Happy Annual Leafs Elimination Day

Matthews is a great player, but he just doesn't show up and carry his team in the playoffs. This year he was injured or sick, but he now has over 50 playoff games and years of it being the same. When you are going to be the highest paid player in the league, an MVP, a multiple time goal scoring champ, you need to pick things up in the playoffs.

Since they have been in the league:

McDavid: +6% more in the playoffs
Draisaitl: +36% more in the playoffs
McKinnon: +16.6% more in the playoffs
Matthews: -24% LESS points per game in the playoffs

Sample size over 50 games now for everyone...over 80 for McKinnon

There have been too many playoff games where just ONE goal would have given the Leafs a win and maybe/probably a series win.  One of these years he's going to have to elevate in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 3

Game 7 in Boston is like Groundhog Day for the Leafs.  
So extra sweet that it was in OT this time and the Bruins came from behind to win again.

Can’t wait to watch Steve Dangle tomorrow morning.

1967 forever baby!!!

Let the bickering commence Leafs fans!

• Haha (+1) 2

As happy as I am the leafs lost again. This is the first year that I'm having a hard time "really" enjoying it. Yet another Sabre miss and subsequent new coach, I am just beat down. We are an embarrassment to all of professional sports; so I would take a game 7 OT loss at this point gladly. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

One of the worst franchises, some of the worst fans.

Thanks again Terry.

As you take joy in Pegula pratfalls, others do the same when certain rivals fail. Someday you should post your rules for acceptable sports “fanning”. 

24 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

One of the worst franchises, some of the worst fans.

Thanks again Terry.

I assume you are talking about the Sabres?  I have no doubt that the Sabres qualify as the worst NHL franchise since Nov 12, 2011.  

What’s wrong with the fans?  

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

I assume you are talking about the Sabres?  I have no doubt that the Sabres qualify as the worst NHL franchise since Nov 12, 2011.  

What’s wrong with the fans?  

They're not supposed to experience schadenfreude over the Leafs losing. Sanctimonious, imo.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, bg17 said:

As you take joy in Pegula pratfalls, others do the same when certain rivals fail. Someday you should post your rules for acceptable sports “fanning”. 

I take no joy in them. I will chuckle tho if we are DFLindy next season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • dislike 1

I don’t get any satisfaction from seeing disappointed Leafs fans because we can all relate, but it’s always nice to see Toronto’s arrogant media get its comeuppance. Never gets old.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It was a tough series for the Leafs. I think they deserved better.

Nylander was hurt the first half of the series, Matthews the second half. Finally found a reliable goalie in Woll and he is injured for Game 7. Both goals were bad by Samsonov.

Marner has to go. Tavares they will let walk in UFA after next year.

Their PP was 1 for 21 which is unbelievable with that talent they have.

Nylander was their best player when healthy, Domi and Knies were very good too.

8 years  as a group, 1 playoff series win. I don’t think Keefe can be back either.

Boston was right there for the taking. They can’t create offence to save their lives.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Remember those asshats in Jersey who cheered America's comeuppance?

That's you if you cheered the Leafs' demise.

That's a ridiculous analogy. The Toronto media and sense of entitlement, despite decades of failure, arguably outstrips 13 years of Terry Pegula, though not for you, apparently. Regardless, it's fully within the tribal allegiances of sports rivalry to wish your near opponents misfortune. It's not equivalent to desiring a pox on their families and horrible lives. Moral outrage over absolutely typical fandom is misplaced and truculent on your part. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Remember those asshats in Jersey who cheered America's comeuppance?

That's you if you cheered the Leafs' demise.

Says the guy who lives 2+ hours from Leafland. Try being a life long Sabres fan in Southern Ontario. Even someone just across the border in Buffalo would get enough Canadian media to know... Let alone the several times a year they show up drunk and obnoxious as all hell to the KBC.

23 minutes ago, Flashsabre said:

It was a tough series for the Leafs. I think they deserved better.

Nylander was hurt the first half of the series, Matthews the second half. Finally found a reliable goalie in Woll and he is injured for Game 7. Both goals were bad by Samsonov.

Marner has to go. Tavares they will let walk in UFA after next year.

Their PP was 1 for 21 which is unbelievable with that talent they have.

Nylander was their best player when healthy, Domi and Knies were very good too.

8 years  as a group, 1 playoff series win. I don’t think Keefe can be back either.

Boston was right there for the taking. They can’t create offence to save their lives.

lebron-james-smallest-violin.gif

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Might end up an even longer weekend for Toronto fans if the Bandits do the Rock later today. Hope being excited about the idea doesn’t make me a terrorist sympathizer. 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1