GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

you are right, if he plays it in to his zone on purpose, but if it bounces off his skate it is still offsides.

Depends on the definition of playing the puck, he kicked it to keep it out of the zone which then sat on the blue line, if that counts as playing the puck then buffalo should have been onside.

NEVER QUESTION :worthy: RJ :worthy:

Depends on the definition of playing the puck, he kicked it to keep it out of the zone which then sat on the blue line, if that counts as playing the puck then buffalo should have been onside.

NEVER QUESTION :worthy: RJ :worthy:

sure, if he kicked it on purpose, but he had no idea it even bounced off him..

agree...to disagree!

man, i am ever an optimist, and i put this team dead to water after the last two stinkers vs OTT and PHI, but as a Buffalo fan, I just get this feeling this will somehow end on the last game of the year with the Sabres pulling our hearts out of our chest in falling one point short, or some other bizarre finish...

sure, if he kicked it on purpose, but he had no idea it even bounced off him..

agree...to disagree!

man, i am ever an optimist, and i put this team dead to water after the last two stinkers vs OTT and PHI, but as a Buffalo fan, I just get this feeling this will somehow end on the last game of the year with the Sabres pulling our hearts out of our chest in falling one point short, or some other bizarre finish...

Or it will be one of those things like what happened to i think it was Montreal, Toronto and NYI. Toronto had to beat Montreal to get in and they did. Then NYI had to win to knock out Toronto and they did.

It would be nice if we ended up being that 8th team but I would still rather be in the 5,6,7.

Don't get me wrong, I'll happily take 8th.

Good win. The Sabres did their part and Lalime played extremely well except for that soft goal in the first. Critical 5-on-3 kill by the Sabres that may have saved their season. Good to see Vanek get a huge PP goal and Paille looks to be back. Recently, he's been playing really well.

The Sabres did their part. Now the rest of the NHL has to work for the Sabres. Pittsburgh pushed Columbus to OT, which is bad. The Rangers up on Nashville 3-2 entering the third. Dallas gets a big lead for the Sabres right now with a goal from former Sabre Steve Begin to take the lead 2-1, but Carolina entering the PP. Still need some help and Columbus getting a win even though Pittsburgh gets a point would help and a big win from Nashville and Dallas would really help the Sabres right now.

sabres will end up in seventh place, never fear..... :) , glad to see some smiling faces tonight....

Or it will be one of those things like what happened to i think it was Montreal, Toronto and NYI. Toronto had to beat Montreal to get in and they did. Then NYI had to win to knock out Toronto and they did.

It would be nice if we ended up being that 8th team but I would still rather be in the 5,6,7.

Don't get me wrong, I'll happily take 8th.

I have never complained after a win..NEVER....but I just have to say that Pomminstein is a joke!! Tallinder is a little less of a joke and Harry Neale really bugs me

OK, sorry..love the win and I am just so happy to live another day. Thank you Lalime for playing ANOTHER consistent game!!!

I have never complained after a win..NEVER....but I just have to say that Pomminstein is a joke!! Tallinder is a little less of a joke and Harry Neale really bugs me

OK, sorry..love the win and I am just so happy to live another day. Thank you Lalime for playing ANOTHER consistent game!!!

I think Pommer's play has gotten to the point where we may have to bench him. I mean, this guy is clueless with the puck this season. I truly believe at the end of this season, we will find out Pomm has some sort of injury. He looks dreadful.

Game thoughts...

-Lalime with a very good game in a must win scenario against one of the teams they are chasing.

-Penalty kill was very good. I bash him a lot, but I read in the News earlier this week that the PK has been over 90% since Tallinder came back from his injury.

-Vanek with a big goal to put the game away. That is why they pay you the big bucks.

-Hecht and Pominville need to be tasered in an effort to get them back on track.

-I like Kaleta more than Mair and Gaustad combined. :thumbsup:

-It is a damn shame that Max fell apart the last couple of years. Even now, he is still a player that puts you on the edge of your seat when he gets the puck. IMO there haven't been many players in Sabres history who could do that.

-I want to see Atlanta get throttled on Saturday as they make their way back from a mini western swing against Colorado and Edmonton.

Go Sabres

Before any gets false hope for tonight's game, me and my 1-8 in person record will be in attendance tonight. :nana:

We'll see who's stronger: you or the third jerseys.

Your record: 1-8

Thirds' record: 9-2

Should be an interesting battle.

I'll be teaching tonight tonight, so at best, I will catch the end. Otherwise, I will be watching it on tape.

Thirds win! Now 10-2 on the season!

We'll see who's stronger: you or the third jerseys.

Your record: 1-8

Thirds' record: 9-2

Should be an interesting battle.

I'll be teaching tonight tonight, so at best, I will catch the end. Otherwise, I will be watching it on tape.

Thirds win! Now 10-2 on the season!

Just more support for the "burn the damn slugs in a dumpster behind the arena" movement.

Game thoughts...

-Lalime with a very good game in a must win scenario against one of the teams they are chasing.

-Penalty kill was very good. I bash him a lot, but I read in the News earlier this week that the PK has been over 90% since Tallinder came back from his injury.

-Vanek with a big goal to put the game away. That is why they pay you the big bucks.

-Hecht and Pominville need to be tasered in an effort to get them back on track.

-I like Kaleta more than Mair and Gaustad combined. :thumbsup:

-It is a damn shame that Max fell apart the last couple of years. Even now, he is still a player that puts you on the edge of your seat when he gets the puck. IMO there haven't been many players in Sabres history who could do that.

-I want to see Atlanta get throttled on Saturday as they make their way back from a mini western swing against Colorado and Edmonton.

Go Sabres

Makes you wonder why they're still playing on the same line. Split 'em up and see what happens already :censored:

Although the same could be said for Lydman and Tallinder.....

Just more support for the "burn the damn slugs in a dumpster behind the arena" movement.

Also known as Sabres Not Slugs! :thumbsup:

On a completely different note, why does Harry bother giving statistics? They're always wrong! He said that Repik's goal was his first NHL goal this season, possibly in his career. Then, it popped up on the screen that it was his second of the season. Next, he said that Vanek's goal was his first since returning, but Vanek scored against Ottawa two games ago. He's worthless. :thumbdown:

On a completely different note, why does Harry bother giving statistics? They're always wrong! He said that Repik's goal was his first NHL goal this season, possibly in his career. Then, it popped up on the screen that it was his second of the season. Next, he said that Vanek's goal was his first since returning, but Vanek scored against Ottawa two games ago. He's worthless. :thumbdown:

That, to me, is the sign of a guy who needs to ride off into retirement. Sounds like he either can't be bothered to read the game notes/stats beforehand or is unable to retain the information and recall it on demand anymore, so maybe it's time for someone to have a "courageous conversation" with him and tell him he probably shouldn't be in the booth any longer.

QFT!

He kills me.

Anyways this team will make it interesting down the strech then pull my heart out stomp on it and spit in my mouth. Albeit good win tonight against a tough team.

Volkun had an amazing save on Vanek early in the 2nd!

Archived