Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I'm cooped up on vacation taking care of a sick granddaughter and I'm bored out of my mind watching paw patrol and bubble guppies. I've also posted more today than I probably have in years. Coincidence?

If you have Netflix fire up the Blu-Ray and search for Disney animation classics. Netflix has like 5 volumes on the streaming side and if you pick the first episode of volume 1 I believe it will keep playing straight through the whole collection depending on how you have your settings set up. I found them to be way less annoying for adults while kids still love them, plus if you find yourself watching it can be a trip down memory lane (Mickey and the Beanstalk, Lambert the Lion, 3 little pigs, tortoise and the hare, etc.).

What, no complaints today? That's my complaint.

Don't get me started....then again, I just hit the board for the first time now.

My company likes to "refine" (not re-org) every three months. Just when we think we've got the structure down pat, our CTO comes up with new changes.

On the plus side, I think I'm getting a new supervisor that's not the nitpicking, micro-managing one I have now.

My last post in this thread was over 6 years ago, about missing my brother's birthday.  On an unfortunate, related note, my brother, the kindest, most unconditionally generous and caring person I've ever known, passed away yesterday at 31.  Life is infuriatingly and depressingly unfair at times.

Just opened this thread for the first time in a month to see this.  So sorry.

My last post in this thread was over 6 years ago, about missing my brother's birthday.  On an unfortunate, related note, my brother, the kindest, most unconditionally generous and caring person I've ever known, passed away yesterday at 31.  Life is infuriatingly and depressingly unfair at times.

hugs, all the hugs.

I found out earlier this week that a good friend from high school, with whom I'd lost touch many years ago, died suddenly of a heart attack last week.  Taken at age 48, leaving his wife and 3 kids.

I haven't seen or spoken with him in 20+ years, but I still feel a sense of loss.

I found out earlier this week that a good friend from high school, with whom I'd lost touch many years ago, died suddenly of a heart attack last week.  Taken at age 48, leaving his wife and 3 kids.

I haven't seen or spoken with him in 20+ years, but I still feel a sense of loss.

It's probably the fact that he was only 48 and you can picture yourself and your family in that kind of situation.

I'm the same way and, therefore, I am reluctant to try to re-establish contact with high school / college friends, even though every now and then my wife encourages me to do so.

I miss my girl and I freaking hate it.

Gone or broken up?

As an aside, I have the opportunity for a paid internship for a company I very much want to work for, and a friend who works there that can recommend me. The only problem is, I'm graduating, so I'm not sure an internship is appropriate. His internship there got him a full time position with that company.

So, should I apply for the internship? 

Gone or broken up?

As an aside, I have the opportunity for a paid internship for a company I very much want to work for, and a friend who works there that can recommend me. The only problem is, I'm graduating, so I'm not sure an internship is appropriate. His internship there got him a full time position with that company.

Do it. 

Gone or broken up?

Never hurts to try! 

WC -- How long is the internship for?  And is it full-time?  If it's full-time and for an appreciable period of time (6 months or more) I would recommend taking the internship unless you have a better offer elsewhere.  The internship is a great opportunity to get in front of the people you want to work for and show them that you can be an asset to the company if and when they're ready to hire an entry-level person for a regular position.

WC -- How long is the internship for?  And is it full-time?  If it's full-time and for an appreciable period of time (6 months or more) I would recommend taking the internship unless you have a better offer elsewhere.  The internship is a great opportunity to get in front of the people you want to work for and show them that you can be an asset to the company if and when they're ready to hire an entry-level person for a regular position.

It's full-time, good pay, and is between 8-12 weeks. 

I just applied for it, so we'll see how it goes. Thanks everyone for the advice. If you have any more, feel free to post it, I like hearing it.