Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Another update on an old complaint:

I get these stupid telemarketing phone calls on my office phone all the time. It's either something about my high credit balances, the factory warranty on my non-existant car, or my mortgage rates (I need one of those to rent now?). It has always been this annoying recording that I immediately hang up on. Well just today, they found a whole new way to annoy me. I just got a phone call from an actual live person, "Hi, I'm so-and-so from so-and-so...". The guy then immediately turned on the recording. Is there no limit to how far these people will go to pass along a message to the person it's not even supposed to go to?

:death: :death: :death:

You mean like all of his posts? If there's any justice in this world, SDS will pull some strings and that guy will forever be listed as a 4th liner. Then he'll have to follow through with his threat and leave. We'll all be better for it... until navybillsfan shows up for his monthly visit.

Bingo.

If I figure it out, his new title will be "Career AHL'er" :D

:thumbsup:

Bye bye, then.

:thumbsup:

Another update on an old complaint:

I get these stupid telemarketing phone calls on my office phone all the time. It's either something about my high credit balances, the factory warranty on my non-existant car, or my mortgage rates (I need one of those to rent now?). It has always been this annoying recording that I immediately hang up on. Well just today, they found a whole new way to annoy me. I just got a phone call from an actual live person, "Hi, I'm so-and-so from so-and-so...". The guy then immediately turned on the recording. Is there no limit to how far these people will go to pass along a message to the person it's not even supposed to go to?

:death: :death: :death:

My wife has complained about the same thing. Her in-home business line keeps getting those same calls (high CC balances, factory warranty and calls about who makes the decisions to buy such-and-such for her company) and no matter how many times she complains to AT&T they insist that her number is not being sold to B2B telemarketers and is left off those directories.

My first complaint: Spam text messages. I'd like to find the person sending them out and beat them with a tire iron. Spam email in my free webmail accounts is one thing - but these I have to pay for on a per-message basis. Azzholes.

Why is it that whenever someone asks me "how are you?", I always answer "good" even if I want to punch them in the face?

It's a conditioned response.. They use to say, Ask an American how they feel, and they say good. Ask a Russian how they feel and they'll tell you.

Now to my complaint. I've abstained for quite a while...

Seems some dillweed is walking their dog on my lawn. They have the cover of darkness and trees to cover their illegal dumping activities. Picked up ten+ piles last week. Just checked again and there is another one... They better not let me catch them. I'm going to turn the water hose on them if I do...

you have me mixed up with someone else little fella. i have no business on the 4th line. it will work out. laabtt blue, proverbially speaking, is trying to pull some strings. some of us, you not included, deserve recognition. we have passengers and band leaders in this world.

The Brain is back.

I don't think you have been a member long enough. Try back in 10 years or so. :ph34r:

If you must know...go to "my controls" near the top of the page on the right and edit your member title. If you don't have access to it, go back to the first sentence in this post.

Thanks--now I've been able to change mine--I think. This is the test run.

5.) Half the family pregnant, other half dying. An oldie but a goodie.

Why do senior citizens insist on making ~30 year old M*A*S*H references on a board where, even with including said senior citizens, the average age of the board's members is younger than that episode?

Why is it that whenever someone asks me "how are you?", I always answer "good" even if I want to punch them in the face?

Speaking of which, why is it that they ask the same thing when you have to go to the doctor's office because you're either hurt or sick? (Just got a reminder of that after a recent bout with peptic ulcer). That is my minus for the week.

My plus? I still have a job (and I thank God for it).

Why do senior citizens insist on making ~30 year old M*A*S*H references on a board where, even with including said senior citizens, the average age of the board's members is younger than that episode?

C'mon, Taro, M*A*S*H is generationally immune. It's just part of the collective US American experience. Plus, mostly because of the way Blake delivered that line, it's one of my top ten from that show. I was laughing as soon as I read it, and I'm about the same age as that episode.

i dont want to play of the 4th line anymore. i deserve more ice time. i want to be called "A Bonafide All Star"

where is the MOD team who can handle this change? i will walk if i dont get this. what an injustice...slap on the face

Either you're trying to joke around with us or you're taking things way too personally. If the latter is true, here's my advice: don't. It depends on how much you contribute to this place. Some people are just more prolific on here than others. Look at spndnchz. I've been on here longer than she has and she's probably written more posts on here than I have.

Take a chill pill, relax, and post meaningful two cents when you're able to. As for me, I figure that if I hang around here long enough, I'll make "Hall of Fame" status eventually.

2 complaints;

1.) Not having a Complaint Thursday extension. Fridays need love, too!!

2.) People who actually pay attention to what their "line rank" is. If you're that important that you feel yours MUST be changed, figure it out for yourself. If you can't figure it out, you're not that important..... :rolleyes:

Dude, people ignore me all the time. They pick on me, make fun of my posts, start ridiculous arguments with me about stupid sh!t, etc. It's called life. This is the internet, where people can type whatever they want with little to no consequence. Everyone here is the smartest person alive and could EASILY run the Sabres organization much better if given the chance. It's fun, so enjoy it and stop worrying about the little things.

And if that doesn't work, just start each post with this; "Hey everyone, this is God. I play on the Hero line in all of my Sega games because I'm important!!"

Good luck, and don't bother conversing with Deluca or PA. They're older, wiser, and have more free time to write stuff. It's useless, trust me :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

what the hell is Obama doing sending 17,000 soldiers to Afghanistan. The Russians couldn't

win there, no one can win there back for hundreds of years. What are we going to do, nuke

the mountains? We should just pack our boys up, bring em back and then prevent these animals from other countries from coming here.

We're still doing these, right?

Complaint #1 - Nobody had started this thread yet.

Complaint #2 - Overhead electronic road signs. We've had them on I-87 in the Albany area for several years, but about 99% of the time, they're blank. The idea (which is a good one, IMO) is to inform motorists of any potential accident or upcoming road work that would affect their commute or travel. Unfortunately, it backfires...every time the sign has an announcement, people slow down to a crawl just before they reach the sign (as if they have to study it), then move on. We could be cruising along at 65mph with no problems, then we hit the brakes and slow to about 20 just before the sign, then speed up and resume our normal speed.

Complaint #2 - Overhead electronic road signs. We've had them on I-87 in the Albany area for several years, but about 99% of the time, they're blank. The idea (which is a good one, IMO) is to inform motorists of any potential accident or upcoming road work that would affect their commute or travel. Unfortunately, it backfires...every time the sign has an announcement, people slow down to a crawl just before they reach the sign (as if they have to study it), then move on. We could be cruising along at 65mph with no problems, then we hit the brakes and slow to about 20 just before the sign, then speed up and resume our normal speed.

Well, what do you expect from the Albanians? :) :)

The have them here in the Philly Suburbs and they generally list the time and distance to some exit up ahead. It's really nice since it'll be "Time to US322: 5 miles 6 minutes" if it's clear ahead, or "5 miles 15 minutes" if it's all hosed up. Plus they do announce accidents. My only gripe is they don't always update them quickly, so it'll say there's a problem and I'll be on the back road looking over at an empty highway. :(