GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

You guys really letting the Sabres off the hook for this atrocious, brain dead performance?

PA, I'm replying to what you're replying to (something about headhunting the refs), and I think I'm well on record with my feelings that conspiracy theories are bs, but I've gotta say that every Sabs-Sens game I've watched this year, whether home or away, the Sabs have been screwed by the refs. It's been BAD. I do think it's a coincidence; I don't think it's some sort of league mandate or conspiracy or anything, but wow, it's been BAD. Chop our guy down, fine. Breathe the wrong way across their guy's path, well, two minutes.

(And I'll bet I bitch about the refs no more than three or four times per season on this board--including games the Sabres aren't even in.)

Maybe you were looking at some other dude named Lindy, because the one I saw behind the Sabres bench looked like he could care less.......just like his players did.

You are right...he looked pretty resigned tonight. I think he cares, but he has just given up showing it. What good does it do? With the way that guy played the game, I think he so pissed after what he just watched..

I haven't read any previous posts. I just wasted 2.5 hours of my life watching our heartless team suck again. What a fooking joke. Embarrassing. Lazy. Stupid. Gutless and Wimpy. They played for 2 shifts at the start of the game. I hope you guys didn't sprain your vaginas today.

I'm sorry - did I read that right? I just got home from work, checked the box score and I see we were outshot 36-13? Seriously? WTF is this team doing? For crying out loud - how the hell can any of these guys look themselves in the mirror and not feel bad about stealing money from the franchise and fans? Cut them all. Every last one. Bring up the entire Portland roster and get some guys in here who give a #%^$#!.

God this team blows.

I feel bad for Telqvist. Way to piss away a phenomenal goal-tending performance.

This season can't end soon enough.

I agree. Tough break for him, he really played well. Unfortunately, we spent an entire period in the box and gave up 2 PP goals to a team that was 1 for 22 coming in to this game.

Horrible team performance. There are so many individuals on this team, and so few team players. Everyone wants to set up the perfect pass, or make the perfect puck drag. Noone wants to unload a shot at the net and hammer home some rebounds.

Oh yeah, and really great idea to dress Peters tonight. His 2:09 really helped our cause. MacArthur or Ellis obviously can't fill Andrew Peters' shoes. He didn't even try to lose a fight tonight. There was a time during the 2nd period that I thought I saw him pounding a filet o fish on the bench.

I haven't read any previous posts. I just wasted 2.5 hours of my life watching our heartless team suck again. What a fooking joke. Embarrassing. Lazy. Stupid. Gutless and Wimpy. They played for 2 shifts at the start of the game. I hope you guys didn't sprain your vaginas today.

Well, that's one way of addressing their total lack of toughness tonight (or any other night throughout the course of this completely pathetic season).

It could be worse...much worse

I hope no one goes to HSBC for the rest of this year. That is what the owner needs to see.

What about for monster truck rallies or Wiggles shows?

(YES, I'm pissed and trying to deflect through bad humor.)

what is the damage of cutting Tallinder at the end of the game? Seriously, what is the cap hit next year to just let him go now?

Until I read your second sentence, I thought you were talking about using a knife or something.

You guys really letting the Sabres off the hook for this atrocious, brain dead performance?

9 penalties during the first 50 minutes compared to the 4 penaltes, 2 in the last 10 minutes against the Sens is hardly saying the team is off the hook. I'm pissed about the game but more pissed about the refs. Any play buffalo made could have been called a penalty in the eyes of the refs tonight.

This teams needs to spend that few million they have left from the cap on refs apparently.

And when you're on the PK for 80% of a period, probably more, you shouldn't expect a team to be flying high in the third.

9 penalties during the first 50 minutes compared to the 4 penaltes, 2 in the last 10 minutes against the Sens is hardly saying the team is off the hook. I'm pissed about the game but more pissed about the refs. Any play buffalo made could have been called a penalty in the eyes of the refs tonight.

This teams needs to spend that few million they have left from the cap on refs apparently.

And when you're on the PK for 80% of a period, probably more, you shouldn't expect a team to be flying high in the third.

Where's it written the calls are supposed to be even?

Seriously, you are MORE pissed at the refs than the Sabres?!

So is there finally a consensus on this board that both Regier and Ruff need to be fired by the end of this season?

Do you really believe that this bunch of spoiled brats would actually play for another coach? The first time the new guy yelled at one of them, they retreat back to their support group and talk about how disappointing the last loss was.

Where's it written the calls are supposed to be even?

Seriously, you are MORE pissed at the refs than the Sabres?!

yes i am. cuz the sabres have played like sh1t since god knows how long ago so I'm used to it (being a Bills fan helps). But when I see plays that are obvious calls against any team we play, i can't be more pissed about the officiating than the sabres.

Calling it even, i know never happens, but close would be at least believable.

Well, I hadn't seen much of the ~5 games before this one. But having watched the game tonight, I understand why many of you here are so down on this team. And as I was watching it became clear that Ruff's future as coach may actually be in question.

Two particular plays that made me gag:

Tallinder's stupidass interference penalty (led to 2nd Sens goal I think)

and Moore's stupid cutesy pass on the PK 3-on-2, leaving a 2-on-1 for the Sens and the GWG by Alfredsson. You have to be smart enough to know that if a pass has achance of being broken up like that, you've got to get it deep or else it's an odd-man rush the other way!

Also, I think the Sabres were outplayed physically the entire game, especially in their offensive zone. They just couldn't seem to get any flow or cycling going down low along the boards, nor were they getting the physical presence to get any chances in front.

yes i am. cuz the sabres have played like sh1t since god knows how long ago so I'm used to it (being a Bills fan helps). But when I see plays that are obvious calls against any team we play, i can't be more pissed about the officiating than the sabres.

Calling it even, i know never happens, but close would be at least believable.

No replay of any Sabre penalty upset me. They were all legitimate penalties. Sure, the Sens might have gotten away with a couple, but there's no way this should have been an even power play game.

It almost seems like Kaleta vs. Rod the Bod opened the floodgates of mental diarrhea from the Sabres.

Archived