2024 NHL Playoffs - ROUND TWO

3-0 and the Stars choke that lead away. 

Also, I have less than zero care about what team wins out of Canes-Rags. It's really good hockey and Carolina looks to actually be the better team. Shesterkin in a monster. But, I cannot get over that call in OT that ended it that way. Let the boys Duke it out and only call what's necessary. 

Also Carolina had a PP that looked like the Sabres, all perimeter passing and no shots 

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

Colorado looks great. 

4 straight goals after falling behind 3-0.

I am pulling for them, not because of Mitts, MacKinnon is my favourite non Sabres player. The way he gallops around like a fire hydrant on skates just gets me out of my seat.

Nichushkin is a beast. He has become what his draft potential claimed he could be.

It’s been quiet on the Landeskog front, there was a chance he could come back. Drouin would help a bit too.

5 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

3-0 and the Stars choke that lead away. 

Also, I have less than zero care about what team wins out of Canes-Rags. It's really good hockey and Carolina looks to actually be the better team. Shesterkin in a monster. But, I cannot get over that call in OT that ended it that way. Let the boys Duke it out and only call what's necessary. 

Also Carolina had a PP that looked like the Sabres, all perimeter passing and no shots 

I was surprised by the penalties in OT.

Sabres killer Aho wasn’t asserting himself on the PP.

Shesterkin is what Levi can still become.

10 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I am pulling for them, not because of Mitts, MacKinnon is my favourite non Sabres player. The way he gallops around like a fire hydrant on skates just gets me out of my seat.

Nichushkin is a beast. He has become what his draft potential claimed he could be.

It’s been quiet on the Landeskog front, there was a chance he could come back. Drouin would help a bit too.

Huh.  I thought that game was over.  Didn't even switch over to watch after the OT goal in the other game; last I saw it was 3-0 and figured it was a laugher for the Stars.  The Avs got the last laugh I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

Huh.  I thought that game was over.  Didn't even switch over to watch after the OT goal in the other game; last I saw it was 3-0 and figured it was a laugher for the Stars.  The Avs got the last laugh I guess.

The only reason I saw was that they kept the score in the upper left of my screen for the Avs game, during the rags OT game. 

After they scored I switched it over to see McKinnon tie it up. 

Him and Mcdavid have the craziest burst I've ever seen with a puck. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, MISabresFan said:

The Dallas / Colorado game seemed different than most of the other playoff games.  Appeared to have more open ice, less physicality, or was I drinking too much?

I can’t answer the drinking part, but I agree about the open ice part.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

If there was an NHL reshuffle draft and I was allowed to take any player in the NHL MacKinnon is number one without a doubt. 

After so much time off the ice I don't think Landeskog could be effective even if he did get back.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

Just pure comedy 

They don't seem to call charging like they used to. Ducking a check on the wall (if it was a duck) is bad form but anything to stop the Truba's goon moves are welcome. 

12 minutes ago, Jorcus said:

They don't seem to call charging like they used to. Ducking a check on the wall (if it was a duck) is bad form but anything to stop the Truba's goon moves are welcome. 

Bad form?  He saved himself from getting taken off the ice on a stretcher.  

• Agree 5

3 hours ago, Jorcus said:

Ducking a check on the wall (if it was a duck) is bad form but anything to stop the Truba's goon moves are welcome. 

Ducking a body check may be bad form, but ducking a match penalty for elbowing seems fine by me.

3 hours ago, inkman said:

Bad form?  He saved himself from getting taken off the ice on a stretcher.  

I mean, holy hell.

8 hours ago, inkman said:

Just pure comedy 

I'd never wish injury upon any athlete

However, sometimes it's nice when garbage takes itself out. Truba almost gooned himself, and I wouldn't feel the least bit bad for him. Had it coming, comes to mind...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1