Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Just avoid Toronto Pearson airport at all costs if you ever have the option. What a show.

I saw them bodily push an elderly sikh and his wife and scream at him through customs. Poor guy had no idea what he was doing/didn't speak english or french. They grabbed me by the arm and dragged me at one point. No one had any idea what to do/where to go and no employee was willing to help.

Passengers were screaming at employees, who were screaming back. People were crying and just sitting in the middle of the walkways going "I don't know what to do." On my way to Vancouver, I had to claim my bag and recheck it upon arrival at Toronto. Cool. Assumed it's the same the way back. Can't find bag. No one will give me a straight answer as to whether it's checked through to Rochester or I have to get it myself. 

After a 4 hour flight of nonstop turbulence across the stormy Canadian plains (the same storms that produced that 3 hour long twister in Manitoba) with a SCREAMING 5 year old hellion who never shut up the whole time, an who hit the flight attendant button every 5 seconds for 30 minutes straight and being awake for 26 hours, I sank to my knees and wept. In an airport. 

Just don't go. It all worked out, but I have never experienced a place as poorly organized and hostile, and I have traveled quite a bit. I'm still jet lagged as . 

Oh yeah, I also have to pay a buttload because of my rental car getting dented in stupid vancouver traffic. Yayyyy. 

Too hot.

Jerkweeds at work who somehow find a way to get "injured" every other year and miss 2+ months of work while we pick up the slack and can't take vacations in the summer. Then they come back and still have all their vacation days to use.

My kid is still crazy, which on it's own is enough. Then throw in the fact that she has a pyogenic granuloma on her eye, which is benign, but looks like she has a piece of roast beef hanging out of her eye and can't feel good. Then she got some virus that caused her to have a seizure (at least those are down to only one a year, yay), which then caused her to break out in a full body rash which we had to monitor really closely because in her case, with her medications, could become life threatening.

Did I mention it's too hot?

I really hate summer.

Yikes.  I hope at least the virus / rash resolves itself quickly and without further issue.

Here's my weekly roundup:

1) Still unemployed until 8/10, and that's only if HR finishes processing their multitude of clearances in time.  I have to go to Baltimore both tomorrow morning and again next Monday.  God, I hope this is all worth it 6 months from now.

2) They're normally my carrier of choice, but lately the USPS is pissing me off.  I thought I was doing a smart thing when I set up a PO box at my local post office so my mail wouldn't accumulate at the house while I was away during the week, except since the job has yet to start it's just been an extra pain in my ass to get my mail for the last month.  Plus they don't tell you that they'll start charging you extra postage to get any packages that end up being forwarded because their idiotic system requires that any forwarded mail has to be sent to their office in Philadelphia before processing and being sent back to where it already was for me.  I had to pay $9 today to pick up a package my brother sent via Amazon Prime that was in my area last Fri or Sat. and only made it to me late Tuesday.  Blargh.

3) More idiotic HR people, but this time at my old job.  Before I left I asked what I needed to do to make my last day official, and was told to email both our departmental and university HR reps once my online attendance had been completed.  I did that on 6/30, knowing my vacation payout wouldn't be processed until payroll ran at the end of July.  I checked the online system on Monday, and it's showing that I've signed a new 1 year appointment starting 7/1/15, which is clearly incorrect, so I emailed both of them again (copying the original message from June) to check on things.  On Tues. morning I checked the payroll system and it had a paycheck listed for this Friday, but it included insurance premiums, retirement contributions, etc. and I would have thought my coverage ended 6/30.  Each HR person replied separately, essentially deflecting responsibility to the other one, telling me that I hadn't been properly terminated in the system, they were going to delete the paycheck showing for this Friday, and that I would be paid my vacation at the end of August.  WTF, people???  How hard is your GD job, and why should I have to wait an extra 4 1/2 weeks to be paid because of their gross incompetence???  And if my unemployment claim gets denied because my previous employer didn't bother to terminate me properly I am going to raise hell.

4) I really liked my realtor when I first met with him, but now he is pissing me off.  My house has now been on the market for just over 2 weeks with zero showings, and last Sat. I asked him if we should go ahead and drop the price and he wanted me to wait until tomorrow.  On Tues. morning I told him I wanted to go ahead and drop the price, and he got the paperwork filed and done.  Yesterday he emailed me to say he'd done a search on similar homes in my neighborhood that were active, pending, or sold, and told me that the site indicated there's a buyers market with 8 months of inventory and we should price 10% below market to sell.  WTF, dude?!  Why didn't you look at this kind of thing BEFORE listing my house for sale?  Whyinthehell am I paying a realtor if he's not going to bother looking at this kind of information and include it in the plan to sell?  I tore into him yesterday.  So angry.  

Edited by biodork

The one single issue of a magazine that I would keep above all others, the issue with Eichel in the Sabres jersey at the draft on the cover, came in today. If I had to pick one magazine I've kept over the years and burn the rest, I would keep this one. And here's how it came in the mail today. 

11824101_538703156279577_1782549234_n.jp

:censored:  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:

I just got word that another of our horses died. Mack was 33 and healthy, just old age got him. I've lost two of my favorite residents in 2 weeks now. I knew Mack was going to go at some point, but I wish I could've said goodbye. He was at a foster farm for the summer- I was one of the last people to see him. I was amazed he made it through the winter. 

What an awful couple weeks for the rescue. One of the other volunteers says he's up there with Deacon and now I'm just sobbing at work. At least this was a peaceful ending. 

