Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

4 hours ago, spndnchz said:

Have you looked at that one?

absolutely 🌽 bread which readers do not need to waste their busy day on. 

Season 1 What GIF by Nanalan'

58 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

The Mods on this forum make it difficult for me to continue to come back.  
I visit other boards and no other mods act like this.

They’ll probably lock and erase this soon enough.  They don’t like criticism.  

You should try TwoBillsdrive if you think this is bad. There is a mod that that holds vendettas against certain people.  It's pretty shameful behavior for a mod honestly.

Edited by matter2003

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I just found out that Lowest Point in Sabres history thread wasn't locked, it was scrubbed from the site.

Are you kidding?

You're not kidding.

What in fresh hell is going on around here?

I trust you have the Lindy Ruff nursing home story stored locally on your 'puter.

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

Season 1 What GIF by Nanalan'

You should try TwoBillsdrive if you think this is bad. There is a mod that that holds vendettas against certain people.  It's pretty shameful behavior for a mod honestly.

This has happened here as well. See Jame, who still remains un-free. 

On 2/22/2024 at 7:57 PM, Broken Ankles said:

7 teenagers talking through the entire showing of One Love this weekend. Absolutely ruined the event.  Movie wasn’t spectacular by biopic standards but nevertheless.  No one to complain to at the Theatre.  I saw one kid both scanning and helping at the kiosk where you buy tickets. Will we have theaters in 25 years? I can say I have no interest in going anytime soon. 

Not enough workers is common.  Poor service is common.  Asking for tips just to do a basic job is common.  

I don't know that I have ever posted in this thread, but I sure as fu*k am posting here today to complain that @PASabreFan's thread locking thread was merged into this thread (which opens one day a week and is generally intended, I think, for ephemeral gripes and is therefore not an appropriate repository for a stakeholders' discussion of how this board is being moderated).

Erratic moderating is hurting this board.

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I don't know that I have ever posted in this thread, but I sure as fu*k am posting here today to complain that @PASabreFan's thread locking thread was merged into this thread (which opens one day a week and is generally intended, I think, for ephemeral gripes and is therefore not an appropriate repository for a stakeholders' discussion of how this board is being moderated).

Erratic moderating is hurting this board.

100 percent agree.  
i can’t believe you actually erased the thread.  If you guys can’t take constructive criticism then you are going to lose members.  You did exactly what so many of us have a problem with.  

3 hours ago, Mango said:

I commented on the Britney Spears subreddit asking the worst thing she had done post conservatorship. I responded with calling out her children multiple times on social media. Not her adult children, but her children children. She has been a bad mother. 

It got deleted with a message from the mod "RESPECT BRITNEY". 

I think this is a good line in the sand for thread and comment deleting. "Does deleting this thread make me more similar or less similar to Britney-stans". 

After reading all the crap in here I really wanted to ask why. But then I saw this post and if I can only ask why one time a day, it has to be used on you. 

4 minutes ago, shrader said:

After reading all the crap in here I really wanted to ask why. But then I saw this post and if I can only ask why one time a day, it has to be used on you. 

The whole thread was fair but also hilarious. So I was just joining in. It isn't quite recipe sharing season yet so I had to make due with what I've got. 

As far as 'thread locking', I don't know how I feel. I think overall I think threads, as long as they are getting posted in, should be allowed to exist.   If you have 2 (or more) posters who are going at it really bad, name calling, getting the thread off topic, how about a mod stepping in and saying something like 'lets get this back on topic' (which I have seen done before) and maybe, MAYBE banning the offending parties for 1-2 hours just to cool the topic down?  Or maybe not allow those people to post in that particular thread if it gets that bad?

I don't now the solution, but I do know in the past there have been threads that I was interested in, WANTED to post in....but because a couple other people got off topic and those few people got out of hand, the entire thread was closed and I wasn't able to post about what the thread was supposed to be about.

