[OT] Bills discussion

Corp000085

Jauron was asked to respond to Brandon's comment about the team's play in Toronto being unacceptable and as he so often does, he spoke freely, but said very little of substance.

"It's where we are and we're disappointed about it," said Jauron. "You're talking about a couple of things. Do we accept the performance? No, we're very disappointed in it. Is it unacceptable? How do you not accept it if you've done it? So that's where we are and we've got to live with it. That's our record and we've got to take it and go on and improve and that's what we're trying to do."

Do you think he talks like that just to screw with everyone? I wonder if he talks to the players like that. No wonder they are always confused and play without any emotion. :bag:

He's such a nimrod. "how do you not accept it if you've done it"??? Very easy #%^$#! for brains. If someone makes you a hamburger and it's burnt to hell and you don't want it, well then you don't accept it, right? It's already done, but it don't mean you have to eat it. You find someone capable of making an acceptable hamburger. I sure don't accept the way they have been playing and I don't think anyone else does either.

I can hear it now.

Russ - Uh, Dick can I see you in my office please?

Dick - Yes sir Mr. Brandon.

Russ - Dick, you're fired!

Dick - But that's unacceptable Mr. Brandon.

Russ - It's already been done Dick, accept it and get the #%^$#! out of my office!!! Oh yeah, you've been replaced by the midget.

This must also be why they are always burning timeouts, no one can understand wtf dick is trying to tell them from the sidelines with his freaking Yale dialogue.

I saw a window sticker today on a guy's car that looked like the outline of a football jersey with "EDWARDS" and "5" on it. It was just white, and about 5 inches wide. I wanna know where he got it, it was pretty cool.

Anyone have any ideas?

Mike

Don't tell me..now you are going to post something on where you found it. Nice marketing ploy....Same exact thing as the Bills message Board....

Haha honestly. Those stickers #%^$#!ing suck and look stupid as hell too.

As I mentioned in this identical thread on the Stadium Wall - I find it hard to trust a site that is going to print a decal for me when they misspell things on their own front page:

Show support for your favorite athelete with our premium sports-themed jersey stickers!

You've got to be kidding me with this team. Jauron and co. should have been left off the team flight back to Buffalo.

I'm still trying to figure out how they thought that was the right call. The only thing I can think is that they wanted JP to fail. Yeah, I'm sure that wasn't the case, but really, what else makes sense?

I'm still trying to figure out how they thought that was the right call. The only thing I can think is that they wanted JP to fail. Yeah, I'm sure that wasn't the case, but really, what else makes sense?

This whole season, I have gotten the impression that Jauron says to himself "what would they expect me to do here?" and, then, he does opposite. There are two problems with this: (1) if you always do the opposite, it's just as easy to predict; and (2) sometimes the opposite is the opposite for a reason. For example, a couple weeks back with Lynch was running so well, he went to the air almost exclusively. That's not tricky; that's stupid. Putting the ball in JP's hand today was not tricky; it, too, was stupid.

Hmmm...give the ball to your franchise RB who was at 21-127 for the game, or put the game in the hands of your fumble-prone, refuses-to-give-up-on-a-play backup QB. What to do, what to do....

Anywho...Tim Graham's blog draws a parallel between Jauron's puzzling playcall and what happened to Joe Pisarcik 30 years ago (also in the Meadowlands):

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Thirty years ago on this site, New York Giants coach John McVay signed off on a play that ended his coaching career.

Buffalo Bills coach Dick Jauron might suffer a similar fate with an excruciating 31-27 loss Sunday at the Meadowlands on a call that had the New York Jets laughing in their locker room.

-snip-

The play was reminiscent of Joe Pisarcik's infamous Nov. 19, 1978 fumble in the waning seconds of what should have been a guaranteed Giants victory in the Meadowlands. Philadelphia Eagles defensive back Herm Edwards scooped the ball and ran it in for a touchdown. McVay finished the season and never coached again.

We can only hope.

LINK

(I posted this on TSW, but I know there are a lot of posters who don't venture over there.)

This whole season, I have gotten the impression that Jauron says to himself "what would they expect me to do here?" and, then, he does opposite. There are two problems with this: (1) if you always do the opposite, it's just as easy to predict; and (2) sometimes the opposite is the opposite for a reason. For example, a couple weeks back with Lynch was running so well, he went to the air almost exclusively. That's not tricky; that's stupid. Putting the ball in JP's hand today was not tricky; it, too, was stupid.

That's been one of my complaints all year. They try to outsmart the opposition at the weirdest times and in the weirdest situations. Lynch should always be the RB inside the 5, not Jackson. Our DE's should never be asked to cover an opposing RB.

Jauron's game management is absolutely awful.

Archived