GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

live chat with Bucky on BN, found this interesting to post:

[Comment From Mike Harrington]

The Panthers just took the ice for their morning skate. They were sitting on their bench, most smiling, and waited as Richard Zednik was the first one to skate down the ice and went right into the corner doing a couple circles in the area where his injury took place. The rest of the team then followed him and practice has started.

Why exactly did the Sabres get Tellquivst if he will never play?

The same reason we brough Lalime in. He's only playing now because Miller is hurt. Could you even imagine him getting a snif of any games over the past two weeks with Millsy in healthy?

night-in-night-out effort. Not this "we'll show up some games but not others" crap. It would help if folks could bury chances as well. Anybody in the minors that can take on a Brad May or Rob Ray type of roll...not the rough stuff but the heart and sole stuff. Somebody who bleeds blue and gold.

I'll be following on line tonight.

The same reason we brough Lalime in. He's only playing now because Miller is hurt. Could you even imagine him getting a snif of any games over the past two weeks with Millsy in healthy?

Tellquivst > Lalime or at LEAST equal...why not give him a shot?

night-in-night-out effort. Not this "we'll show up some games but not others" crap. It would help if folks could bury chances as well. Anybody in the minors that can take on a Brad May or Rob Ray type of roll...not the rough stuff but the heart and sole stuff. Somebody who bleeds blue and gold.

I'll be following on line tonight.

The best we got are already up: Ellis, Kaleta, Mair

Tellquivst > Lalime or at LEAST equal...why not give him a shot?

I don't know, living in Toronto, I remember watching Tellquivst play enough games to doubt that Tellquivst is as good as Lalime. Certainly I don't believe that he's better. With that said, I wouldn't mind giving him a shot sometime soon.

Before any gets false hope for tonight's game, me and my 1-8 in person record will be in attendance tonight. :nana:

We'll see who's stronger: you or the third jerseys.

Your record: 1-8

Thirds' record: 9-2

Should be an interesting battle.

I'll be teaching tonight tonight, so at best, I will catch the end. Otherwise, I will be watching it on tape.

Maybe I can give these slouches the jolt they need. I haven't posted in a GDT in quite the long time. Here's to a win tonight and the start of the hottest streak of the year to launch the Sabres into the playoffs. How's that for optimism. I also had a dream last night that Moore scored his first goal as a Sabre. Let's see what this all means.

Go Sabres.

Before any gets false hope for tonight's game, me and my 1-8 in person record will be in attendance tonight. :nana:

That's what you think. Good luck getting past the army of bat-wielding toughs that we've posted at all arena entrances.

By the way, has anyone on the Buffalo Sabres training staff or any of the players heard of this little thing called a flu vaccine? It's pretty good stuff and prevents you from getting the flu.

influenza is something that involves getting a really dangerously bad upper respiratory infection. you can be vaccinated for that.

the "flu" that involves diarrhea and vomiting is caused by a variety of g.i. bugs, and there's no vaccine for it. i'm not sure how stomach bugs started getting called "the flu."

Does Zednik get a standing ovation tonight?

he damn well better.

Archived