Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I need to travel for work. Sort of unannounced. Kinda knew it was coming. I'm getting no help in arranging the trip. The company I'm heading to, the car rental place, my superiors at work. Nothing..

...and my wife is furious.

Edited by inkman

I'm all out of Pokeballs

Dammit. Deleted my original post when i tried to edit it.

Walking at lunchtime, I was texting my wife and got self conscious about people thinking I was playing Pokemon so I put my phone away.

Edited by We've

I got a call at work for a woman who couldn't figure out why her screen was blank on her monitor.  Low and behold, the monitor wasn't turned on.  15 minutes to discover something so rudimentary.  FFS!

tumblr_mtud5kX2T71r7fahjo1_250.gif

Oh wow, what a typo. turinging. unless.... it's a bad alan turing joke. 

This job search stuff is killing me. Finally got one bite... responded... nothing. I'm impatient and terrified. Had a bloody panic attack this morning and was halfway to work. Convinced myself I'd left the door unlocked. Drove all the way back home. Everything was fine, of course. Then sat in the parking lot crying for a half hour. 

Good lord, someone just shoot me and end it. 

Edited by Josie914

tumblr_mtud5kX2T71r7fahjo1_250.gif

Oh wow, what a typo. turinging. unless.... it's a bad alan turing joke.

This job search stuff is killing me. Finally got one bite... responded... nothing. I'm impatient and terrified. Had a bloody panic attack this morning and was halfway to work. Convinced myself I'd left the door unlocked. Drove all the way back home. Everything was fine, of course. Then sat in the parking lot crying for a half hour.

Good lord, someone just shoot me and end it.Job searches suck, ego reduction excercise... have you find one and mean network like crazy and check you local unemployement office, also put resume up on linked in profile, and check out indeed.com

Job searches suck effort in surviving ego reduction ... that being said youll find a good fit, put resume up on linkedin and check out indeed.com. Also go to local un employment office, great resources there. Network like crazy. Edited by North Buffalo

Great... And now we are going to have to outlaw semi trucks driving in city centers.

Every third day, there's a mass death reported on the news.  SO so sick of it.

Not sure what you are talking about, but I guess now there is even less reason to turn my TV on tonight.

Yeah.  Save your energy for tomorrow's show; I'm sure there's going to be some red for your host to explain.

Luckily, I don't have to work until next Thursday. Unfortunately, though, I get to take my kid to get an MRI tomorrow and she doesn't take kindly to anesthesia. I get to restrain her for about a half an hour to an hour while she comes out of it. Gonna be sore on Saturday.

I won't be watching TV, unless you count Elmo.

Luckily, I don't have to work until next Thursday. Unfortunately, though, I get to take my kid to get an MRI tomorrow and she doesn't take kindly to anesthesia. I get to restrain her for about a half an hour to an hour while she comes out of it. Gonna be sore on Saturday.

I won't be watching TV, unless you count Elmo.

Oh, I'm so sorry.  I really hope she gets through it ok.  And you too.  And I hope they find nothing.

Oh, I'm so sorry.  I really hope she gets through it ok.  And you too.  And I hope they find nothing.

Thanks. Just a routine check up. They won't find anything. We couldn't be so lucky. We have binders and binders filled with reports telling us that she has nothing. :lol:

I find myself really hoping that this Pokeman thing is just AI's first salvo against humanity, and it starts causing people to step in front of buses or off cliffs.

THIS.  I tried to do my normal walk around the park this evening since it was finally under 90 degrees, and kept running into clumps of idiots meandering about, staring at their phones.

Dammit. Deleted my original post when i tried to edit it.

Walking at lunchtime, I was texting my wife and got self conscious about people thinking I was playing Pokemon so I put my phone away.

:lol:  I did the same this evening!

My computer at work has apparently decided that the Aud Club (but not SabreSpace) should be blocked from their network, making it difficult to keep up on the threads here.  Boo.

Maybe I'll change my tune on this in a week when I get my first iPaphone, but I think almost every website looks like dogchit lately. They have all changed to this overly simplistic milquetoast boring garbage. You have to scroll down to see any kind of information, if there even is any. No creativity.

I already quit on TV. Maybe it's time to quit the internees as well.

Maybe I'll change my tune on this in a week when I get my first iPaphone, but I think almost every website looks like dogchit lately. They have all changed to this overly simplistic milquetoast boring garbage. You have to scroll down to see any kind of information, if there even is any. No creativity.

I already quit on TV. Maybe it's time to quit the internees as well.

aaaand that is why every web design/ad company I ask for a job tells me I'm too creative to work there. 

Barf. 

Just had two more former students ask me to do independent studies with them next semester.

I'm not teaching next semester, because I figured I'd have a job and have moved and such. Nope. My heart is broken. If only I could've just made it by teaching two classes. I feel like I'm doing the wrong thing again.