Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Her father. We're still in that stage of shock since we just found out monday. None of us have any clue where to go with all the planning now. Do you postpone, do you move it up, do you not change a thing? I don't think there is a right answer here, but the whole thing is just going to be very difficult with that cloud hovering over us.

And in terms of this board, I have no clue what is going on in the NHL. I love the game, but at this point I don't have the time or the energy to keep up with whatever the "let's argue about this" topic of the day is.

I am sorry and I hope whatever decision you make in regards to your wedding that it turns out for the best.

Her father. We're still in that stage of shock since we just found out monday. None of us have any clue where to go with all the planning now. Do you postpone, do you move it up, do you not change a thing? I don't think there is a right answer here, but the whole thing is just going to be very difficult with that cloud hovering over us.

And in terms of this board, I have no clue what is going on in the NHL. I love the game, but at this point I don't have the time or the energy to keep up with whatever the "let's argue about this" topic of the day is.

Man, that's awful. I'm sorry buddy.

As far as what to do about it, you have to consider so many things. Moving it up might be smart, even if you have to downsize. You want the wedding to be a happy occasion, and you want people to be able to celebrate without feeling guilty. I'm not sure it would be easy to do if he passes beforehand. But having him present when sick might be hard as well.

On the other hand, postponing it might be better. Put the wedding completely out of mind. Let her spend as much time with her father as she can before he's gone, let some time pass, then have the wedding, that way the whole cloud of death thing doesn't put a damper on it. He'll know his daughter is going to be happy regardless of whether or not he gets to see her wedding day. He'd probably want her wedding day to be a happy occasion, not a sad one on account of his illness.

Hopefully we can talk it out here and help you.

It's northern Wisconsin, complain away!

If you insist!

Stuck in northern wisconsin (Appleton, WI to be exact) for a work assignment that will last two weeks with a co-worker who is about as exciting as Lindy's press conferences. I am really really getting sick of traveling every week for work and am going to be seriously looking for alternative employment opportunities that keep me in the great city of Buffalo year round. unfortunately I am dreading going back to the job hunt as it was not very fun the first time around out of college. I now have 3 years of experience in auditing and really don't think that adds much to looking for a job. I have a degree in accounting from SUNY Geneseo and good recommendations from my co-workers but it seems everything I look at in my pay grade wants a CPA and a million certifications (which I don't have).

I've heard the horror stories of some of my friends as well as people on the SS board about how much job hunting sucks. Is it really too much to ask to have a job that will let me live in my own home and see my girlfriend more than once a week? Here's hoping something comes up soon... :(

Cancer giving someone 6-8 months when you're planning a wedding that is 6 months away. The whole thing just plain sucks.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that, shrader. We lost an uncle a couple months before we got married, and our wedding was the first time that the whole family got together since the funeral. It still cast a shadow over the event. Good luck with everything.

I had to put my cat down Tuesday. :unsure:

602680_465435096838719_467521221_n.jpg

Very sorry for your loss. Your cat looks a lot like the one my wife had that passed ~2 years ago. Darn shame, gray cats are about the only ones worth a darn and usually have great (for a cat ;)) personalities.

Father in Law passed away Sunday. Funeral yesterday. I've helped carry more caskets than I ever wanted...

Very sorry to read that. My condolences go out to you, your wife, and your family. Hope your wife is holding up ok.

Shrader, sorry to you as well.

My unsolicited advice is take a couple of weeks/a month to decide how/whether to alter your planned wedding date. Having your stb FiL giving your bride away is something they'll both treasure. It's possible that the anticipation of the wedding is something he'll 'fight' to make it to see and it could actually help with his treatment; it's also possible that it's too overwhelming and the date does need to advance. Taking a little time now may help out in the long run. Whatever your situation's circumstances dictate, I hope for the best for you and your stb family.

