Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Since I shifted my schedule around and now have Thursdays off, my mood is considerably different today. Aside from being exhausted from the last week of moving and work, I don't have much.

This is all I've got:

1. I'm an idiot for not planning this cross-town move and my corresponding work schedule better. We moved last Thursday, which I had off, but I worked Friday - Wednesday, with OT sprinkled in. I should have scheduled another day off in there to knock out the last of the move in one additional day; instead, it got spread out over a week and I'm sick of it.

2. Last week my editor emails me the game assignment schedule, and I see my name next to a game being played in Youngstown, OH - an hour and a half and over 80 miles away. Not a huge deal on a Saturday, but a 730 kickoff on Friday night, after working a full day and then having to work the next morning at 7 am - not good. Can't be getting home at 1 am and getting up the next morning at 6 for the next shift.

People who bow out when turning left. Seriously?

I know right?

In a similar vein, people who change their minds after committing to a driving action. You're mid-turn. Just make the damn turn instead of stopping and screwing everything up. Oh, you needed to exit there but didn't get over soon enough? Too bad, you committed. Get off at the next exit and turn around. Oh, you didn't want to get off at that exit? Well don't just stop in the middle of the ramp, or do that move where you stop and turn off into the divide zone between the ramp and the highway. Just get off and get back on. It's not that hard.

And my actual complaint for today. We've had a couple nice days this week. But of course I'm sick and can't ride the motorcycle. But as soon as I'm not sick anymore, I just know the weather is going to go to hell. UGH.

I just bought a winter vehicle. Taillights don't work, I don't really care but it would have been nice if he told me. Muffler also sounds 100% louder 12 hours after I test drove it, must have had a patch kit on it. Annoying...

...and I'm going to miss 90% of Sabres games this year, at least live. I'll DVR those suckers.

Here is my winter beater:

post-151-12550245995773_thumb.jpg

Facebook and Twitter are useless. I was told to hop on the bandwagon and give them a try. I can't believe the crap people post on there. If you are going to be on the internet at least make good use of your time.

Who cares what you are watching on TV tonight or having for dinner tomorrow?

Facebook is having a big tech support issue right now - a lot of people are unable to access their own profile pages, and therefore can't reply to wall postings, add/edit photos, etc. My profile is one of those affected, and it's very frustrating, because FB seems to have no damn clue what the problem is nor do they have a timetable for a remedy.

Facebook is having a big tech support issue right now - a lot of people are unable to access their own profile pages, and therefore can't reply to wall postings, add/edit photos, etc. My profile is one of those affected, and it's very frustrating, because FB seems to have no damn clue what the problem is nor do they have a timetable for a remedy.

I like FaceBook. Living 1000 miles South of home, I can still keep in touch with all of my old friends on a daily basis.

Today's Complaints:

1. I can't take this big shiny new 24" iMac to work with me tomorrow. I don't know how I'm going put up with the 17" POS I have there.

2. NetApp NFS locking went to hell this morning due to some buggy code, but the operations manager decided to roll back code changes I made the night before, even though the two are not related. I'm parallel to him org-wise, but on the development side. He didn't like when I told his people not to do it, but they listened to me over him because I'm right more often.

3. Above manager's people bitching to me about how their department sucks.

4. I spent six months working on my own products to sell on the side and then accidentally brought it up at work in a moment of sheer stupidity. Our management loved it and now they want to use it at work. Now, if I sell it myself, I'm in violation of my employment agreements. Damn it!

Good lord... Edit..

http://thrashers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=56744

Please, come see us play? Please? Gotta feel bad for the players... "Wow, I'm going to the NHL!! I've been claimed by.... Atlanta?"

I was called out by my boss, via email (he's passive aggressive), here it is.

Moving forward please schedule these things for after work - you do leave at 3pm so this should not be an issue. Once in a while is fine, but with all due respect you are pushing the limit. Vet apts, eye apts, dentist apts, etc, etc, etc

I would say I might leave once a month for an appointment. I had the issue where I had to go to the hospital a few weeks ago, but I would like to think that's understandable. I never call in sick. I worked 3 hours yesterday before giving my boss a vacation slip for 8 hours for that day. I needed to get my truck. Going to insurance, the seller, the DMV and then back to the seller was time consuming there was no way I could do it after work.

I also deliver pizza on the side. I had to start this because I was switched, by my boss, to salary instead of hourly. This is reality was a pay cut. So to supplement my income, I needed a part time job. If I didn't have this job, I could schedule more appointments for the 3:30 - 4:30 time frame. It's frustrating.

Hits to the head in hockey at any level, especially in non-contact beer leagues. I'll never understand how a guy shorter than me still manages to take a shoulder/arm to my head even when I'm standing straight up... but then again, I'm assuming it was an arm/shoulder since I don't actually remember what hit me.

Oh, and I just love it when 8 different people email me all in the same day telling me they need something by the end of the week. You know, maybe that kind of message should be sent earlier than wednesday. My god yesterday sucked.

No MSG feed tonight on Center Ice? There's a complaint. Happy to see a Sabres game, but would much rather watch the home feed.

Yeah, I'd rather watch the HOME FEED IN HD, but at least the 'yotes feed is in HD. Dave Schrader is a very good announcer, but Tyson Nash blows as color, and their roving reporter sucks, too.

The Rangers game isn't on HD on the MSG side, either, just on Comcast (Capitals feed).

Just gimme all my fukkin HD, would ya?

Yeah, I'd rather watch the HOME FEED IN HD, but at least the 'yotes feed is in HD. Dave Schrader is a very good announcer, but Tyson Nash blows as color, and their roving reporter sucks, too.

It's Dave STRADER. Man that makes me wish the Sharks didn't get rid of John Shrader.

The Rangers game isn't on HD on the MSG side, either, just on Comcast (Capitals feed).

Just gimme all my fukkin HD, would ya?

No HD here, so that doesn't make a difference to me.

I'm tired. So tired. And I've got a huge, high stress, long weekend of work ahead of me starting tomorrow when I wake up.

I had Mexican for dinner and I'm scared it's going to come back to haunt me tonight.

It's 11:30 and my sophomore is still doing her homework.

I hate the fact that the only option for me for tonight's game was the Phoenix feed, but hey...at least I got to watch the game, right?

My house is a mess, my cat is sick, and my dog needs a bath.

Oh....and my in-laws are :death: still a$$holes

Facebook and Twitter are useless. I was told to hop on the bandwagon and give them a try. I can't believe the crap people post on there. If you are going to be on the internet at least make good use of your time.

Who cares what you are watching on TV tonight or having for dinner tomorrow?

I like Facebook because it's given me a chance to get in touch with people I graduated with and used to work with. I understand some people's dislike of it and I also think too many people out there don't understand how "public" it is, but if it's used right, it's worthwhile to me. On the other hand, Twitter is just plain annoying. I really hate how every celebrity, athlete, etc. uses it to communicate with the world. Every media outlet then jumps on it like there's no tomorrow - these people need to realize what they're saying and assume the audience is everyone, but when did social networking sites become the way to official communications?

Today's complaints:

- My wife is taking online classes and got a bad grade on one paper, yet other classmates' submissions were much less thought-out and not nearly written as well, yet got grades in the 90s. WTF?

- She then wakes up this morning and proceeds to tell me she's getting a cold for the second time in 4 weeks.

- Dick Jauron