Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I give them a buck, but usually am pissed off because of the hard sell they give you at the cashier booth, which is followed by the cold shoulder when you say no to everything.

Yeah, a buck or two to shine my tires. I can go to the store and get a can of the stuff for 2bucks and it lasts all summer.

And you wonder why you get all those old man jokes around here. But yeah, that's me too. I'm ready to complain all week, but then when thursday roles around, its close enough to the weekend that I've run out of ideas. Luckily the stick swinging incident I mentioned earlier is still very fresh in my memory.

Who are you?

• Like (+1) 1

I serve up a slow-pitched softball right over the plate and you bunted? ?You can do better than that!

it's been a rough day----- starting school and work etc, left the brain a little frazzled.... .

:oops:

wow.... thought i had a good one to come back with and i still got nothing.....

man i suck :doh:

Not really a complaint but anyway:

I have the smileys turned off so that when I read this board at work, it isn't as obvious that I'm goofing off. ?The smiley's show up on my display as text "(IMG:style_emoticons/default/censored.gif)" etc.

This one? :wallbash: displayes as "wallbash.gif" which my eyes always read as "ballwash.gif".

What does that say about me?

Same thing happens when I read it too. :blush: ...and no, I don't enjoy washing balls.

The big unanswered question is Do you tip the person who dries your car at Delta Sonic?

When in doubt, I tip. The car dryer, the hair cut lady, the movers, the fluffer, the kid taking the groceries to my car, and so on... I cut way back for jobs I know aren't tip dependent, but I always tip. I spilled a whole class of pop on myself a few years back and the waitress had to clean up the table and the surrounding floor. I left her a $20 on about a $25 dollar bill.

When in doubt, I tip. The car dryer, the hair cut lady, the movers, the fluffer, the kid taking the groceries to my car, and so on... I cut way back for jobs I know aren't tip dependent, but I always tip. I spilled a whole class of pop on myself a few years back and the waitress had to clean up the table and the surrounding floor. I left her a $20 on about a $25 dollar bill.

Hmmm.. exactly what line of work are you in?

What is considered a big tip anyway?
If you been delivered pizza...then 10%.

I never really thought about it as a percentage as it's almost as easy for me to deiver 10 bucks of food as it is $100 but anything over 3 bucks is nice in my eyes.

FWIW, it seems as if a lot of people feel like 2 bucks is good, while it may be cool for short deliveries, if I'm driving 20+ minutes rountrip, you aren't even covering my gas. The only people I get downright ornery with are the sub $1 tippers. I almost burnt down one lady's house as she gave me a 10 cent tip because she had a "free delivery" coupon. She presented it after the discount was taken, so I wasn't getting reimbursed the amount of the coupon. It was 10 freaking cents. Here is that house.

I always thought that the tip was above and beyond compensation. I never realized that you had to pay for your own gas. So when Papa Johns charges a delivery fee, who is getting the money?

By the way, Papa Johns is plain ruining pizza in this country.

I'm too cheap to get pizza delivered... :ph34r:

Why does it have to be a nice, sunny, week and then rain on the weekend?

Why does someone call a meeting and and expect people to hover around his computer? Schedule a conference room!

:wallbash: is ballwash about 75% of the time for me...

Why does it have to be a nice, sunny, week and then rain on the weekend?

Actually there was just a report out about this - it is due to the pollution (of course) caused by all of the cars driving during the week. (yes, the weather patterns also have to be in the proper state that it will produce rain because of the pollution.)

I never really thought about it as a percentage as it's almost as easy for me to deiver 10 bucks of food as it is $100 but anything over 3 bucks is nice in my eyes.

FWIW, it seems as if a lot of people feel like 2 bucks is good, while it may be cool for short deliveries, if I'm driving 20+ minutes rountrip, you aren't even covering my gas. The only people I get downright ornery with are the sub $1 tippers. I almost burnt down one lady's house as she gave me a 10 cent tip because she had a "free delivery" coupon. She presented it after the discount was taken, so I wasn't getting reimbursed the amount of the coupon. It was 10 freaking cents. Here is that house.

I delivered pizza for at least 5 years, and anything over two dollars was 'acceptable'.

I did have a fun game I liked to play:

Less than 2 bucks - Walk away, say nothing

Two bucks - Smile, say thanks

Anything over 5 - Smile, and say thank you very much, have a good one.

It's not that I hated the less than 2 dollar tippers, but showing my displeasure at least might help me in the long run or they'll pick it up next time and not waste my time.

I want to complain about dumb house mates. I spend so much time trying to keep the rest of the house from falling apart that I never get to clean my own room or take care of any projects I'm working on, like the motorcycle in the garage. Then they get the nerve to say "hey, we should have a cleaning day this weekend" WE? NAY NAY! YOU will have a cleaning day. I will spend the day doing #%^$#! I need to do. I do my share, don't try to rope me in for more. :censored:

People you work with who consistently bring you work that is past due or very little time left before some hard deadline that you have to scramble everything you were already doing to try and get it done. The classic their failure to plan becomes your emergency. :wallbash:

Ok tipping guru's... what about take-out at restaurants, like curbside take-away? Are you expected to tip for that? If yes, then how much?

I would go with spndnchz's advice with the pizza on the curbside. 10 % for curbside, and use your judgment. I know our restaurant pays our to-go's about 5 dollars an hour plus tips. So tipping is appropritae. If you have a massive order with a lot of orders for a family gathering, it does take time to put it together get everything together and all that (it's not like pizza where it is just put in a box. I bartend, but when to-go is cut I take any orders for the rest of the night. Inside I shoot for 15-20%, outside I shoot for 10%. One of the posters put his remarks in regards to tips, it works the same way here.

No tip-Thanks

10 percent-Thanks, have a good night.

Anything more, Thanks a lot. I appreciate it, enjoy the rest of your night.

The never ending baseball season is STILL going on and this year they've stretched out the playoffs... For the love of sports, end it sooner please... Pretty soon we are going to be talking about Mr. Novembers...

My complaint is that I missed re-runs of Everybody Loves Raymond last night, on TBS! I've basically lost interest in the MLB...too much scandal. I still follow the Indians, but I'm not the fan I once was.

I know it's just preseason, but I'd like to see the Sabres win one of these games convincingly. So I guess my complaint is that I don't yet feel reassured, based on what's happenned on the ice, that this season is going to be more like 05-06 than like 07-08.

I know it's just preseason, but I'd like to see the Sabres win one of these games convincingly. So I guess my complaint is that I don't yet feel reassured, based on what's happenned on the ice, that this season is going to be more like 05-06 than like 07-08.

Wouldn't that be a good thing? Many across the NHL didn't pay attention to the Sabres in 05/06. I think that can be a good thing. Of course, we, too, will have a certain amount of wonder...