[OT] Bills discussion

Corp000085

A few thoughts...

- That was a pitiful passing performance by Losman. If Edwards isn't ready to go next week, play Hamdan. I don't ever want to see Losman on the field as a Bill again.

- That play with 2 minutes to go was so wrong it is beyond comprehension.

-Whitner is seriously overrated by fans. His play is average at best.

- Mitchell is beginning to look like another FA signing that isn't going to turn into much. Good blitzer, not much else.

- 1-7 over the last 8 weeks....UNBELIEVABLE!

- Didn't it look like Ko Simpson was close enough to tackle Washington at one point on his TD run?

If there aren't serious changes in next year's coaching staff and/or front office, then I think my DirecTV bill will be a lot lighter come next August-December. I'd rather pay 1/2 the money for the ESPN Gameplan and/or Sports Tier than pay the $250 for Sunday Ticket. I live just outside Cleveland, I can watch crappy football every Sunday for free.

If there aren't serious changes in next year's coaching staff and/or front office, then I think my DirecTV bill will be a lot lighter come next August-December. I'd rather pay 1/2 the money for the ESPN Gameplan and/or Sports Tier than pay the $250 for Sunday Ticket. I live just outside Cleveland, I can watch crappy football every Sunday for free.

Make sure you opt out around June otherwise they will automatically sign you up for it again.

trust me. 1 1/2 hours of bitching it took to finally get it taken off my bill.

Make sure you opt out around June otherwise they will automatically sign you up for it again.

trust me. 1 1/2 hours of bitching it took to finally get it taken off my bill.

Thanks for the tip. I know we had to opt out early for the Center Ice auto-renewal and still had issues with that.

I'm still trying to figure out how they thought that was the right call. The only thing I can think is that they wanted JP to fail. Yeah, I'm sure that wasn't the case, but really, what else makes sense?

According to another thread on TSW, Jauron said that the play-action rollout play was designed to be thrown to the fullback. You read that right, the fullback who had two catches for -1 yard on the season.

- Mitchell is beginning to look like another FA signing that isn't going to turn into much. Good blitzer, not much else.

Blitz, what's that?

Since wolfy has mentioned TSW once or twice, I'll mention that I have tried to read some of that today, but my god it's horrible. I know it sucks being a fan of this team right now, but there are some miserable human beings over there.

As I sat pondering the worst QBs in Bills history, I found myself unable to decide whether JP is worse than Bruce Mathison, who led us to 2 consecutive 2-14 seasons. I'm open for input on this one.

Also open on whether Jauron is a worse coach than Hank Bullough, Gregg Williams and/or Mike Mularkey. Right now I'm leaning towards better than Bullough and Greggo but worse than Mularkey.

This might be one of those problems without a solution, boys.

That doesn't mean the Bills have to keep him. Buffalo started out 4 and 0. If Jauron could've had them play .500 football for the rest of the season, they'd be in the running for a playoff spot. I know their start is some what deceiving, but Buffalo has been playing .500 for a number of seasons. They should be competing for a playoff spot, but Jauron messed it up.

A few thoughts...

- That was a pitiful passing performance by Losman. If Edwards isn't ready to go next week, play Hamdan. I don't ever want to see Losman on the field as a Bill again.

- That play with 2 minutes to go was so wrong it is beyond comprehension.

-Whitner is seriously overrated by fans. His play is average at best.

- 1-7 over the last 8 weeks....UNBELIEVABLE!

- Didn't it look like Ko Simpson was close enough to tackle Washington at one point on his TD run?

This may be blasphemy, but in hindsight I think Marv f-ed the 2006 draft up almost as badly as Donahoe did in previous years. I totally agree that Whitner is merely OK...definitely not #8 overall draft pick (and as a safety, you better be lights out good to be picked that high). McCargo obviously was a bust, Ko Simpson looks slow and bad at tackling; which leaves Kyle Williams who I suppose is OK (I never see the awesome play that I am always reading about with him), and probably the best one out of the bunch Brad Butler.

As long as I am on this topic, does anyone else think Marv might be overated and somewhat of a fraud? After reading his book, the guy was an average coach at almost all his stops before Buffalo. But what got me was anytime his team was 4-8 or something, he always came up with an excuse or someone else to blame it on rather than looking in the mirror. I guess you need some of that to survive that profession, but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way. Of course no denying his success in Buffalo, so I guess I should just leave it alone. I am just pissed that here we are AGAIN needing to tear it up and start over again with this team.

The big problem, the white elephant in the room, isn't the players, the coach or GM.

It's the owner.

Ralph, retire, sell the team to someone who's with it because at this point, you're

not only incompetent but you're incoherent.

Witness this Abbott and Costello-like exchange between Ralph and Jerry Sullivan:

Youve scored three points two weeks in a row. Its a long way from 5-1.

At 5-1, we got a lot of turnovers, he said. But we just dont have the talent.

What about the head coach, Ralph?

What about him? He cant kick field goals or tackle during a game. Lets see, what else is there? Block. Tackle.

Why wont you clear up the confusion about Jaurons contract extension?

Ah, Im sick and tired of this contract extension, Wilson replied.

Well, I asked, does he have an extension or doesnt he? Is it signed?

No,? Wilson said, Im not going to talk about that.

No, youre not going to talk about it, or no, he doesnt have one?

Ah, now youre sounding like a federal court prosecutor, Wilson said.

So youre not saying whether he has an extension or not?

No.? It would be nice to know. Dick Jauron is not very popular right now.

Neither am I,Wilson said, chortling again. Well go out together.???

Seriously, why not clear it up?

Well clear it up one of these days. OK?