Here is one I think of all the time but never post. Major businesses that just can't get their web sites correct.  There are a lot of them, but Marriott is one.  Their in house booking/reward site is Bonvoy.  Most parts of the page load painfully slow, but try to book a hotel by selecting the 'map' feature where you can see all their hotel brands on one page in relation to each other?  Its like you are back on dial-up internet. Not just a little slow, but really really bad. 

Can't understand how a major company like that can make their 'gateway' to their product so hard to uses.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Here is one I think of all the time but never post. Major businesses that just can't get their web sites correct.  There are a lot of them, but Marriott is one.  Their in house booking/reward site is Bonvoy.  Most parts of the page load painfully slow, but try to book a hotel by selecting the 'map' feature where you can see all their hotel brands on one page in relation to each other?  Its like you are back on dial-up internet. Not just a little slow, but really really bad. 

Can't understand how a major company like that can make their 'gateway' to their product so hard to uses.

Cuz they don't care as long as they are making money. Why would they spend more money making your life easier if you give them your money anyway.

34 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Oooooooooohhh.  I too have been very annoyed, multiple times, about that mapping feature on the Marriott website.  It is freaking terrible.

Separately:  while I appreciate the feedback on the thread merging, locking, etc., I don’t think it’s quite the catastrophe it’s being painted as here.  I hope everyone can appreciate that the mods donate their time on a volunteer basis and make moderation decisions in good faith.  No one is seeking any personal gain here.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • dislike 1

36 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Oooooooooohhh.  I too have been very annoyed, multiple times, about that mapping feature on the Marriott website.  It is freaking terrible.

Separately:  while I appreciate the feedback on the thread merging, locking, etc., I don’t think it’s quite the catastrophe it’s being painted as here.  I hope everyone can appreciate that the mods donate their time on a volunteer basis and make moderation decisions in good faith.  No one is seeking any personal gain here.  

Doesn't mean that every once in a while you don't get off on a little power trip, does it?

And let's face it, every once in a while, Chz just gets weird. I honestly don't know what TF she is trying to say, sometime. Especially when she drunk dials the board at 1 am.

Edited by SwampD
  • Disagree 1

Just now, spndnchz said:

Btw I don’t drink. 6 yrs sober my friend. 

Then I have no explanation.

I can't think of a single reason for any of the activity with the threads yesterday and today. If there was an explanation, maybe people wouldn't be dumping on the mods. Nobody was offended. nobody was arguing. It was weird.

Just sayin.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I hope everyone can appreciate that the mods donate their time on a volunteer basis and make moderation decisions in good faith.  

Yes, yes. Of course.

That said: People who act in a bizarre or irrational way can, at the same time, be acting in good faith. Someone who’s mad as a hatter can act with honesty and sincerity.

So, in addition to good faith, there should be an expectation of reasonableness. Volunteer or not.

• Like (+1) 1

My complaint today is that no one has changed  the title of this thread from 'complaint thursday' to 'general buffalo Sabres posts', or 'comment about anything the Sabres do', as they are becoming one and the same.

Edited by mjd1001

8 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

My complaint today is that no one has changed  the title of this thread from 'complaint thursday' to 'general buffalo Sabres posts', or 'comment about anything the Sabres do', as they are becoming one and the same.

I'm confused. I don't see a single sabres post on this page.

I have lots to complain about. Not going to do it, though.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

My point is the entire forum seems to be not much but complaints so we can just change the topic of this thread and put all the sabres talk in here.

• Haha (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

My point is the entire forum seems to be not much but complaints so we can just change the topic of this thread and put all the sabres talk in here.

Boo.   This thread is about life.

24 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I’m holding back.  February has sucked.  Death, illness, injury, overwhelmed at work.

Repeat after me. Its all temporary. 

• Like (+1) 2

26 minutes ago, SwampD said:

And I’m going to complain about you not complaining. 

• Like (+1) 1