Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

along the same lines as mentioned above...

no one forced them to take that job, if they don't care about it don't take it... "not paying me enough" isn't really a good reason to act like an a$hole when the job description they agreed to is being followed. If people are asked to do things that aren't in their job description, "not paying me enough" can be a valid excuse... but I'm pretty sure the Fast Food Cashier job description has something to the effect of being polite, friendly, accomodating, and always making the customer feel welcome.

Case in point, there was a worker at a local Subway, she was awesome, friendly, happy, polite... made me feel good going in there... she left and the people they have now are grumpy idiots, needless to say I don't go to the Subway anymore. The nice worker got a job at Dunkin Donuts, now I go in there specifically to order from her. I told her she was missed at Subway and we were glad to see her working close by again. (it's not because she's hot or anything either, just a good worker who you could appreciate)

Just about everyone has had a lousy job during their youth - it is how well you perform it (and act as though you love it) that prepares you for later life. My first job paid pennies more than minimum wage and was about as bad a job as you can get (think "Dirty Jobs" on Discovery Channel - I won't even mention what it was). Not only did I do it, I acted as if it was the best job on earth. After a while - bingo! A promotion. I wound up being head of the department before I left.

My complaint is that many of the young folks in these fast food-type jobs don't even bother to try to communicate properly (or don't know how). I went to a drive-through a while back and instead of, "Hi -welcome to Jiggy's Pork Rind Emporium! May I take your order?" I got, "Yeah?" How does one respond to "Yeah?"

Four different subs, a subway pizza (seriously?) and of course her order got screwed up somewhere along the way, so we all had to wait while they figured it out.

Doesn't it bother you that the purpose of quick-service restaurants is simply to take your order and make your food and they manage to screw orders up an inordinately large number of cases? Go to Mickey D's and ask for three Filet-O-Fish sandwiches, one without tartar sauce and see what you wind up with in the bag when you leave....

Just about everyone has had a lousy job during their youth - it is how well you perform it (and act as though you love it) that prepares you for later life. My first job paid pennies more than minimum wage and was about as bad a job as you can get (think "Dirty Jobs" on Discovery Channel - I won't even mention what it was). Not only did I do it, I acted as if it was the best job on earth. After a while - bingo! A promotion. I wound up being head of the department before I left.

My complaint is that many of the young folks in these fast food-type jobs don't even bother to try to communicate properly (or don't know how). I went to a drive-through a while back and instead of, "Hi -welcome to Jiggy's Pork Rind Emporium! May I take your order?" I got, "Yeah?" How does one respond to "Yeah?"

Did you just quote a post from a year and a half ago? Has it be eating away at you for that long? :lol:

How do you respond to the guy who says "yeah?" at the drive through? Very politely or just move on....sounds like a guy who is looking for a reason to put his special topping on your burger.

Doesn't it bother you that the purpose of quick-service restaurants is simply to take your order and make your food and they manage to screw orders up an inordinately large number of cases? Go to Mickey D's and ask for three Filet-O-Fish sandwiches, one without tartar sauce and see what you wind up with in the bag when you leave....

I'm not sure I have ever had a filet-of-fish sandwhich at McDs.. I certainly don't recall ever eating one...

Well, apparantly the weather is suppose to be great this weekend. My complaint? I can't enjoy it because I am getting married in May and my wife to be is a Catholic. Therefore we have to take a 'marriage course'. I know, some might say about how important it is but we've been together for over four years, lived together for two, communicate well and have a great relationship. Now I'm going to listen to a priest tell me how to act in a relationship. Oh and the kicker, it's 830 until 9 on sat and 830 until 5 on sun......

Yeah, the guy who never gets laid (at least not with an adult female) and isn't allowed to get married is going to give you advice on how to have a successful marriage. Hilarious. :doh:

Pre-cana sucks.

My first complaint is a carry over from the "was batman a vegetarian" thread.

