GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm

I have to work during the 1st period tonight... The sabres need to work during th e 3rd period. Coincidence? I think not!

Listen, our playoff chances are fading very quickly. However, we still control our own destiny against florida. Just win tonight in regulation and worry about everything else later. I think Lalime will play again, just to show him that Lindy still has confidence. I do hope Miller returns soon though!

Win it and you're back in it. Lose and you're pretty much done.

By the way, has anyone on the Buffalo Sabres training staff or any of the players heard of this little thing called a flu vaccine? It's pretty good stuff and prevents you from getting the flu. Obviously there are different strains of flu and whatnot and there may not be a vaccine for this strain, but this flu bug that is running rampant through the Sabres dressing room is really annoying me and seriously hurting the Sabres chances of putting a cohesive unit out there during any game. Seriously, get a flu shot, it's not that hard!

By the way, has anyone on the Buffalo Sabres training staff or any of the players heard of this little thing called a flu vaccine? It's pretty good stuff and prevents you from getting the flu. Obviously there are different strains of flu and whatnot and there may not be a vaccine for this strain, but this flu bug that is running rampant through the Sabres dressing room is really annoying me and seriously hurting the Sabres chances of putting a cohesive unit out there during any game. Seriously, get a flu shot, it's not that hard!

Speaking of the flu vaccine, historically, the Sabres have won on days that my daughter has thrown up. So I'm calling a victory today.

The damn flu shot doesn't work.

Hey look, 1K posts.....every one a pearl.

A regulation loss effectively eliminates the Sabres from possibly gaining 6th. They'll be 6 points behind with 14 left to play. A Sabre regulation loss and a Hurricane's win can pretty eliminate the Sabres from 7th. Putting the Sabres 7 points behind 6th and 6 points behind 7th.

The Sabres playoff hopes hinge on tonight. Anything less than a full effort and a win and the Sabres can start making vacation plans.

I just recovered from the flu in Georgia- the strain I had was running rampant and would not have been prevented by the flu vaccine....the vaccine is far from a panacea.

What can I say about tonight? Win it, especially in regulation, and there's still a chance; lose it, again especially in regulation, and that may just about do it for this season. The won't numerically hit "must win" for a little while, but for all intents and purposes this is as close as it gets at this point in the season. Play hard, dictate play and score ugly! 60 minutes! 60!!!!

Note: should the game go to OT, then of course that "60!!!" becomes a "65!!!" Should it go to a SO, it becomes ... well ... "65 + a SO!!!"

What can I say about tonight? Win it, especially in regulation, and there's still a chance; lose it, again especially in regulation, and that may just about do it for this season. The won't numerically hit "must win" for a little while, but for all intents and purposes this is as close as it gets at this point in the season. Play hard, dictate play and score ugly! 60 minutes! 60!!!!

Note: should the game go to OT, then of course that "60!!!" becomes a "65!!!" Should it go to a SO, it becomes ... well ... "65 + a SO!!!"

Score ugly? Thanks Lindy. That's worked so well to this point. Yup, I'm grumpy. Bitch nurse left the cap off my tube of Polident.

A regulation loss effectively eliminates the Sabres from possibly gaining 6th. They'll be 6 points behind with 14 left to play. A Sabre regulation loss and a Hurricane's win can pretty eliminate the Sabres from 7th. Putting the Sabres 7 points behind 6th and 6 points behind 7th.

The Sabres playoff hopes hinge on tonight. Anything less than a full effort and a win and the Sabres can start making vacation plans.

The Sabres playoff hopes hinged on Regier bringing in a competent Center or 2 and another defenseman south of 40 yrs old in August or September of 2008...

i'm REALLY hoping the show up tonight... after last friday's win, I bought tickets to saturday's game vs Atlanta and it will be my daughter's first game IN Buffalo... I'm hoping the crowd is into it and she can get the awesome atomsphere that can live in HSBC at times. We went to PuckDrop'08 and she loved it, I'm hoping they'll play well tonight, get the crowd into it and saturday and give her another thrill!!

LET'S GO BUFF-A-LO!

Score ugly? Thanks Lindy. That's worked so well to this point. Yup, I'm grumpy. Bitch nurse left the cap off my tube of Polident.

Actually, in the games where they've gone hard to the net and scored ugly goals, they have won (more often, anyway.) In the games where they haven't fought in front of the net and tried to score on fancy plays, they haven't done so well. I probably should have added "force the other team to score ugly" because we've given the opponent too many opportunities to score "pretty" goals over the last two games.

The Sabres playoff hopes hinged on Regier bringing in a competent Center or 2 and another defenseman south of 40 yrs old in August or September of 2008...

Really? You really had to go there? The playoffs probably would be a lock right now if he had done those things (and, yes, I was calling for them last summer and am also angry that they didn't do them), but since we can't go back to August or September, the poster's point stands.

Actually, in the games where they've gone hard to the net and scored ugly goals, they have won (more often, anyway.) In the games where they haven't fought in front of the net and tried to score on fancy plays, they haven't done so well.

Sounds like you are agreeing with me that Lindy's strategy, viewed over the totality of the season, has been a failure. Of course when it works, it works. But does it work often enough?

What if they try for 10 minutes and win?

Archived