2024 NHL Playoffs - ROUND TWO

Tkachuk's in their heads. He gets in everybody's head. The league likes it. No big deal but the Bruins were reacting instead of initiating. They will have to be a lot better to bounce back. They might not. 

There's no taunting penalty in hockey is there? (unlike football). I know you all hate Marchand, and that's fair, but if Montour did that to the Sabres you'd all be up in arms and want his head. Pity they'd already booted Maroon and Frederic. 

Now Vancouver don't look good at all. I really don't want an Oilers cup. Anybody else. Anybody. 

59 minutes ago, K-9 said:

It was funny when Montour was doing the licking motion at Marchand during their scrum. 

I'm happy to cheer for that kind of obnoxiousness on a team that I support. Wish the Sabres had a Montour and a Tkachuk.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

A. Tkachuk's in their heads. He gets in everybody's head. The league likes it. No big deal but the Bruins were reacting instead of initiating. They will have to be a lot better to bounce back. They might not. 

B. There's no taunting penalty in hockey is there? (unlike football). I know you all hate Marchand, and that's fair, but if Montour did that to the Sabres you'd all be up in arms and want his head. Pity they'd already booted Maroon and Frederic. 

C. Now Vancouver don't look good at all. I really don't want an Oilers cup. Anybody else. Anybody. 

A. That's all they have fundamentally. They will try and play an actual skill game, but once they start losing they'll turn back to goonery.

B. Of course we'd want his head, that's how it works. I would like to see Frederic get his face handed to him on the back of a hockey stick blade - metaphorically, of course.

C. The league may want it, though. 

52 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Tkachuk's in their heads. He gets in everybody's head. The league likes it. No big deal but the Bruins were reacting instead of initiating. They will have to be a lot better to bounce back. They might not. 

There's no taunting penalty in hockey is there? (unlike football). I know you all hate Marchand, and that's fair, but if Montour did that to the Sabres you'd all be up in arms and want his head. Pity they'd already booted Maroon and Frederic. 

Now Vancouver don't look good at all. I really don't want an Oilers cup. Anybody else. Anybody. 

I'm rooting for Vancouver, which means they are doomed.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

..... Ummmm 

They actually came back?! That’s awesome. Despise the oilers 

Glad to be a jinx 

Edited by Thorny
  • Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, ... said:

A. That's all they have fundamentally. They will try and play an actual skill game, but once they start losing they'll turn back to goonery.

B. Of course we'd want his head, that's how it works. I would like to see Frederic get his face handed to him on the back of a hockey stick blade - metaphorically, of course.

C. The league may want it, though. 

What goonery did the Bruins do? I didn't see any. 

Frederic is exactly the type of player the Sabres need. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

They actually came back?! That’s awesome. Despise the oilers 

Glad to be a jinx 

Nugent Hopkins hit the post and then 2 quick ones, Edmonton can't win unless they get a ton of PP time. 

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

What goonery did the Bruins do? I didn't see any. 

Frederic is exactly the type of player the Sabres need. 

I hate Marchand but he put a nice check on that douche Tkachuk. Tkachuk and Pasta fought late which I have no idea what Pasta was thinking.
 My guess is the NY Rangers vs Colorado for the Cup.

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Nugent Hopkins hit the post and then 2 quick ones, Edmonton can't win unless they get a ton of PP time. 

Skinner isn’t that good!

2 minutes ago, SabresBillsFan said:

I hate Marchand but he put a nice check on that douche Tkachuk. Tkachuk and Pasta fought late which I have no idea what Pasta was thinking.
 My guess is the NY Rangers vs Colorado for the Cup.

Skinner isn’t that good!

Neither is Georgiev. 

I think Pasta was just trying to show he wasn't intimidated. I think it was no big deal. 

3 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

Canuck fans are rabid. Car horns all over at 11 pm. The flags are wavin'. I'm amazed they came back. Lindholm shows his value in the post season more and more. 

Now that is a team that plugged their roster holes well. 

I remember Vancouver after the loss to Boston back in maybe 17? Trashing the city, Rabid is the word 

4 hours ago, bunomatic said:

Great game by the smucks. The German fella was hurtin all game. Big Z is having a heck of a playoffs so far. Did McJesus have any shots on goal ?

I think this was his first playoff game ever without a SOG

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ... said:

Boston has passed the threshold where their brand of goon/skill hockey is no match for skill/grit hockey.

8 hours ago, Second Line Center said:

That extra punch is a complete loser move. 

Can’t wait to see how eager he is to drop them with Rempe.  

I had no problem with the extra punch. Boston got away with so much than should have been allowed, if Tkachuk got in an extra one,… oh, well.

8 hours ago, French Collection said:

Montour celebrating in Marchand’s face and the ensuing scuffle was fun to watch. I hate Montour’s smug little smile but it’s OK if it gets under Marchand’s skin.

That was awesome.

Edited by SwampD
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I’m cheering for Florida in this one so that beating of the Bruins was nice to see.

I would love Tkachuk on the Sabres because he plays hard and gets under the other team’s skin. I find that his toughness is overrated. He is not Brady, who will drop the gloves against nearly anyone. He rarely will engage in more than a face washing duel and dropping the mitts vs Pastrnak is about right for him. 6’2” 206 but he doesn’t challenge any middle weights.

He is more skilled than Brady but I would prefer Brady because he’s got your back. If it’s all about face washing, wrestling and chirping then Matthew fills the bill.

Anyone like Dakota Joshua’s game last night?

27 year old UFA.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, OverPowerYou said:

Makes you wonder how many former Sabres would’ve stayed if Ruff was our coach? Could he have gotten the best out of Eichel, Oreilly, Kane, Reinhardt? 

Maybe.   But that group, plus Bogo, was not good chemistry.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, French Collection said:

I’m cheering for Florida in this one so that beating of the Bruins was nice to see.

I would love Tkachuk on the Sabres because he plays hard and gets under the other team’s skin. I find that his toughness is overrated. He is not Brady, who will drop the gloves against nearly anyone. He rarely will engage in more than a face washing duel and dropping the mitts vs Pastrnak is about right for him. 6’2” 206 but he doesn’t challenge any middle weights.

He is more skilled than Brady but I would prefer Brady because he’s got your back. If it’s all about face washing, wrestling and chirping then Matthew fills the bill.

Anyone like Dakota Joshua’s game last night?

27 year old UFA.

Joshua is exactly the type of player we need to add. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, OverPowerYou said:

Makes you wonder how many former Sabres would’ve stayed if Ruff was our coach? Could he have gotten the best out of Eichel, Oreilly, Kane, Reinhardt? 

Who? 

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

Maybe.   But that group, plus Bogo, was not good chemistry.  

the lonely island cocaine GIF

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

Probably. But we never got to see all those players together while they were in their prime so it’s an interesting thought experiment