You must have a license to drive a car, cut freaking hair, and do any number of other mundane things. But have a kid that you will be responsible for for the next 21 years? That's a god given fundamental freaking right. No test of minimum competency whatsoever.

Are you a child molesting freak who has children to provide yourself your next victim? No problem. Cursed with a genetic disorder or disease that will with certainty affect the next generation? no problem. So poor and bereft of desire to improve your position that you are reliant on society to provide for your every need? no problem.

Why don't we need a license to have kids???

Pre-cana sucks.

You must have a license to drive a car, cut freaking hair, and do any number of other mundane things. But have a kid that you will be responsible for for the next 21 years? That's a god given fundamental freaking right. No test of minimum competency whatsoever.

Are you a child molesting freak who has children to provide yourself your next victim? No problem. Cursed with a genetic disorder or disease that will with certainty affect the next generation? no problem. So poor and bereft of desire to improve your position that you are reliant on society to provide for your every need? no problem.

Because of what you wrote up there.

I'm not sure I have ever had a filet-of-fish sandwhich at McDs.. I certainly don't recall ever eating one...

Don't do it. It's not worth it.

That'll be my complaint. For all the hype it got last year, the Filet-o-fish is terrible.

Do yourself a favor, pick up a salmon fillet from the supermarket, some cajun spices, and a couple wheat hamburger buns. Cake that filet in cajun powder, broil it in the oven for like 12 minutes, throw it on a bun with some tartar sauce, and enjoy the fact that you aren't wasting your money. :)

Oh and it's f*ckin tasty. There you are, a d4rksabre original. :D

Pre-cana sucks.

Sorry for bringing this thread into Friday, but I couldn't resist....

My pre-cana was only 1 day - started at 8, ended at 5. Not too terrible a sacrifice, plus it was in December so I didn't miss any golfing time.

Perfect example about the kids thing, my wife's brother...this is a guy whose mother bailed him out of everything until he was about 30. He finally got his own stable job and moved out of the house, but then messed around and got a 20-year-old girl pregnant (he was in his mid-30s at the time). Now he's flaunting his son as if he's some prize. It's one thing to be proud of your kids, but this isn't pride he's showing off. Meanwhile, my wife & I did everything according to plan to try and have kids only to realize we can't. We're not bitter about that, but when we look at her brother (and the types that korab talks about), we just shake our head.

Sorry for bringing this thread into Friday, but I couldn't resist....

My pre-cana was only 1 day - started at 8, ended at 5. Not too terrible a sacrifice, plus it was in December so I didn't miss any golfing time.

Perfect example about the kids thing, my wife's brother...this is a guy whose mother bailed him out of everything until he was about 30. He finally got his own stable job and moved out of the house, but then messed around and got a 20-year-old girl pregnant (he was in his mid-30s at the time). Now he's flaunting his son as if he's some prize. It's one thing to be proud of your kids, but this isn't pride he's showing off. Meanwhile, my wife & I did everything according to plan to try and have kids only to realize we can't. We're not bitter about that, but when we look at her brother (and the types that korab talks about), we just shake our head.

Pre-cana - an 8 hour infommercial on the Rhythm Method.

I finally remembered mine! I hate during pressers when you can't hear the questions. Mummble mumbble did you grummble errr aaahhhhhh. Lindy: Yeah, I think so. At least that's the way I saw it. We'll have to wait and see. There's a very good possibility. We're in tough.

Grrrrrrrrr.

Windows update....can it at least prompt you to reboot instead of automatically doing so? I've got stuff running on my work PC that needs to monitor something overnight, so thanks to Microsloth, I get no data because they need to install a security patch for a vulnerability that they should have probably taken care of in the first place.

I finally remembered mine! I hate during pressers when you can't hear the questions. Mummble mumbble did you grummble errr aaahhhhhh. Lindy: Yeah, I think so. At least that's the way I saw it. We'll have to wait and see. There's a very good possibility. We're in tough.

Grrrrrrrrr.