After yesterdays yet another melt down loss that I actually got to see on TV here I may finally be giving up on these Bills. They have left me speechless for too many years running, The 4 wasted super bowls, the Titans Miracle and on and on.....

I know some of you may take exception too and flame me for this but after living in PGH for the last 15 years and watching the Steeler organization get it done year after year with exception of a hickup season here and there I like and respect how they do it. Solid physical football week in and out with defense first, they build it off their linebackers that they always seem to have great ones, solid coaching and a commitment to running the football and oh yeah they know how to play a close game and don't fold in the end. Being that I like football at it's purest how could I not like the way the Steelers play vs. these Bumbling Bills. I'm just tired of looking foolish rooting for that team.

Flame away....

Go Steelers....

After yesterdays yet another melt down loss that I actually got to see on TV here I may finally be giving up on these Bills. They have left me speechless for too many years running, The 4 wasted super bowls, the Titans Miracle and on and on.....

I know some of you may take exception too and flame me for this but after living in PGH for the last 15 years and watching the Steeler organization get it done year after year with exception of a hickup season here and there I like and respect how they do it. Solid physical football week in and out with defense first, they build it off their linebackers that they always seem to have great ones, solid coaching and a commitment to running the football and oh yeah they know how to play a close game and don't fold in the end. Being that I like football at it's purest how could I not like the way the Steelers play vs. these Bumbling Bills. I'm just tired of looking foolish rooting for that team.

Flame away....

Go Steelers....

I have no problem w/ what you said. Everyone has the right to switch a team they want to support. I'll never be able to pull for another team, though. I have high hopes each season the Bills will at least make the playoffs, but it hasn't happend since the Music City Miracle. If and when the Bills leave Buffalo, I don't think I could ever have the feelings I have for the Bills for another team. I, too, would give a Pitt a try, but I seriously do not think I'd be excited when they win and ticked off when they lose.

To be honest, my suport for the NFL will most likely be gone. Maybe UB could turn into a good program. They'd have to get out of the MAC, though, if they want to have a decent team. The Big East would be perfect for them. That is a hope that will probably never come true, but you never know...

Could any of you end up liking college football more than the NFL? I'm sure a playoff system would increase people's interest. I hate the BCS.

I haven't been paying very much attention for a while now, so I have no clue on the answer to this one. With these comments about Whitner, is it possible that the shoulder is really bothering him? I'm sure the fact that there are only maybe 2 CB's left on this team can't help his game either.

Flame away....

Go Steelers....

After living for the last 12 years in the Boston area, watching the Pats* usually beat up on those same tough Steeler teams, as well as our Bills, I can see no plausible excuse for abandoning your hometown team.

Ralph only has a few years left in him, and I will either stop caring about the NFL or there will be new ownership that can only be an improvement over Wilson's embarrassment.

The one thing I will never do is become a fan of an NFL team that isn't in WNY.

After living for the last 12 years in the Boston area, watching the Pats* usually beat up on those same tough Steeler teams, as well as our Bills, I can see no plausible excuse for abandoning your hometown team.

Ralph only has a few years left in him, and I will either stop caring about the NFL or there will be new ownership that can only be an improvement over Wilson's embarrassment.

The one thing I will never do is become a fan of an NFL team that isn't in WNY.

Living in Boston, you've definitely seen your fair share of people abandoning their home team, right?

I have no problem w/ what you said. Everyone has the right to switch a team they want to support. I'll never be able to pull for another team, though. I have high hopes each season the Bills will at least make the playoffs, but it hasn't happend since the Music City Miracle. If and when the Bills leave Buffalo, I don't think I could ever have the feelings I have for the Bills for another team. I, too, would give a Pitt a try, but I seriously do not think I'd be excited when they win and ticked off when they lose. To be honest, my suport for the NFL will most likely be gone. Maybe UB could turn into a good program. They'd have to get out of the MAC, though, if they want to have a decent team. The Big East would be perfect for them. That is a hope that will probably never come true, but you never know...

Could any of you end up liking college football more than the NFL? I'm sure a playoff system would increase people's interest. I hate the BCS.

Yes that is absolutely true but what I do like about it. I can watch a game and win or lose I am not swearing at the TV and pissed off/crabby the next day when they lose and that actually seems to be a good thing. I also do not know about just giving up on the sport all together although I do find I like college ball more and have been following my old alma mater's UB bulls.

I will say this though if they keep Jauron for three more years I am definitely tuning them out and trying to stay emotional detached as best as I can ... :unsure:

If/when the Bills leave, I don't think I can emotionally attach myself to another team. Having come from Buffalo to Rochester, you have the connection of not only being close to your team emotionally but also physically (sp?) in that they are only an hour or so away.

I admit, this is very aggrevating watching this team lose the way it has for the last few years +, but, when I was first going to games, it was before Kelly was here. I sat through the 2-14 years; the 4-12 years, where they weren't even competitive. For what it's worth, these guys are in most of their games. It is obvious that Jauron is here for another 3 years, maybe they can hire a decent offensive coordinator. Schonert flat out sucks (yes, I realise Jauron called the bone-head play from yesterday). With a few tweaks here and there, I think they are close. They just need to know how to pull it together. Having said all that, yes, no matter how bad these guys get, I could never, ever root for another team, the way I root for the Bills.

I'm a Bills fan for life. I always tell people that it isn't something you choose, you are born into it. If it was elective, you would certainly pick another team.

I'll approach next year with the same enthusiasm I approach every season with. If they move, I'll still follow them. I could never root for another team with the intensity I root for my home team..

The difference between winning and losing is slim. A few break one way or the other and the season could be different.

Watching the Bills hand the game away yesterday was almost comical. JP should be done in Buffalo.

The entire season changed on a single play in Arizona. The team hasn't been right since it happened.

Archived