard, and trying different things.

/Sarcasm off

Kinda funny, cause I was feeling pretty indifferent to the current struggles once the deadline passed with no help coming in, but that Derek Roy quote along with Pominville's was just like waving a red cloth in front of my face.

Ottawa playing more like the team they are now. Under the new coach 11- 6 - 3. Going to take goalie standing on his head tonight for Sabres to win. Tough night ahead, its a win they must have , but by no means one that should be just expected.

Such games more than others highlight just how much they miss Miller. Lalime a solid goalie , perhaps he plays great tonight.

The Sabres will miss the playoffs starting with this game, but they'll win the last game of the season in a blow out, just to spite us.

Don't forget that Pommer and Hecht will each get a hat trick and six points to help pad their season stats (which they will already have started doing once we are numerically eliminated.) :thumbsup:

Yup, that is a whopping 20 points lost to those teams - a mere 25% of those points would have them sitting in a playoff spot right now. 25%! That's unacceptable.

Tonight, I'm concerned with just one important part of this. Against Ottawa, they are 1-3-1. That's seven points that they've given up against the Sens. Three of those points would have put them in 8th and six of those points would have put them in fifth. That's enough for one team.

Tonight, I'm concerned with just one important part of this. Against Ottawa, they are 1-3-1. That's seven points that they've given up against the Sens. Three of those points would have put them in 8th and six of those points would have put them in fifth. That's enough for one team.

Yeah, but what can you do? The Sens own us, period.

Truth be told, I'm much more disgusted with the points lost against the Isles and Atlanta.

I'd imagine the boys might see LQ or TG in the locker room tonight. It's the last game before you need to renew your season tickets for the discount or/if you buy playoff tickets. And btw LQ, if I buy playoff tickets to get the season discount, and we don't make it, do I still get the discount?

They win tonight and get a big boost or lose and feel the wrath of many a reporter and fan. We'll see....

Well, this will be my first prediction of the year because I just have that bad feeling on what's in that locker room

Sens 5

Buff 2

One of the 2 goals under 5 minutes left in the 3rd. Total collapse after this loss and are 6 points out of 8th when Miller comes back

Well, I'll just try my reverse psychology for myself and hopefully the sabres.

The sabres will lose tonight because of:

-errant passes

-lack of back-checking

-too many penalties

-not enough shots on goal

I'm sure there are plenty others but I think that sums it up for the most part.

Go Sens! (I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit)

That's as disturbing as the Pominville quote.

My expectations for this team have gone from low to none. I don't expect any more effort tonight than we have seen over the past couple of months.

Agreed.

I would normally listen to the game on XM, but I'm not even going to bother wasting my time. If they win, great. Chalk up two points. Otherwise, I'd rather be watching Merv Griffin, er, I mean, Darcy Regier reruns on the telly.

:bag:

Dog The Bounty Hunter, Survivorman and Mantracker... judge judy.... <_<

Agreed.

I would normally listen to the game on XM, but I'm not even going to bother wasting my time. If they win, great. Chalk up two points. Otherwise, I'd rather be watching Merv Griffin, er, I mean, Darcy Regier reruns on the telly.

:bag:

The Sabres will miss the playoffs starting with this game, but they'll win the last game of the season in a blow out, just to spite us.

Just like when they shut out Boston 3-0 at the end of last season (and it was Marlboro Man's only game of that season).

Might as well be watching Miroslav Satan back in the Sabres lineup :sick: .

Then I'm predicting that Peters get a Gordy Howe hatrick tonight.

I'm not sure if that's even worth watching. Peters getting a goal would be like watching Mike Danton (nee Jefferson) get out of prison right now.

Archived