It was Bill, wasn't it? :D

I wish I could at least get an acknowledgement that the resumes I have sent out have been received. I never know what's going through the heads of all these companies that require electronic submission. Hell, there could be some error in the way I'm going about this newly started job search, but I'll never really know for sure.

edit: Wings, I'm with you on that one. I ran something last week that took about 5 hours to run. I left it overnight since that was my only option. What did I find the next morning? Absolutely nothing. Thanks for wasting my time.

It was Bill, wasn't it? :D

I wish I could at least get an acknowledgement that the resumes I have sent out have been received. I never know what's going through the heads of all these companies that require electronic submission. Hell, there could be some error in the way I'm going about this newly started job search, but I'll never really know for sure.

edit: Wings, I'm with you on that one. I ran something last week that took about 5 hours to run. I left it overnight since that was my only option. What did I find the next morning? Absolutely nothing. Thanks for wasting my time.

Amen to that. Can't tell you how many times I've applied to jobs where the ad specifically said "no phone calls" and if you even try to follow up they get nasty or tell you that they received hundreds of applications. Good luck getting them to see if yours is in the pile or where they are in the process.

On a side note, I wish there was a standard e-form for submitting applications and resumes electronically. Every time I find a job on a job board, I have to go to the company's web site and slog through a 20-30 minute process of inputting every job I've had, every reference, etc. Some companies require you to upload a resume and fill out an application and it takes forever - and some sites don't let you use PDF files. Why can't there be an easier way to do this? :wallbash:

Windows update....can it at least prompt you to reboot instead of automatically doing so? I've got stuff running on my work PC that needs to monitor something overnight, so thanks to Microsloth, I get no data because they need to install a security patch for a vulnerability that they should have probably taken care of in the first place.

I finally got Vista Service Pack 1 installed - with about two months worth of tech support from M$ - and since then my system has been constantly updating. SP2, update for Vista, Live update, office update, .NET framework updates, everything. I don't even know what half these things are for, but M$' reminders are insistent and scary enough to make you think your system will instantly be hacked if you don't install these updates.

The guy in the seat right behind you who screams SHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOTTT anytime the puck touches a stick on the power play. How I loathe him. Same guy who screams GET THE PUCK OUTTA THERE! during the entirety of a penalty kill.

The worst is when the great GITSBY (guy in the seat behind you) has a young son screaming the same thing because he wants to be just like his intolerable dad.

The guy in the seat right behind you who screams SHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOTTT anytime the puck touches a stick on the power play. How I loathe him. Same guy who screams GET THE PUCK OUTTA THERE! during the entirety of a penalty kill.

The worst is when the great GITSBY (guy in the seat behind you) has a young son screaming the same thing because he wants to be just like his intolerable dad.

:lol:

Pat Quinn after the game lambasted his own power play for not shooting the bloody thing, or something. He said every great PP he has ever seen shoots the puck. The Sabres don't. I don't blame the fans.

That's when you start mocking the guy by yelling "SHOOOOOOOT" anytime Myers is sitting behind his net waiting for the breakout to set up, or yelling "PASS" constantly on a powerplay. It never gets old and most of the section will realize exactly why you're doing it.

1. Russian verb structure. Holy crap. Confusing.

2. Cancer.

3. Enroth. I really wanted to see him take another game after shaking out the "first start jitters."

Enroth might still be around this weekend. Portland's playing in Buffalo tonight, so they didn't even have to pay for a flight in order to get him some game action. They can immediately call him back up for the weekend if Lalime still isn't ready to go.

Grrrrrrrrr.

Grrrrrrrrr; exactly.

Would it be so tough for the Sabres or MSG to have a mic set up for the reporters questions. Of course they're probably afraid of all the comments that would be picked up on that mic.

I've been having vertigo-like symptoms for the past week and I can't work as a truck driver because of it.

I shouldn't joke since you could have a brain tumor or something but... do you see the spinning swirly thing like in the movies?