I just got word that another of our horses died. Mack was 33 and healthy, just old age got him. I've lost two of my favorite residents in 2 weeks now. I knew Mack was going to go at some point, but I wish I could've said goodbye. He was at a foster farm for the summer- I was one of the last people to see him. I was amazed he made it through the winter. 

What an awful couple weeks for the rescue. One of the other volunteers says he's up there with Deacon and now I'm just sobbing at work. At least this was a peaceful ending. 

:cry:

The one single issue of a magazine that I would keep above all others, the issue with Eichel in the Sabres jersey at the draft on the cover, came in today. If I had to pick one magazine I've kept over the years and burn the rest, I would keep this one. And here's how it came in the mail today.

:censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Pretty sure that the Post Office has to make that right for you. I'd look into it if you're that upset.

Totally stopped on the Thruway for over 30 minutes now. Thruway website says there is an accident blocking all lanes 6 miles ahead of me. Gonna be awhile.

Thruway was clear around 4:30pm. :p

(But Westbound at the toll barrier was moving very slow.)

Thruway was clear around 4:30pm. :P

(But Westbound at the toll barrier was moving very slow.)

Tractor trailer rollover just before the Leroy exit westbound.  I saw Mercy Flight overhead.  Drivers side of the cab was basically gone.  Looked bad.  My day wasn't nearly so bad.

Tractor trailer rollover just before the Leroy exit westbound. I saw Mercy Flight overhead. Drivers side of the cab was basically gone. Looked bad. My day wasn't nearly so bad.

That sucks. Accident must've happened w/in an hour of you getting there, 'cause it wasn't there at 4:31.

Edited by Taro T

:censored:  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:

That sucks 

My dishwasher's broken.  I need a girlfriend.

Just kidding.

But my dishwasher's still broken.

This post made me think of this song... 

Fresh out of paper plates

Guess I'll do the dishes

Instead of washing off

Only one plate at a time

Big evening up ahead

Wide array of choices

Bladerunner, robocop,

Or the bride of frankenstein

:censored:   :censored:   :censored:   :censored:   :censored:

Ah, that's too bad.  I picked up a copy of the draft preview, the one with EIchel in the Sabres jersey on the cover (there were two covers of that volume, Conner McLovin was on the other version).  I carefully preserved that cover before I jammed the rest of it into my back pocket for reading at the draft.  Trying to figure out what I should do with it.

Edited by Munchma Quchi

Do you or does anyone else know how I can go about doing that? I could use google but maybe someone here has had similar experiences

I'd take it right to the post office tomorrow. Be NICE! Always be nice at the post office and DMV. Then just ask them if there is anything they can do.

There's this too

https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm

No complaints so far today?  OK, I have one...  I was driving home from work the other day on Fuhrmann Boulevard.  I wondered why the two cars in front of me were going so slow.  I finally saw that two bicyclists were riding on the street (and this is the very narrow portion of the road without the parking spots along the side).  The cars were going slowly as there was not enough room to safely pass the bicycles. There is a bike path about ten feet away from the road, which is 1) away from traffic; 2) nice and safe and 3) cost a bunch of money to construct.  Please tell me why these bicyclists felt the need to purposely ride in traffic and hold up a number of cars (not to mention risking their own safety) when a safe alternative lay just a few feet away?  Harrumph!

Bicyclists piss me off so much when they do that, happens all the time in my town.

My complaint: If there is 2 car lengths between you and the car ahead of you when we approach a stop, for the love of God don't make 4 complete stops and inch up to his ass before you decide that's enough; especially when we're coming from the highway, and you begin your 4 stops 80 feet from the car in front of you 

No complaints so far today?  OK, I have one...  I was driving home from work the other day on Fuhrmann Boulevard.  I wondered why the two cars in front of me were going so slow.  I finally saw that two bicyclists were riding on the street (and this is the very narrow portion of the road without the parking spots along the side).  The cars were going slowly as there was not enough room to safely pass the bicycles. There is a bike path about ten feet away from the road, which is 1) away from traffic; 2) nice and safe and 3) cost a bunch of money to construct.  Please tell me why these bicyclists felt the need to purposely ride in traffic and hold up a number of cars (not to mention risking their own safety) when a safe alternative lay just a few feet away?  Harrumph!

The only defense would be if the walking/biking trail is full of walkers. I know first hand a trail can be really annoying as people will spread out and take up the entire trail and don't pay attention to bells or anything short of yelling. And those are the ones not wearing headphones.

I'm currently in the process of getting fitted for a new contact lense.  I have a condition that forces me to wear hard lenses so there's a bit of a process there.  Each time, I go in for an appointment and then 2 weeks or so later the lense is delivered, hoping it fits well.  That's not working out so well right now.  I then have to wait another week for an appointment where they tweak the lense slightly, followed by another 2 week wait for delivery.  Wash rinse and repeat over and over.  I'm on my third iteration now and I'm not quite sure they know what they're doing.

The only defense would be if the walking/biking trail is full of walkers. I know first hand a trail can be really annoying as people will spread out and take up the entire trail and don't pay attention to bells or anything short of yelling. And those are the ones not wearing headphones.

Yes, I can certainly see that - but there were no pedestrians on the bike path.  Oh, well...

I had something like that the other day when I was driving down a fairly rural, very narrow road outside of my neighborhood.  This idiot kid was walking in the middle of the street not paying attention.  I was right behind him and give him a light double tap of the horn and he didn't react at all.  Turns out he was wearing headphones.  Even if he's blasting those things, I have no idea how he couldn't hear a horn behind him.