Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Who knows? The South may rise again.

Which South? The White Rich Racist Religious Right South or the millions of Southerners who straddle the poverty line and who are tired of having their votes not counted or their voices not heard. The true spirit of the south doesn't lie with Billy Joe Gunrack with his bible in one hand and a AK47 in the other. It lies in those who were left for dead by the previous administration after Hurricane Katrina and those that face racism today in 2009 as if it were 1959.

...and those that face racism today in 2009 as if it were 1959.

There's truth to that. I've lived down here for ten years and outside of Atlanta, it's quite old school. I've been deer hunting with my father in law and a good segment of the guys there were so racist it was embarrassing. Comments like, "let's give the deer guts to the n-family up the street, they'll eat anything." Outside of the metropolitan areas, there's quite a bit of it. You do get it both ways. I've been called all kinds of names walking to my car after work. The South is still a very racially charged area.

There's truth to that. I've lived down here for ten years and outside of Atlanta, it's quite old school. I've been deer hunting with my father in law and a good segment of the guys there were so racist it was embarrassing. Comments like, "let's give the deer guts to the n-family up the street, they'll eat anything." Outside of the metropolitan areas, there's quite a bit of it. You do get it both ways. I've been called all kinds of names walking to my car after work. The South is still a very racially charged area.

I can say the same for Tonawanda, Kenmore, Amherst, should I keep going??

Just sayin, and ya, I just did this on friday, what!!!!!! And I'm a Democrat, too!!!!

ok, I'm done, delete if necessary.

My motorcycle. I've had about enough. Every time I get it working right, it lasts about 3 days before something completely new decides to go wrong. Yesterday night on the way home from campus it managed to leak all its oil out on my street. You can follow the trail about a mile to my driveway. An oil seal must be shot, but I'm so fed up with it I haven't even pulled the case cover off to look at it. I'm ready to just roll it into the street and light it on fire. Nothing I've ever owned has hated me as much as this bike does. :angry:

I want to complain about beer. Why is it that every time I buy a six, I eventually have to go out and get another six? Why can't they just - multiply.

Another complaint - my old, crappy, cheapo Microsoft wireless mouse has/had a much better wireless connection than my new, expensive, fancy-schmancy Logitech laser mouse. WTF!?

What would be the point of buying a 42" 1080p LCD TV when I don't want to upgrade to HD service until my DirectTV contract expires next spring. And why the hell is FIOS installed on the block just up, and the block just back from me - BUT NOT ON MY DAMN BLOCK IN BETWEEN? Since they have everything thing here - THEY STILL CAN'T SAY WHEN IT WILL BE READY FOR MY BLOCK! Holy crap - woods, small cabin, note pad - here I come.

I did a major hardware upgrade on our network Tuesday night into Wednesday morning...had some issues that we worked through, but ended up backing out at 2:30am because one of the 27 different applications these devices support didn't work properly. I hate it. One stinkin' thing and we back out of 7 hours of work. The bright side was that I get OT pay and the commute home was pretty easy, but still...

The Anaheim Angels (I refuse to call them what they're supposed to be called) - they lay down against the Red Sox or watch the umps give the Red Sox the game, then pull out all the stops and walk all over the Yankees.

Who puts out a new cd on a sunday? I pre-ordered it online a couple weeks back and had it delivered to work since I assumed it was a weekday. Now that cd will probably ship out a day early, but still, that will be saturday and I won't be in the office. Now I have to wait until monday instead. But hey, at least that cd will cheer me up when I'm in my monday, post-Bills loss lull.

And in case anyone's wondering why I ordered online instead of just heading to a store the day of, the cd is a Target exclusive (not too crazy about that move) and I don't have easy access to a Target.

Work sucks. A lot of new changes out of the blue, people have been reassigned, some fired, and others laid off; and now others who are lucky enough to still have a job are being threatened with 30-day action plans if the results aren't what the main office expects. It might be good for me in the short term, as I am in the next group to be promoted and fill in these positions, but long-term I don't know. I think it's time to get out, but there aren't a lot of openings out there.

Work sucks. A lot of new changes out of the blue, people have been reassigned, some fired, and others laid off; and now others who are lucky enough to still have a job are being threatened with 30-day action plans if the results aren't what the main office expects. It might be good for me in the short term, as I am in the next group to be promoted and fill in these positions, but long-term I don't know. I think it's time to get out, but there aren't a lot of openings out there.

I hear you there. I've hit the point with my job where it is probably time to move on. Fortunately though, I know I'm safe for quite a while and I get the feeling there are more than enough openings in my field. It's just the whole job search that is completely foreign to me. I have no idea how to go about that while I'm still working here. I'm sure I'm going to need references and since this is the only job I've had out of college, asking the boss if I can use him as a reference is obviously going to raise some red flags in his mind.

Who puts out a new cd on a sunday? I pre-ordered it online a couple weeks back and had it delivered to work since I assumed it was a weekday. Now that cd will probably ship out a day early, but still, that will be saturday and I won't be in the office. Now I have to wait until monday instead. But hey, at least that cd will cheer me up when I'm in my monday, post-Bills loss lull.

And in case anyone's wondering why I ordered online instead of just heading to a store the day of, the cd is a Target exclusive (not too crazy about that move) and I don't have easy access to a Target.

I take it back. The cd just got here now! So I guess I'll complain about my complaints now being nullified.

I'm jobless, my brakes went out yesterday and I had to leave my van downtown(I'm SO lucky I made it to a safe spot where it won't get towed), it's been raining in Nashville for 3 days so I can't even GO down to my van and bleed the brakes and see if that fixes the problem, I had to go to Metro Action Commission to get money so I don't get kicked out of my apartment, now I have to go to Welfare(yuck!) and get food stamps so I don't starve, my wife is still dead, my yellow kitty Simon won't come into the house so I can feed him properly(he'd rather hang out with the alley cats, I think he's still mad at me that I got him neutered), I have hepatits C and I'm always tired, turning yellow and going to die before I'm 40 because I have never gotten treatment for it because I'm poor(thanks for throwing me out into the streets of Buffalo when I was 15, Mom, you b!t*#), I just CAN'T quit smoking, and I miss Jessica terribly and the best days of my life are already over. But I am SO thankful for those 10 years with her, given my short time on this planet in this body.

That some people with nothing really legitimate to complain would rather do that than count their blessing's..

That's the whole point of the thread though. But with that said:

henysgol, I don't know where, but please find some help somewhere. I wouldn't wish any of that upon anyone.

That's the whole point of the thread though. But with that said:

henysgol, I don't know where, but please find some help somewhere. I wouldn't wish any of that upon anyone.

Yeah I know and here it's mainly for fun and that's cool but I'm talking about the people we all know(e.g. work with, certain family member, acquaintance) that prescribes to that bitchfest mentality when they really dn't have it that bad.

Henysgo, I agree with Schrader, there is help out there if you are willing, as far as the health issue's a Hospital ER department cannot turn you away or not treat your Hep C even if you have no insurance and certainly if you looking into the public assistance they have health coverage as well... Don't give up you need to see the Sabres win that cup some day...

I was just in a supermarket picking up some stuff for dinner. I was walking through a narrow aisle and there was a cart sitting in the middle, making it just wide enough for one person. This guy was pushing a car in the opposite direction, so I stopped to let him pass. I made it very clear that I was waiting for him to pass. The ass stops his cart parallel to other cart, blocking the entire path. Are people really this stupid (yes, I know they are)? The worst part was that he didn't even stop there to pick something off a shelf. He stopped there so he could turn around and talk to his wife.