GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

Ouch!

...In late January, during his final unhappy days as head coach of the Ottawa Senators, Craig Hartsburg ran over the reasons he thought his team was already too far behind to make the playoffs.

Toward the top of his list was toughness.

"You want to know why we do so well against the Sabres?" he asked. "They're probably the only team in the league softer than we are."

Post that in the locker room, and if you don't get a reaction, then you know you have a bunch of P$ssy's in the room.

Yup, Darcy certainly built us a true powerhouse here, and it's certainly good to know there's more of the same coming through Portland.

But size isn't everything.

Mental toughness and character is really what built this team.

/Sarcasm off

Would anyone shed a tear if the Sabres relocated to another town?

Ouch!

...In late January, during his final unhappy days as head coach of the Ottawa Senators, Craig Hartsburg ran over the reasons he thought his team was already too far behind to make the playoffs.

Toward the top of his list was toughness.

"You want to know why we do so well against the Sabres?" he asked. "They're probably the only team in the league softer than we are."

It never ceases to amaze me how Darcy still seems to think that the "new NHL" is still in vogue. Sorry, Darcy, but "new NHL" is like "new Coke": both have fizzled away.

Time to get the Hanson brothers in the lineup for some toughness...

Would anyone shed a tear if the Sabres relocated to another town?

OK, that's enough. Don't make me come over there and see how far up your ass I can shove that cannon. Your trip to the hospital will be one the ER staff will never stop talking about.

It never ceases to amaze me how Darcy still seems to think that the "new NHL" is still in vogue. Sorry, Darcy, but "new NHL" is like "new Coke": both have fizzled away.

Time to get the Hanson brothers in the lineup for some toughness...

The Hansons are in their mid-50s now and would still kick the crap outta most of this group of softies.

OK, that's enough. Don't make me come over there and see how far up your ass I can shove that cannon. Your trip to the hospital will be one the ER staff will never stop talking about.

You mean to tell me that you can't do your best Marv Levy impersonation? "Fired more times than a civil war cannon"?

Oooooooooh, I'm really scared now. Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......

Archived