Very sad news all around. :(

Yes it is. Complain away

Fine, my complaint is that Bio and her cohorts can come up w/ a flu vaccine each year but have yet to come up w/ a rhinovirus vaccine. :censored:

After suffering through my 2nd major sinus infection of the new year I realize I've lost the equivalent of about 1 full week of productivity to having ###### headcolds. Yeah, a sinus infection won't kill you, but it has cost me a LOT this season. :censored: And when you're coughing crud out of your throat for ~1 hour you lose a lot of productivity. (And that was on the 'good' day.) :censored:

Yes it is. Complain away

Fine. I spilled an entire cup of coffee on my desk, effectively destroying a bunch of notes, attendance sheets, and scantrons (luckily, already graded) which I now need to completely copy to new paper. I love spending half the day re-doing things I've already done. Oh, and a few exam copy textbooks for the summer course I'll be teaching, and my laptop bag now reeks of old coffee. Not to mention, I really wanted that F'n coffee. I guess I should take this as a lesson to clean off my desk more frequently.

Fine, my complaint is that Bio and her cohorts can come up w/ a flu vaccine each year but have yet to come up w/ a rhinovirus vaccine. :censored:

After suffering through my 2nd major sinus infection of the new year I realize I've lost the equivalent of about 1 full week of productivity to having ###### headcolds. Yeah, a sinus infection won't kill you, but it has cost me a LOT this season. :censored: And when you're coughing crud out of your throat for ~1 hour you lose a lot of productivity. (And that was on the 'good' day.) :censored:

I completely sympathize with the sinus infections. I've only had one bad one so far, but yes, it basically grinds my productivity to a halt and costs valuable gym time.

Fine. I spilled an entire cup of coffee on my desk, effectively destroying a bunch of notes, attendance sheets, and scantrons (luckily, already graded) which I now need to completely copy to new paper. I love spending half the day re-doing things I've already done. Oh, and a few exam copy textbooks for the summer course I'll be teaching, and my laptop bag now reeks of old coffee. Not to mention, I really wanted that F'n coffee. I guess I should take this as a lesson to clean off my desk more frequently.

Bummer. I s'pose it could've been worse and you could have spilled one of the random spiced whatever flavor coffees onto your computer bag. You'd've had to throw it away then as that smell would get old REAL quick.

So sorry. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Sorry man, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family to be.

Complaint,

Takes news like Shrader's to remind me whats really important when I would like to be able to maintain that attitude daily.

oh yeah and the Pennsylvania Turnpike commissions now annual toll hike. Nothing more than highway robbery.

Edited by R_dudly

My gripe. The average life expectancy of dogs.......

That's what my other complaint was going to be. Trying to pick the right day to pay that 'final visit' to the vet's office. Will probably happen in the next week or 2. He's over 18 and the bad days are starting to get too numerous to make the good ones worth it. :(

That's what my other complaint was going to be. Trying to pick the right day to pay that 'final visit' to the vet's office. Will probably happen in the next week or 2. He's over 18 and the bad days are starting to get too numerous to make the good ones worth it. :(

Wow, I don't think I've ever heard a number that high for a dog. I thought our last one would make it that long since she was ridiculously healthy, but out of nowhere she died at around 12 years.

Wow, I don't think I've ever heard a number that high for a dog. I thought our last one would make it that long since she was ridiculously healthy, but out of nowhere she died at around 12 years.

Yep, he was born around the time the '94-'95 lockout ended. Quite a coincidence for a dog named after a Sabres' defenseman.

My kid smacked heads with another kid at recess yesterday. My kid walked away with two fat lips, cuts on his gums, and teeth pushed around. Not a scratch on the other kid from what we were told. Poor kid looks like he went toe-to-toe with John Scott.

My kid smacked heads with another kid at recess yesterday. My kid walked away with two fat lips, cuts on his gums, and teeth pushed around. Not a scratch on the other kid from what we were told. Poor kid looks like he went toe-to-toe with John Scott.

Not to make light of the situation, but the other kid has a harder head, or it's full of rocks, or something .........